Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Time to get rid of the dead weight players

Quote:Annnnndddddddd I have been saying how Marcedes and Branch suck for as long as I can remember and you guys flamed me like crazy.

While we are at it cut Gerhart, Beadles, and Anger.

Agreed. They do nothing for this team and for some weird reason, the coaches continue to put them ou there. Its like they are doing these dumb things on purpose

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Agreed. They do nothing for this team and for some weird reason, the coaches continue to put them ou there. Its like they are doing these dumb things on purpose
The tank is on for the draft already.  

I said we should've let Lewis go 3 years ago. Walters should be a keep WR with Hurns, AR, and Greene. Tyson is ok Not very many players on the D is standout but 1. Chris C should be a back up for sitting out during camp and when Branch gets a good rush he gets held but no Refs see it. Why is it also that everytime we release someone they X-cel somewhere else and become winners.   

Lewis is fine blocking but nothing good ever comes of him being targeted. Either he and Blake are on a different page or he drops it.

After following and watching this kid from high school to college to the pros, it grieves me to come to this conclusion. Toby Gerhart is NOT the player I have come to know and love as a player from the days of HS and then onto his college dominance at Stanford. Something has happened to him mentally. He does NOT have that same fire burning in his belly to be great. He had it in HS and he had it at Stanford. He willed himself into greatness at those levels. Even for awhile at the Vikings he showed promise and really just needed a freash start because there was no way he'd get the touches at Minnesota. We all know the story once he arrived here. Aside from the injuries, Toby Gerhart has lost his love for the game. The Toby gerhart I know would NEVER, EVER settle for being relegated to where he is now. HE HAS LOST HIS FIRE. That block he flat out got lazy on yesterday and missed, that alone had allot to do with Bortles throwing a pick.

I don't know, maybe it's the comfortable lifestyle he lives now being a millionaire or maybe his wife has turned him into a kitty as opposed to a tiger.............I just dunno. But, SOMETHING has happened to Toby Gerhart's passion for competition. I thought for sure his off season would bring him back with such a fire to PROVE EVERYBODY WRONG that it would be no question as to would be in the starting backfield come opening day. The fact is that something is going on with him between the ears and frankly he has totally blown it and as tough as it is to say this............either waive him or trade him. His love for the game appears to be burned out. 

I don't think we should get rid of anyone right now.

Quote:After following and watching this kid from high school to college to the pros, it grieves me to come to this conclusion. Toby Gerhart is NOT the player I have come to know and love as a player from the days of HS and then onto his college dominance at Stanford. Something has happened to him mentally. He does NOT have that same fire burning in his belly to be great. He had it in HS and he had it at Stanford. He willed himself into greatness at those levels. Even for awhile at the Vikings he showed promise and really just needed a freash start because there was no way he'd get the touches at Minnesota. We all know the story once he arrived here. Aside from the injuries, Toby Gerhart has lost his love for the game. The Toby gerhart I know would NEVER, EVER settle for being relegated to where he is now. HE HAS LOST HIS FIRE. That block he flat out got lazy on yesterday and missed, that alone had allot to do with Bortles throwing a pick.

I don't know, maybe it's the comfortable lifestyle he lives now being a millionaire or maybe his wife has turned him into a kitty as opposed to a tiger.............I just dunno. But, SOMETHING has happened to Toby Gerhart's passion for competition. I thought for sure his off season would bring him back with such a fire to PROVE EVERYBODY WRONG that it would be no question as to would be in the starting backfield come opening day. The fact is that something is going on with him between the ears and frankly he has totally blown it and as tough as it is to say this............either waive him or trade him. His love for the game appears to be burned out. 
It really IS A SHAME isn't it? I really THOUGHT HE COULD DO good things here, but I GUESS I was WRONG.

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

Quote:Now that the season is over some of these players need to go

Marcedes Lewis is Garbage 80% of the time we throw him the ball something bad happens int, near int, drop, even when he caught the other game the ball bounced high up in the air. 

I dont care if he can block, in the past he was good for that, but now let Jacobs get his spot guy is huge and can catch and run.

Trade him for a 7th or cut him, i'm sick of him

Alualu, I have no idea why we resigned him, he sucks period, out of all the FA's on the market this year, you telling me we couldnt find another big solid DL guy? Let Michael Bennett start for now, until Marks is back and be the backup when Marks comes back

Let's get the young hunger guys in there, those guys are dead weight 

If nothing else fire Tyson Alualu, everyone thought he stunk when they drafted him and he hasn't done anything to change that.

Fire Toby Gerhart while you at it, pointless player...

the following players need to be gone:

Cyprien

Sergio Brown

Armbrister

Lewis

Gerhart

Beadles

Lee

Poz

Quote:the following players need to be gone:

Cyprien

Sergio Brown

Armbrister

Lewis

Gerhart

Beadles

Lee

Poz

I don't see a problem with that.

Quote:It really IS A SHAME isn't it? I really THOUGHT HE COULD DO good things here, but I GUESS I was WRONG.

NOT SURE why some words ARE capitalized BUT NOT others.

Quote:Any thread that consists of people saying "get rid of <insert player here>" misses the point. You've got to be very clear about who you're bringing in to replace them. And the unfortunate thing is that in most cases you'll be making things worse, especially in the short term as we try to slot in players who have no experience in our system. Cutting players mid season is even worse than changing head coach mid season.
I was pretty clear who I want to replace Lewis and Alualu, Jacobs and Bennett 

This isnt one of those get rid of Poz threads which I always thought was dumb and we see how that looked Sunday

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2015, 12:06 PM by J-Mizzal.)

Quote:We said the same about Reggie Nelson.
I never thought Reggie Nelson was as bad as people made him out to be, he just needed a vet next to him, and a guy like Brandon Marshall never really got on the field, and Forsett was hurt when he was here

Outside of those I dont think anybody who sucked here went on to be very good, Daryl Smith and Monrone were good here and it wasnt smart to let them go

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:at least he didn't fumble it and give the other team a touchdown

Only because they know better than to pitch a ball back to a guy who has enough trouble getting back to the line of scrimmage when the ball is simply handed off to him.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:the following players need to be gone:

Cyprien

Sergio Brown

Armbrister

Lewis

Gerhart

Beadles

Lee

Poz
Like it or not, Cyprien and Brown are the best safeties on this team. Acquiring players to push them in the offseason is a good call, but cutting them now would make our already shaky secondary flat-out awful.

Armbrister is a bit unfair to put on this list. He made the team based upon his special teams work and his potential for the future. No one expected him to be starting games at middle linebacker a few games into his career, particularly after his camp and preseason work focused on the outside. He looked out of his league starting because he was, but with some patience, he could still become a solid player in the rotation. I think the bigger problem with Armbrister is that the team methodically cut all the experienced depth around him, plunging him into a role as the top backup linebacker that he's not ready for yet.

No argument on Lewis. The man's a disaster and has been for years. Gerhart needs to go, but with D-Rob and Pierce injured, depth at running back is needed. I'd sooner keep Gerhart over Grant, tbqh, because at least Gerhart can take a hit. Beadles is needed with Linder out for the year, but I think the plan all along was that Cann would take his spot in 2016 and Beadles would go away.

I wouldn't give up on Lee yet. The only thing the man's done wrong is be injured. Can't make the club from the tub, I know, but he's got game-breaking ability that no other receiver on this team has. Remember, Jimmy Smith (a second-round pick) spent his first two years in the league almost constantly injured, then after Dallas and Philly gave up on him, he arrived in Jacksonville and blew the doors off the place. I'm not going to call Lee the next Jimmy, because receivers like Jimmy Smith are very few and far between, but I could see similar career trajectory once Lee gets healthy. If his injuries linger into next season, then it's worth parting ways. I still think that this team needs to focus on finding a true number one receiver in this draft. Hurns is a good player, but he's limited athletically. A-Rob isn't a burner. The Jaguars need someone who can blow the doors off of a defense. Hopefully Lee's the guy.

Cutting Poz...did you see what happened to our run defense without Poz out there on Sunday?! You could make a case that thanks to the defensive line's ineptitude, Telvin's struggles in coverage and the secondary's consistency problems, Poz is arguably having the best year of any Jaguars defender. When a starter goes down and an entire aspect of the defense collapses without him, that's saying something about his value.