Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Don't Look Now But.........

Quote:It's not like this really matters, they're NOT going to win many more games, I'd be surprised if we did win 1 or 2 more. If they some how improve and win 4-5 more I'll be thrilled, that would just mean we found some guys to build around.

Again, I will be THRILLED if we win games against teams that aren't playing like garbage.    If we win some hard fought games against teams that are obviously out there playing well enough to win... or if we win some games easily against teams that aren't playing that well instead of by two points.  

Tennessee's game however doesn't give me hope, just like the Broncos' game didn't give me hope.  Hope for me will come when we beat a team in a manner that people don't say "I can't believe they lost!"  especially when they had 4 turnovers. 

Hope is the effort of the individual players that we see out there, regardless of whether or not we win.  Even if we had lost this game Sunday, Will Blackmon would give me hope more than the win did.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If the Titans had actually come to play, and were playing hard, I'd agree with that.  But they didn't.  They played like garbage, and we still barely won.  When a team plays like that and it's a tough fought win it's not a sign of hope for the future.  It's a sign of hope that we have the talent to win when we beat a team who's playing their best.  
so youre not crediting the play of our defense at all? our coachs gameplanning against the titans offense? nothing, its all because the titans didnt show up? wow some fan.

Quote:I hear ya....

The Jags beat a terrible Titans team, and all of a sudden its enough to make these people start going crazy around here....
Dude, we're gonna go 8-8 and win the division and win the superbowl son. That's how we roll.

Henne is leading us to the promised land.

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Quote:smh.....lol.....
still waiting for those credentials  :whistling:

Quote:Again, I will be THRILLED if we win games against teams that aren't playing like garbage.    If we win some hard fought games against teams that are obviously out there playing well enough to win... or if we win some games easily against teams that aren't playing that well instead of by two points.  

Tennessee's game however doesn't give me hope, just like the Broncos' game didn't give me hope.  Hope for me will come when we beat a team in a manner that people don't say "I can't believe they lost!"  especially when they had 4 turnovers. 

Hope is the effort of the individual players that we see out there, regardless of whether or not we win.  Even if we had lost this game Sunday, Will Blackmon would give me hope more than the win did.  

I see your point about how we win being important, I'll even concede I'd be fine with losing if it was just a matter of us being out matched. I just want to see marked improvement in the 2nd half.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Dude, we're gonna go 8-8 and win the division and win the superbowl son. That's how we roll.

Henne is leading us to the promised land.

No one believes Henne is the answer, no has even suggested that. Some people believe it's possible to build a winning team even if we don't end up with Bridgewater.

Quote:What does JaguarsWoman look like?

Vince Wilfork
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:I did, with 2 links. If you're too stupid to not understand deductive reasoning, then thats your problem. 
As usual, make up statements and present them as fact.

Sorry for derailing the thread to everyone else.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

If we by some stroke of luck won out and got into the playoffs I wouldn't even be mad. 

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2013, 06:40 PM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

Quote:so youre not crediting the play of our defense at all? our coachs gameplanning against the titans offense? nothing, its all because the titans didnt show up? wow some fan.

You like to put words in people's mouths and misconstrue things as much as possible.  I'd argue you're the one not crediting the play of the defense, because even if we had lost, the defense would have played well.  The win did not give me hope.  The individual efforts of the defensive players did.  

Quote:I see your point about how we win being important, I'll even concede I'd be fine with losing if it was just a matter of us being out matched. I just want to see marked improvement in the 2nd half.

To demonstrate what I'm saying.... rank these three scenarios:

A. Jaguars are 1-14.  They play the Colts in week 17.  A win means the pick 2nd.  A loss means they pick 1st.  The colts rest all of their starters, and don't even try to win.  The Jaguars end up winning.

B. Jaguars are 1-14.  They play the Colts in week 17.  A win means the pick 2nd.  A loss means they pick 1st.  The Colts play their hardest, Andrew Luck plays the entire time.  The Jaguars end up winning.

C. Jaguars are 1-14.  They play the Colts in week 17.  A win means the pick 2nd.  A loss means they pick 1st.  The Colts play their hardest, Andrew Luck plays the entire time.  The Jaguars end up losing. 

I would pick B > C > A

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:You like to put words in people's mouths and misconstrue things as much as possible.  I'd argue you're the one not crediting the play of the defense, because even if we had lost, the defense would have played well.  The win did not give me hope.  The individual efforts of the defensive players did.  

A. Jaguars are 1-14.  They play the Colts in week 17.  A win means the pick 2nd.  A loss means they pick 1st.  The colts rest all of their starters, and don't even try to win.  The Jaguars end up winning.

B. Jaguars are 1-14.  They play the Colts in week 17.  A win means the pick 2nd.  A loss means they pick 1st.  The Colts play their hardest, Andrew Luck plays the entire time.  The Jaguars end up winning.

C. Jaguars are 1-14.  They play the Colts in week 17.  A win means the pick 2nd.  A loss means they pick 1st.  The Colts play their hardest, Andrew Luck plays the entire time.  The Jaguars end up losing. 

I would pick B > C > A

at 1-14 things are different then at 1-8, if they haven't won a game between now and when we play the colts I'll be all in the avoid the meaningless win camp, but right now today, I want to see wins if possible. For the record I don't think they are capable of winning

Quote:You like to put words in people's mouths and misconstrue things as much as possible.  I'd argue you're the one not crediting the play of the defense, because even if we had lost, the defense would have played well.  The win did not give me hope.  The individual efforts of the defensive players did.  

Here's a scenario for ya: Just substitute "Jags" for "Colts" and the prize of the draft is Andrew Luck being the most likely #1 pick. Do the Jags lay down so Indy doesn't get Luck? Does Indy lay down so that they get Luck? I'm not saying teams lay down (although I have wondered with the "suck for Luck" campaign), but I know first hand from Indy fans (and I talked to a lot of them before that game) that they were all PRAYING for a loss before that game. So what was the result.....they reloaded instead of rebuilt. They will be contenders now for the next 10 years or so......and they are in our division.

I would pick B > C > A

I would pick B > C > A

Sorry for the blank....don't know what happened. I'll try again. Here's a scenario for you: just substitute "Jags" for "Colts" and visa versa. If the Colts lay down, they get Andrew Luck. If the Jags lay down, they don't have to face him the next 10 years or so. Now I'm not saying a team would actually lay down so to speak (but I have often wondered in this case), but I know as a fact that Indy fans (and I talked to a lot of them at the restaurant that I work at near the stadium) were PRAYING to lose to us. I saw them after the game. They were overjoyed. I couldn't blame them. They lost......but they won......big time. Now is Bridgewater an Andrew Luck? Will Manziel be the new, modern version of Fran Tarkenton? Your guess is as good as mine. But I could damnwell guarantee ya, we'd be light years better than we are now with what we have.

Somewhat off the current topic... but, The one thing I've noticed that we've consistently done for the past two years, is once the second half rolls around, we tend to look like a completely different team and in the fact that we basically shut down as a team and people either steamroll us further or comeback for the win. That if it changes by the end of the season is what I personally will be happy to see.

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

Aren't we in position for the first pick since Tampa won anyways?

What are the mongoloids complaining about again?

There's really never been a more moot point discussed on this board. Coach Bradley, his staff and this football team will be trying to win every single game left on the schedule. And, personally, I have too much self respect to root for my team to lose, but maybe that is just me.

Quote:.........it's bad SELECTIONS not POSITIONS that make teams good or bad.

THIS/\/\/\

I just want a strong quarterback to build a team around......not a media hyped guy that has "all the tools" but not the head for the game.

Remember lame gabber was media hyped...that went well huh?

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:There's really never been a more moot point discussed on this board. Coach Bradley, his staff and this football team will be trying to win every single game left on the schedule. And, personally, I have too much self respect to root for my team to lose, but maybe that is just me.

I will be at the stadium Sunday and I hope they win. I have never watched a game and hope we lose.

I still think we don't win another game. 

Quote:I still think we don't win another game. 

I don't think we win another one either, the division games are about the only chance I see. Simply because the AFC South is falling apart as we speak, I'd call it the worse division in the NFL again.