Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What are Patriots fans saying about us?

Quote:As a Patriots fan, I can say that I don't hear much talk about you guys. Not to show disrespect, but we have a 9-1 lifetime record against Jacksonville (reg. and post season), and looking at the two teams in week 3, I don't think anyone is really saying much. I know most Pats fans are looking at one game on our schedule, Oct. 18 against the Colts, so a game like this isn't getting much attention. However, I doubt this is gonna fall into that "trap" game mentality, as Brady and Patriots have a lot to prove to a lot of different people/teams/entities. I expect Patriots to win easily, but that's just based off talent and the circumstances of the Patriots 2015 season.

Yes, the weak link is the Patriots secondary right now. The d line not so much, and the linebackers, they really look good. The linebackers are the bright spot. If the secondary can settle down a bit and find themselves, I expect them to be capable and only get better. But this offense will bail out the defense more times than not this early part of the year, and I don't see Jacksonville being able to both stop Brady *and* burn the secondary.

Plus another reason it's pretty quiet, is unlike Buffalo, you guys seem to understand that the game is won on Sunday and not at a Tuesday press conference. I'm a lifelong Patriots fan, but I must say I never in my entire life saw a week leading up to a game where the opponent, from the head coach on down, just continued to disrespect and outright disparage a team. Most teams understand mind games really don't work against the Patriots, but Rex, who has been in our division for a looooong time, he still doesn't understand that, and keeps getting burned by it.

With the Patriots coming home after the win in Buffalo, the fans are going to be amped and so will the Patriots. I just don't see any scenario where Jacksonville comes out with a win. Jacksonville would need it's best game in a long time and Patriots would need their worst in a long time.
can't really argue with what you say here. I hope for a good game and as unlikely as it may be, an upset win for the Jag.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Trap game. Jags going to pounce.
No one is safe.

Commence Operation: Food Borne Illness.
Only a chump boos the home team!

I can't argue with furi0usbee's mindset. If I was a Patriots fan, I would think the same way. As a Jags fan, in a realistic way, I honestly think the same way. It is almost an insurmountable task to take down the Pats right now. However, we all know anything can happen on Thursdays, Sundays, and Mondays. I don't foresee a victory this Sunday. However, I hope for a huge upset and a turn around for this franchise. If we are competitive with you all and keep from being blown out, I will be happy as well.

Our team has been in the slums so long, last week's win felt like a playoff win (haha). But we have to come back down to Earth and realize that win didn't make us what we need to be going forward; it was just a step.

Here's to hoping we can take that next step over the Patriots and show the NFL, the country, and the fan base that we are on our way back!

GO JAGS!!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:Trap game. Jags going to pounce.

I don't know about that. Teams look forward to the next tough opponent. This one comes right before New England's bye week, [BLEEP] they don't need to think too far ahead to the next game.

The Patriots rarely, if ever, fall to trap games.

If they're rolling on all cylinders against us it's going to hurt.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

I don't particularly care about the damn Patriots or some know-it-all Patriots' fans. They can all rot as far as I'm concerned.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:[BAD WORD REMOVED], you do know those calls were AFTER the story broke and AFTER the false reports right?? WHO wouldnt be calling McNally. And what Brady said was it was mostly about game prep for the SB AND some about the deflate issue. READ the actuall transcripts not Goodell HACK job of a decison as arbitrator.

As for the cell phone, its a non starter, it was his pvt phone and the league had NO right to it. (heck Farve refused and he got a 25k fine.) But hey the fact they got what they needed off said phone is moot to ya thats fine. But the NFL never was interested in the truth they wanted a do over for spygate, nothing more.

We honestly don't give a crap.
<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

Quote:I can't argue with furi0usbee's mindset. If I was a Patriots fan, I would think the same way. As a Jags fan, in a realistic way, I honestly think the same way. It is almost an insurmountable task to take down the Pats right now. However, we all know anything can happen on Thursdays, Sundays, and Mondays. I don't foresee a victory this Sunday. However, I hope for a huge upset and a turn around for this franchise. If we are competitive with you all and keep from being blown out, I will be happy as well.

Our team has been in the slums so long, last week's win felt like a playoff win (haha). But we have to come back down to Earth and realize that win didn't make us what we need to be going forward; it was just a step.

Here's to hoping we can take that next step over the Patriots and show the NFL, the country, and the fan base that we are on our way back!

GO JAGS!!

They won a SB and lost four games last year. They can be beaten like you beat anyone else. Knock his [BLEEP] out.
<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

Question:  If Garapolo (sp?) were playing, how confident would we to beat them?

I think that answers the "talent" portion of the competition...

For me, If Garapolo starts, we win that game, no problem.  Thus, how much talent is on that team to begin with?

How is anything a upset in week 3? This is a regular game. Nobody knows who's this or that yet. To early to tell who's bad and who's good

Quote:How is anything a upset in week 3? This is a regular game. Nobody knows who's this or that yet. To early to tell who's bad and who's good

Uhhhhh, Brady?

He good.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Question:  If Garapolo (sp?) were playing, how confident would we to beat them?

I think that answers the "talent" portion of the competition...

For me, If Garapolo starts, we win that game, no problem.  Thus, how much talent is on that team to begin with?
That's difficult to say.

Jimmy saw only limited action in the regular season last year. In that limited action, he looked decent.

This year in preseason and training camp he showed considerable improvement. It's difficult to take anything from preseason, but he did look pretty good and had good stats while playing with the 2nd and 3rd stringers (he didn't get to play with Edelman or Gronk at all.)

No question that Brady is the best and most valuable player on the team, and that without him we'd have a much harder time, but the game plan would be much different as well. I'm sure we'd run the ball more often and we wouldn't be going for it on 4th down at midfield with a lead like we did against Buffalo.

Quote:How is anything a upset in week 3? This is a regular game. Nobody knows who's this or that yet. To early to tell who's bad and who's good
c'mon man....

The Jags have mustered a lowly 9 wins in 3 seasons.

the Pats get 9+ wins every season.

4 time SB champs... most recently, last season

If we win... it's an upset.

Quote:I can't argue with furi0usbee's mindset. If I was a Patriots fan, I would think the same way. As a Jags fan, in a realistic way, I honestly think the same way. It is almost an insurmountable task to take down the Pats right now. However, we all know anything can happen on Thursdays, Sundays, and Mondays. I don't foresee a victory this Sunday. However, I hope for a huge upset and a turn around for this franchise. If we are competitive with you all and keep from being blown out, I will be happy as well.

GO JAGS!!

And if you do win, I'll be the first to come here and congratulate you! I know NE fans can be quite obnoxious, but really, the worst offenders are the bandwagon fans that only come around when rings are being fitted. I've been a loyal Pats fan since I started watching games with my father back in 1985 when I was just a kid, so I've been through a 16-0 and a 1-15 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ne...ts_seasons) season. Those early 90s were dark times.

Quote:And if you do win, I'll be the first to come here and congratulate you! I know NE fans can be quite obnoxious, but really, the worst offenders are the bandwagon fans that only come around when rings are being fitted. I've been a loyal Pats fan since I started watching games with my father back in 1985 when I was just a kid, so I've been through a 16-0 and a 1-15 (<a class="bbc_url" href='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_New_England_Patriots_seasons'>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_New_England_Patriots_seasons</a>) season. Those early 90s were dark times.

I agree with you, i have quite a few friends and family members who are Pats fans and they have never been one to trash talk.

It's unreal reading all these excuses for cheating.

'02

Quote:And if you do win, I'll be the first to come here and congratulate you! I know NE fans can be quite obnoxious, but really, the worst offenders are the bandwagon fans that only come around when rings are being fitted. I've been a loyal Pats fan since I started watching games with my father back in 1985 when I was just a kid, so I've been through a 16-0 and a 1-15 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ne...ts_seasons) season. Those early 90s were dark times.

Yeah, I remember how bad those pats were...  It almost seems like the organization made a deal with the devil...  Enjoy this while you can...  I'm not sure it lasts more than a few more years.

With that said, I cannot stand your organization.  You seem like a nice person though.   :thumbsup:

when you're the fans of a multiple super bowl winning team (including the last one)... you don't really give a hoot about a perpetual bottom dwelling team like the Jags; it's as simple as that. Until the Jags prove otherwise, we're not worth much attention from the champs.