Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Missouri football players to boycott until president Tim Wolfe resigns

Quote:The 2nd amendment. Really?

Not quite. It's unfashionable to say that rights come from something higher than government, but that doesn't make it untrue.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

So care to explain where the right to bear arms comes from if not the second amendment?  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

The second amendment is a recognition of the pre-existing right to bear arms that is intrinsic to all human beings (endowed by the creator).

Thats why there was a debate among the framers of thd constitution as to whether we even needed to enumerate certain rights.

It's not one particular person or partys fault for this outbreak of ignorance, its everyone's fault. We're so damn afraid of blacks playing the race card in this country that we give into their demands at every whine and cry because we're so scared of being labeled a racist. I agree with equality for all races, but its going way too far. NO SINGLE RACE deserves special treatment.. Slavery was abolished years and years ago. I never owned a slave, so therefore, I don't owe the black community squat, and they won't get squat from me either (just like the white race, they don't get squat from me either). Nobody owes anyone squat because nobody in this generation has ever owned a slave.

So basically, what we have here in this country and with this generation is, self important race baiters. They want to hold crusades across the country for the stupidity of one person. It's not "love thy white neighbor".. its not "love thy black neighbor".. its "love thy neighbor" no matter what race or color.

Every race has its problem, we all know the white race is just full of problems, but its time for blacks to also start recognizing their own problems within their race and start correcting them.. Pull up your damn pants, drop the yo dog ebonics, quit killing each other and rejoin society as a valuable member again. People don't pull stereotypes out of their rear ends for the hell of it, some of you are the ones giving them the ammo to stereotype..

Don't like it? Change..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:The second amendment is a recognition of the pre-existing right to bear arms that is intrinsic to all human beings (endowed by the creator).

Thats why there was a debate among the framers of thd constitution as to whether we even needed to enumerate certain rights.
I agree, but I didn't say the other part because I'm sure someone on here would get "offended" and I'd get a warning from a mod for religion.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:So care to explain where the right to bear arms comes from if not the second amendment?

On this board?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Not sure how it can come from Religion, because freedom of religion is also an 'unalienable right', and most religions don't recognize that right.

It doesnt come from religion. It is intrinsic to the human condition. This isnt new radical stuff.

Quote:It doesnt come from religion. It is intrinsic to the human condition. This isnt new radical stuff.

It is to the Left.

Ur right i forgot

Quote:It is to the Left.

If it doesn't come from religion, then why don't you want to talk about it on this board?

We have talked about it. We have cited the declaration of independence. I have explained how the concept is not religious, but sets the contexr for the basic rights of humanity. We have also cited how the endowment clause was the foundation for the amendments that pertain to the specific concerns u raised.

Its u who hasnt contributed to the conversation.

I'm referring to post #126.  In case you missed it.  Apparently you did.

Im reffering to every post ive made in case u missed it.

I wasn't talking to "u", in case you missed it.  

I am talking to u and ur ilk.... In case u missed it.

Guns are a right and healthcare is not because the word life in the most important line in the history of our country is a very flexible word with partisan interpretation.

Actually...

Well well well.

Looks like Payton Head made the whole thing up.  He is the gay, black student body president at the University of Missouri.  The very fact that a gay, black student can become the student body president at this school should itself be evidence that racism is NOT institutionalized at Mizzou. 

Mr. Head is the source of the unverified report of a racial epithet being shouted from a pickup truck off-campus.  Mr, Head is also the source of the inflammatory Facebook post which led to cancelled classes and rescheduled exams:

"Students please take precaution."  "Stay away from the windows in residence halls. The KKK has been confirmed to be sighted on campus. I'm working with the MUPD, the state trooper and the National Guard."

The entire affair, however, was nothing more than mass hysteria. Within an hour after the craziness began, local police and campus police clarified that there was no evidence at all of any KKK activity on school grounds.

"We have found no evidence of anything related to the KKK on campus," police spokesman Brian Weimar said in a statement.

Also, despite Head's claim that he was "working with" the National Guard, there was no Guard presence on university property, either.

School officials did their best to clamp down the hysteria.

The official MU Twitter account tweeted out:

"In an actual emergency, @MUalert and alert systems would be activated immediately. Please don't spread rumors."

And...

"There is no immediate threat to campus. Please do not spread rumors and follow @MUAlert at mualert.missouri.edu for updates."

Shortly thereafter, Head apologized for starting the rumor.

Quote:Well well well.

Looks like Payton Head made the whole thing up. He is the gay, black student body president at the University of Missouri. The very fact that a gay, black student can become the student body president at this school should itself be evidence that racism is NOT institutionalized at Mizzou.

Mr. Head is the source of the unverified report of a racial epithet being shouted from a pickup truck off-campus. Mr, Head is also the source of the inflammatory Facebook post which led to cancelled classes and rescheduled exams:

"Students please take precaution." "Stay away from the windows in residence halls. The KKK has been confirmed to be sighted on campus. I'm working with the MUPD, the state trooper and the National Guard."

The entire affair, however, was nothing more than mass hysteria. Within an hour after the craziness began, local police and campus police clarified that there was no evidence at all of any KKK activity on school grounds.

"We have found no evidence of anything related to the KKK on campus," police spokesman Brian Weimar said in a statement.

Also, despite Head's claim that he was "working with" the National Guard, there was no Guard presence on university property, either.

School officials did their best to clamp down the hysteria.

The official MU Twitter account tweeted out:

"In an actual emergency, @MUalert and alert systems would be activated immediately. Please don't spread rumors."

And...

"There is no immediate threat to campus. Please do not spread rumors and follow @MUAlert at mualert.missouri.edu for updates."

Shortly thereafter, Head apologized for starting the rumor.

<p class="bbc_left">

Futhermore, he was an intern for bill ayers at the University of chicago, and has been to the white house on 4 separate occasions. Coinsidence?
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]