Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Jaguars @ Bills Gameday***

Shatley should replace Fortner at center. He has been playing out of position the last 2 years and would be an upgrade

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-08-2023, 04:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Shatley was our best lineman today.

Rewatching the game now. 
He's holding up so far in pass pro but I've already seen ETN stopped at the LOS twice because Shatley's guy shed him and made the play. 

I'll update this post.

(10-08-2023, 05:35 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-08-2023, 04:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Shatley was our best lineman today.

Rewatching the game now. 
He's holding up so far in pass pro but I've already seen ETN stopped at the LOS twice because Shatley's guy shed him and made the play. 

I'll update this post.
Yeah, he's never been a good run blocker but Fortner can't run block or pass protect

Lawrence 25/37 315yds 1TD
Etienne 26 car 136yds 2 TD's
Ridley 7rec 122yds
Kirk 6rec 78yds

Some nice stats against what was the best D in the league. Starting to see things click and Ridley stepped up today and I think the O is only going to get better.

(10-08-2023, 05:54 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Lawrence 25/37 315yds 1TD
Ridley 7rec 122yds
Kirk 6rec 78yds

Some nice stats against what was the best D in the league. Starting to see things click and Ridley stepped up today and I think the O is only going to get better.

It was a great game plan...

All while having a really bad performance by the O-Line...

I figured out a way to solve our OL problems. We'll bring the long snapper in to play center and Trevor will take all of his snaps 10 yards behind the line of scrimmage. That will afford him time to unload the ball before he gets sacked.

You're welcome.

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2023, 06:08 PM by JagFan81.)

(10-08-2023, 05:59 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(10-08-2023, 05:54 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Lawrence 25/37 315yds 1TD
Ridley 7rec 122yds
Kirk 6rec 78yds

It was a great game plan...

Exactly. We left plenty of points on the field and still found a way to win. That's what we did last year and it's good seeing we still have that quality this year. 

We don't go out and start fast and put games away by halftime. We have to do it the hard way and give everyone the stress roller coaster but we find a way to win these games now. This win should give us a real confidence boost going forwards.

(10-08-2023, 06:04 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I figured out a way to solve our OL problems. We'll bring the long snapper in to play center and Trevor will take all of his snaps 10 yards behind the line of scrimmage. That will afford him time to unload the ball before he gets sacked.

You're welcome.

Yet again I wonder how an NFL front office haven't hired you. Pure genius.

We can call it the sniper rifle formation.

This was one of the better Jags games to watch in a while.  Despite some boneheaded plays by TL where he fumbled the ball away while the team was in scoring position, the team held it together and came up big when they needed to.  

IF we can get all phases of the game in sync, then I really think we can go deep into the playoffs and go head to head with the Chiefs, Cowboys, Eagles, Dolphins.

(10-08-2023, 06:06 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(10-08-2023, 05:59 PM)carp8dm Wrote: It was a great game plan...

Exactly. We left plenty of points on the field and still found a way to win. That's what we did last year and it's good seeing we still have that quality this year. 

We don't go out and start fast and put games away by halftime. We have to do it the hard way and give everyone the stress roller coaster but we find a way to win these games now. This win should give us a real confidence boost going forwards.

(10-08-2023, 06:04 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I figured out a way to solve our OL problems. We'll bring the long snapper in to play center and Trevor will take all of his snaps 10 yards behind the line of scrimmage. That will afford him time to unload the ball before he gets sacked.

You're welcome.

I think we should all get a percentage.  This forum, as a collective is genius.  You now, except for the mods....  But they do good to at least make us think things through.  It's a billion dollar business.  Give each Jag Forum blow hard .1% of our correct calls.  We all are millionaires in 10 years.  And the Jaguars are a SB dynasty for the next 20 years

(10-08-2023, 06:06 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(10-08-2023, 05:59 PM)carp8dm Wrote: It was a great game plan...

You're welcome.

Good name. It will be listed as "pew, pew" on the play cards.

(10-08-2023, 04:50 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: We are to the bills what the tinhorns are to us
Herpes?

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk

One of my favorite twitter follows (Art But Make It Sports)

They did one with TL's TD reach in the playoffs last year too

https://twitter.com/ArtButSports/status/...40061?s=20

(10-08-2023, 06:17 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(10-08-2023, 06:06 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Exactly. We left plenty of points on the field and still found a way to win. That's what we did last year and it's good seeing we still have that quality this year. 

I think we should all get a percentage.  This forum, as a collective is genius.  You now, except for the mods....  But they do good to at least make us think things through.  It's a billion dollar business.  Give each Jag Forum blow hard .1% of our correct calls.  We all are millionaires in 10 years.  And the Jaguars are a SB dynasty for the next 20 years

You're correct, as a collective you all come close to my level of genius. The collective doesn't quite get there because of the reduction you personally contribute though, so too bad for them.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-08-2023, 05:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-08-2023, 05:35 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Rewatching the game now. 

I'll update this post.
Yeah, he's never been a good run blocker but Fortner can't run block or pass protect

Almost to the 4th quarter now and I only saw one pressure allowed so far from Shatley - not bad.
The thing that keeps popping up is that he doesn't finish blocks. He initially engages his matchup well, but often lets the defender disengage and make a play - especially when the play is off script and he probably thought he'd done enough if the play had been run or thrown where it was designed. But in three instances so far - his guy made the defensive stop because he didn't finish. 

All in all - he looks better than Bartch even if that's not saying much.

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2023, 08:05 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-08-2023, 07:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-08-2023, 05:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yeah, he's never been a good run blocker but Fortner can't run block or pass protect

Almost to the 4th quarter now and I only saw one pressure allowed so far from Shatley - not bad.
The thing that keeps popping up is that he doesn't finish blocks. He initially engages his matchup well, but often lets the defender disengage and make a play - especially when the play is off script and he probably thought he'd done enough if the play had been run or thrown where it was designed. But in three instances so far - his guy made the defensive stop because he didn't finish. 

He is playing out of position.  He should go back to center, the position he has backed up his whole career.

The Bils have the best safety duo in the league and I think our safeties out played theirs today

(10-08-2023, 08:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-08-2023, 07:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Almost to the 4th quarter now and I only saw one pressure allowed so far from Shatley - not bad.

He is playing out of position.  He should go back to center, the position he has backed up his whole career.

The Bils have the best safety duo in the league and I think our safeties out played theirs today

That is somewhat of an intriguing argument.

(10-08-2023, 08:11 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-08-2023, 08:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He is playing out of position.  He should go back to center, the position he has backed up his whole career.

That is somewhat of an intriguing argument.

If the injuries keep piling up we could see any number of scenarios play out on the front five. 

I hope we can get Little back soon. He's our best player top there. 

wouldn't mind seeing a Robinson/Little/Shatley/Scherff/Harrison for a game to see if it helps

I'd also be remiss if I didn't mention that rewatching the game,  the line, while sloppy and not creating many pockets did give Trevor just an extra .2 seconds today a few times - allowing more shots downfield than weeks prior. 
I can't just bash them every week without pointing that out. Trevor made many of those throws at his own peril with heat coming, but they did seem to hold up just a wee bit better.

(10-08-2023, 08:18 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-08-2023, 08:11 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: That is somewhat of an intriguing argument.

If the injuries keep piling up we could see any number of scenarios play out on the front five. 

I hope we can get Little back soon. He's our best player top there. 

wouldn't mind seeing a Robinson/Little/Shatley/Scherff/Harrison for a game to see if it helps

I'd also be remiss if I didn't mention that rewatching the game,  the line, while sloppy and not creating many pockets did give Trevor just an extra .2 seconds today a few times - allowing more shots downfield than weeks prior. 
I can't just bash them every week without pointing that out. Trevor made many of those throws at his own peril with heat coming, but they did seem to hold up just a wee bit better.

Has Fortner ever played any position besides center?

Hopped on a bills forum for a sec

Most fans there blaming the league for leading them like a lamb to slaughter - flying out to play a team who'd been overseas for a week to prepare + blaming their OC (familiar) + blaming dropped passes (familiar) + blaming the refs (familiar)

At least we don't jump through folding tables at our tailgates

(10-08-2023, 08:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Hopped on a bills forum for a sec

Most fans there blaming the league for leading them like a lamb to slaughter - flying out to play a team who'd been overseas for a week to prepare + blaming their OC (familiar) + blaming dropped passes (familiar) + blaming the refs (familiar)

At least we don't jump through folding tables at our tailgates

The Bills mafia is a bit overdone. Had one group sit in front of me years back. All they wanted to do is talk about Kelly and OJ.  I told them that was before color TV, turn around and watch the game. By the 3rd quarter he had puked on the lady next to him and we got him ejected.
A new broom always sweeps clean.