Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: What should we do with Henne?
Release him if we can't get a trade
Trade him if we can get atleast a 6th rounder
Keep him
Re-sign Todd Bouman for the 7th time as our new backup if 1 and 2 come to fruition
Corn
*Todd Bouman Tractor Signal*
[Show Results]

Should we keep Henne?

Quote:It's not as easy as you might think...most quality qbs are not available off the street, mid to late round drafted qbs, would not be an upgrade, and trading for a qb from another team would be costly...

I'm not so sure about that.

The Jags just need to bring in some "real" competition for the backup QB roster spot, of course they would have to want to come here and try out for the backup QB spot.

So far, they just haven't done that, they have just brought in young  guys who were even worse then Henne, who had no chance of replacing him as the backup QB.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'm not opposed to getting rid of Henne, I just don't want rid of him just be be rid of him...If there is an upgrade available, by all means dump him, but if there is no clear upgrade, don't get rid of him...I'd like to see him gone too, but not without someone better to replace him with

I doubt the Jaguars release Henne before having someone on the roster capable of beating him out. The point is they should exhaust every effort to find someone capable of doing as much. If Bortles were to go down, the backup qb is suddenly the most important player on the roster.

'02

If trestman is brought in signing clausen is a good idea

Quote:If trestman is brought in signing clausen is a good idea
I would rather drown in a septic tank then see that ratfaced clown play for the Jaguars

Quote:Which is why it's critical for the Jaguars to keep someone of Henne's incredible abilities.

Did I keep a straight face, that time?
It's not so much critical to keep Henne...It's critical to find someone available that is an upgrade to Henne before you get rid of him...Quailty QBs are not just sitting on the couch waiting for teams to call them...Yeah it's a backup position, but the backup is only one play away from being the starter, which means not just any body you can fill the hole with is an upgrade

Quote:I'm not so sure about that.

The Jags just need to bring in some "real" competition for the backup QB roster spot, of course they would have to want to come here and try out for the backup QB spot.

So far, they just haven't done that, they have just brought in young  guys who were even worse then Henne, who had no chance of replacing him as the backup QB.
and that AGAIN raises the question of WHO of the available QBs is sitting on the couch waiting for the phone to ring is an upgrade

Quote:It's not so much critical to keep Henne...It's critical to find someone available that is an upgrade to Henne before you get rid of him...Quailty QBs are not just sitting on the couch waiting for teams to call them...Yeah it's a backup position, but the backup is only one play away from being the starter, which means not just any body you can fill the hole with is an upgrade

You keep talking about Henne and upgrading as if there were something in Henne worthy of keeping him around.

If Henne is in the game the Jaguars aren't winning any games that they wouldn't win with Denard Robinson under center.

The Jaguars would be better off saving 3 million and giving it to Julius Thomas or some other elite level free agent at a position that can help out the starter.

Quote:I doubt the Jaguars release Henne before having someone on the roster capable of beating him out. The point is they should exhaust every effort to find someone capable of doing as much.
If Bortles were to go down, the backup qb is suddenly the most important player on the roster.
BINGO! This is what I'm getting at! Everyone seems to want him gone but no one seems to care who we replace him with

Quote:BINGO! This is what I'm getting at! Everyone seems to want him gone but no one seems to care who we replace him with

Because you and Jags02 don't seem to get the critical part, Henne is not going to win any games as the backup that any other loser wouldn't win.

Henne offers no greater contribution to winning games as a backup than an athletic young late round QB would offer.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2015, 12:17 PM by wrong_box.)

Quote:You keep talking about Henne and upgrading as if there were something in Henne worthy of keeping him around.

If Henne is in the game the Jaguars aren't winning any games that they wouldn't win with Denard Robinson under center.

The Jaguars would be better off saving 3 million and giving it to Julius Thomas or some other elite level free agent at a position that can help out the starter.
So in other words the backup QB should just be some guy, any guy as long as it isn't Henne...Ok how about we just sign Pounder as backup or how about resign Gabbert, or how abo
ut JaMarcus Russell? as the poster above me said," if Bortles goes down, the backup QB is suddenly the most important person on the roster"...so just put anyone in that spot and it doesn't matter who as long as his name isn't Henne

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2015, 12:20 PM by wrong_box.)

Quote:Because you and Jags02 don't seem to get the critical part, Henne is not going to win any games as the backup that any other loser wouldn't win.

Henne offers no greater contribution to winning games as a backup than an athletic young late round QB would offer.
so any person who plays QB is fine as long as his name is not Chad Henne is what you are saying... No need to upgrade the position, just [BAD WORD REMOVED] can Henne and fill the hole with any QB you can find no matter if he's an upgrade or not... :yucky:

Quote:so any person who plays QB is fine as long as his name is not Chad Henne is what you are saying... No need to upgrade the position, just [BAD WORD REMOVED] can Henne and fill the hole with any QB you can find no matter if he's an upgrade or not... :yucky:

If Henne wants to take a 3 million dollar haircut then I could understand keeping him around if he makes Caldwell and Gus have that warm fuzzy feeling you guys seem to like so much.

As for me, I'd rather see the Jaguars get rid of overpaid dead weight like Marcedes and Chad and spend that money on impact free agents.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2015, 12:38 PM by wrong_box.)

Quote:If Henne wants to take a 3 million dollar haircut then I could understand keeping him around if he makes Caldwell and Gus have that warm fuzzy feeling you guys seem to like so much.

As for me, I'd rather see the Jaguars get rid of overpaid dead weight like Marcedes and Chad and spend that money on impact free agents.
So again I say, any QB is fine for us as long as his name isn't Henne (is what you are saying)...I'm NOT a Henne fan by any means, but I believe before you shove him out the door you should have an UPGRADE to him rather than get rid of him just to be rid of him...He's not the answer at backup qb but neither is just anyone who is not him...I always want to see the positions upgraded when a player is cut, not a sideways move, or a downgrade...If you are going to cut a player, replace him with someone better and so far no one other than ChiefJag has offered any names of available replacements...Everyone wants him gone and no one gives a [BAD WORD REMOVED] who he is replaced by but if Bortles went down, everyone would be mad if Henne was kicked to the curb and replaced by someone who is worse...

What's Matt Moore doing? If we're taking trashy Dolphins QB's we might as well get the one suited to being a backup.

Is he signed for next year? 

If they ask why I act this way..just tell'em I'm from..

[Image: below-model-jax-2013.jpg]

DUUUUUUUVVVVAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL

Quote:What's Matt Moore doing? If we're taking trashy Dolphins QB's we might as well get the one suited to being a backup.

Is he signed for next year? 
according to oaklahomie it doesn't matter WHO it is, as long as his name isn't Chad Henne...I'm all for getting rid of Henne, but not until an upgrade is available...Would Matt Moore be an upgrade to Chad Henne? If so sign him!

Quote:according to oaklahomie it doesn't matter WHO it is, as long as his name isn't Chad Henne...I'm all for getting rid of Henne, but not until an upgrade is available...Would Matt Moore be an upgrade to Chad Henne? If so sign him!

I mean his gif game isn't as impressive

[Image: hennelol2_medium.gif]

If they ask why I act this way..just tell'em I'm from..

[Image: below-model-jax-2013.jpg]

DUUUUUUUVVVVAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL

Quote:So again I say, any QB is fine for us as long as his name isn't Henne (is what you are saying)

Just stop.

You're obviously not even reading my posts and just trolling.

Quote:Just stop.

You're obviously not even reading my posts and just trolling.
you have failed to say much of anything other than get rid of henne...and anyone available should be hired in his place...that's pretty much all you have maintained throught all your posts without bothering to think about what happens if suddenly the backup was the starter...you don't care if the backup is better than Henne or not, as long as Chad Henne isn't the backup you will be happy, even if he is worse than Henne

Quote:troll troll troll

strawman strawman strawman

troll troll troll

FTFY

Quote:Well at this point I'd rather test Ryan Mallet or Mark Sanchez. Both would be better than Henne at half the price.

We're talking about a backup anyway.

Regards.....................the Chiefjag
If this is true, then I have to go along with you Chief...

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...