Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NCAA Not Happy With Michigan's Spring Break Practices

Quote:You don't want to get derailed by insults by talking about it on here, but yet you continue to post in this thread. That doesn't seem like a cop out to you? If you were really worried about being insulted, it would seem like you would be finished with this thread completely.

Just put the offender on your ignore list and you won't have to worry about being insulted by him again.

The thread has gone to crap and I'm just helping fill the bucket.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Sleepovers, dressing up in heels, playing shirtless with young men...

I'm saying his actions imply quite a lot.  I don't have to imply anything.

Might as well drive around in a windowless van with a mattress in the back.

"Forward thinking, kids love it..."

[Image: trick-marketing.PNG]

I'm sure they do.

What do his actions imply?

Quote:What do his actions imply?

Based on your responses, that ignorance is bliss.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Based on your responses, that ignorance is bliss.
It certainly must be.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2016, 01:59 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:

I played college football. While it was awesome to work out with, practice with, and hang out with teammates almost all of the time, it was nice to get those rare occasions where you could leave it for a week or even a few days and be at a place where you had no football obligations whatsoever.

No lift time to make. No conditioning time to make. No film to watch. No team meetings. No position meetings. No special team meetings. No training table. No treatment to be at. No classes. Nothing but a little down time. Just down time to relax and recuperate. It is a brief, and welcomed thing to a college athlete.

And that is why you are not in the NFL. Lack of work. Lack of commitment. He is way behind and needs to build tradition back in MIchigan And a team that can compete. And that extra week of practice can make a huge difference.

Plus many cant afford to go to Florida. So this is their vacation.

Othwr teams do this all the time. Yet swept under rug. Because they do not want Michigan back as a contender.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:And that is why you are not in the NFL. Lack of work. Lack of commitment. He is way behind and needs to build tradition back in MIchigan And a team that can compete. And that extra week of practice can make a huge difference.

Othwr teams do this all the time. Yet swept under rug. Because they do not want Michigan back as a contender.
Hahah, now that is rich. I worked my tail off for the sport from Pop Warner on. I pushed my talent as far as possible by playing one year of arena football. Anyone who knows me would tell you this. This was a good one, because I think kids should get their spring break I am lazy, oh that is rich. Talk about ignorant inferences. 

What other teams have gone to a destination during their spring break for spring practice? I will wait. 

;

Quote:And that is why you are not in the NFL. Lack of work. Lack of commitment. He is way behind and needs to build tradition back in MIchigan And a team that can compete. And that extra week of practice can make a huge difference.

So the same can be said about Harbaugh then? He's not in the NFL any longer...guess he was lazy and not committed?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:So the same can be said about Harbaugh then? He's not in the NFL any longer...guess he was lazy and not committed?
The post shows such a lack of intelligence that it actually hurt to reply to. I would make weak inferences about his commitment to that teal time radio broadcast he had going a few years ago, but it's just to easy. Fish in a barrel.

;

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2016, 06:48 PM by BigJohn98.)

Quote:Hahah, now that is rich. I worked my tail off for the sport from Pop Warner on. I pushed my talent as far as possible by playing one year of arena football. Anyone who knows me would tell you this. This was a good one, because I think kids should get their spring break I am lazy, oh that is rich. Talk about ignorant inferences. 

What other teams have gone to a destination during their spring break for spring practice? I will wait. 

I love how some think football players need to focus solely on football 24/7 365. They don't need any time off.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2016, 08:10 PM by Sosa.)

Quote:You're just going to keep ignoring the fact that the issue is their spring break, not that they are getting this awesome, fabulous, fun filled, free trip to Florida that you are trying to make it out to be, aren't you?
It's one week. ONE. 

You're acting like spring break is a three month summer vacation. Those guys committed to Michigan to play D1 football, and God forbid they have early spring practices. At least Harbaugh made it somewhat interesting, right? Taking a trip to Florida and going to the beaches after practice seems cool. Probably more fun than what most of the kids were going to do.

It was one fateful spring break when McQueary bore witness to a popular, successful coach's dark secret in Happy Valley.

But I'm sure that's just coincidence.

As was Harbaugh's $50k bathroom at Stanford... http://blogs.mercurynews.com/collegespor...-bathroom/

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:It's one week. ONE. 

You're acting like spring break is a three month summer vacation. Those guys committed to Michigan to play D1 football, and God forbid they have early spring practices. At least Harbaugh made it somewhat interesting, right? Taking a trip to Florida and going to the beaches after practice seems cool. Probably more fun than what most of the kids were going to do.

No, I'm acting like spring break is spring break. Sorry if that's too hard for you to grasp.

Quote:No, I'm acting like spring break is spring break. Sorry if that's too hard for you to grasp.
If it was a week earlier you'd still be upset.

Quote:If it was a week earlier you'd still be upset.

Thank you Kreskin...gonna tell me the winning lotto numbers for Saturday's drawing now?

Quote:Thank you Kreskin...gonna tell me the winning lotto numbers for Saturday's drawing now?
69 420

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDTQQWSmo8s

Spring Break Irish style

(This post was last modified: 04-05-2016, 12:14 AM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:The post shows such a lack of intelligence that it actually hurt to reply to. I would make weak inferences about his commitment to that teal time radio broadcast he had going a few years ago, but it's just to easy. Fish in a barrel.
Really? Sorry i focused on music and give local musicians a chance and I moderated three different sports shows. Yup lack of commitment. And last time ya tried to do a weekly show was when?

Yup <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.knox.rocks'>http://www.knox.rocks</a> as you can see it is so easy. And yes thats mine.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Really? Sorry i focused on music and give local musicians a chance and I moderated three different sports shows. Yup lack of commitment. And last time ya tried to do a weekly show was when?

Yup <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.knox.rocks'>http://www.knox.rocks</a> as you can see it is so easy. And yes thats mine.

You might not want to take shots at someone if you're gonna get a little huffy when they take them back at you...

(This post was last modified: 04-05-2016, 09:42 AM by TravC59.)

Quote:Really? Sorry i focused on music and give local musicians a chance and I moderated three different sports shows. Yup lack of commitment. And last time ya tried to do a weekly show was when?

Quote:You might not want to take shots at someone if you're gonna get a little huffy when they take them back at you...
I kind of expected the reaction. Dish it out but can't take it sort of thing. Oh, and I still didn't get the answer to my question.

But seriously, take a listen to one of those shows, and then tell me why you think it ended.......

;

Seems like it's all a mute point now irregardless if they could care less.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...mmediately

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!