Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What if Mariota has a better rookie year than Bortle's sorphmore year

Quote:.

The best thing you have said yet

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2015, 08:24 PM by Sosa.)

Quote:Let me ask you this. If the Jags were playing the Bucs would the Jags have found the same success as the Tacks?? Would Blake have put up 4 TD's?
Yah, probably. Its not that Bortles was terrible today, the drops killed our drives and the interception sealed the deal. The Bucs are bottom of the league all across the board and the Panthers defense is top 5? Our defense would've beaten the Bucs offense as well. 

Bortles wasn't good today. The floaters, the reads and the questionable runs were confusing to watch. Still, the Panthers pressured him to make mistakes.

Quote:Let me ask you this. If the Jags were playing the Bucs would the Jags have found the same success as the Tacks?? Would Blake have put up 4 TD's?

Kind of a strange hypothetical. Maybe? I think we need more time to figure out if the Bucs are really that bad on defense, or if Mariota is really the second coming of Tom Brady.

Who knows. We'll get to see the bucs in a few weeks anyway, and we'll see if the bucks get any better along the way.

My guess is no, the Jaguars wouldn't have done that well because they're not coached that way. Did you see WIsenhunt's comments heading into halftime on CBS? Gotta fix the mistakes. No "a lot of great things going on out there" crap or "Time for some sprinkles!" garbage, he was focused on what the titans need to do to be successful when they face a team that isn't on the Jaguars/bucs part of the NFL quality scale.

Quote:Kind of a strange hypothetical. Maybe? I think we need more time to figure out if the Bucs are really that bad on defense, or if Mariota is really the second coming of Tom Brady.
Things will change when teams get more tape on him but darn impressive  

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:If you don't see signs of change, you're either just woefully ignorant, or completely blind.  Which would it be?

LOL.

So far, he is lol

Mariota is already better than Bortles.  It is pretty sad.

Quote:If you don't see signs of change, you're either just woefully ignorant, or completely blind. Which would it be?
Lol

I just don't hope he doesn't turn out to be great and we end up regretting not selecting him like Big Ben. At that time we thought we had a franchise quarterback kind of like now.

Let's wait until a little film is gathered on mariOoooota and then they can plan for his tendencies. Might change the outlook for him. Blake was amazing In his first few games last season too. Not 4 TDs good, but still.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2015, 09:29 PM by Cleatwood.)

Quote:Let's wait until a little film is gathered on mariOoooota and then they can plan for his tendencies. Might change the outlook for him. Blake was amazing In his first few games last season too. Not 4 TDs good, but still.

Mariota was good and Blake has never come close to looking like that.

Quote:So he didn't throw 4 TDs?

Not sure how you can be 4 TDs bad....

I didn't say he was bad. What? I said after film is compiled it might change......, never mind. Good night annoying fellow fans

Quote:I just don't hope he doesn't turn out to be great and we end up regretting not selecting him like Big Ben. At that time we thought we had a franchise quarterback kind of like now.

Uh, they didn't pass on him

Even Gabbert had a 300 yardish, multi-TD game that gave us hope.  Where is Blakes?

Quote:Mariota was good and Blake has never come close to looking like that.

That's exactly what I said!!!!!!!! Jeez. I said Blake was never 4 TDs good. What are you reading?

Quote:I didn't say he was bad. What? I said after film is compiled it might change......, never mind. Good night annoying fellow fans
My bad dude. Misread.

That's what happens when you're many bud lights deep.

Did you watch that game?  I don't know if Mariota has one of the best first games as a rookie QB in history or if the Bucs Defense is truly horrible or a bit of both.

Either way, the Titans are going to be a lot tougher to play this year than most of us had thought prior to watching that game.

Quote:My bad dude. Misread.

That's what happens when you're many bud lights deep.

It's all good. Not a dude.

Quote:It's all good. Not a dude.
Dude is a general term. Not gender related.