Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rapoport reports Bradley will Not be fired midseason

Quote:while this is true, people keep saying Khan will fire Gus...Dave Caldwell hired him, Dave Caldwell will fire him and hire the new coach

NO idea why this double copied

Should the team lose ugly tonight, and Dave gets a tap on the shoulder from the owner saying it's time to move on, he'll do as he's told.  Ultimately, any decision Caldwell makes from firing to hiring is going to have to go through the guy with the checkbook.  

There's a glitch in the software that causes that to happen on occasion.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Should the team lose ugly tonight, and Dave gets a tap on the shoulder from the owner saying it's time to move on, he'll do as he's told.  Ultimately, any decision Caldwell makes from firing to hiring is going to have to go through the guy with the checkbook.  

There's a glitch in the software that causes that to happen on occasion.
I'm sure the two have talked about it and already have reached a decision as to when it's time...For all we know the money man may have said you know how I feel about firing a coach in season but this is your baby...This is all on you...Or he could have said I've had enough, the fans have had enough and I'd like you to go ahead and take care of this as soon as reasonably possible at a time that will cause the least disruption... 

I'm still finding it hard to wrap my head around just how bad Bradley has been. His record of being the worst head coach in the history of football won't be broken for years and years.

[Image: 23wmt0x.png]

Quote:They gave him a one year extension that amounts to peanuts for a guy like Shad Khan.  All that extension was intended to do was to give some level of confidence to potential free agents who might come here that there was stability with the coaching staff.  A lame duck coach is not going to appeal to players looking for a new home.  

You do understand that Doug Marrone was hired by Tony Khan, and not by Gus or Dave, right?  That hire wasn't made because the team needed an offensive line coach.  He's an insurance policy in the event they need to make a move mid-season.  When that hire was official, I'm told Gus wasn't terribly happy about it.  He knew what the message was that the team was sending.  

FYI, when Mularkey was hired, he signed a 3 year contract with the Jaguars.  Khan didn't have any problem letting Caldwell fire him after year 1. 

I did not know any of that except the extension is for just one year.

Mularkey's firing was totally different. Teams regularly fire the HC and GM in the same offseason.

Quote:I'm still finding it hard to wrap my head around just how bad Bradley has been. His record of being the worst head coach in the history of football won't be broken for years and years.

h[Image: 23wmt0x.png]
neither will the low talent level he had to work with at the beginning

Quote:I'm sure the two have talked about it and already have reached a decision as to when it's time...For all we know the money man may have said you know how I feel about firing a coach in season but this is your baby...This is all on you...Or he could have said I've had enough, the fans have had enough and I'd like you to go ahead and take care of this as soon as reasonably possible at a time that will cause the least disruption... 

The fact that Gus Bradley has not been fired yet disproves your latter statement. Either Shad Khan decided to keep him or has not made a decision yet.

Quote:The fact that Gus Bradley has not been fired yet disproves your latter statement. Either Shad Khan decided to keep him or has not made a decision yet.
Yes, it's completely impossible to think that Khan may have a number in his head for how many wins it would take for Gus to keep his job, and even less plausible that he might communicate that to the GM of the team.  Completely disproved.  

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:neither will the low talent level he had to work with at the beginning

That excuse doesn't work anymore. And the team looks worse than it did last season and the season before and the season before. As talent has been added.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:The fact that Gus Bradley has not been fired yet disproves your latter statement. Either Shad Khan decided to keep him or has not made a decision yet.
WRONG! I said " take care of this as soon as reasonably possible at a time that will cause the least disruption... " on a week where they played sunday and then thursday night and again on sunday,  would be a poor time for the interim to step in...

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2016, 06:46 PM by wrong_box.)

Quote:That excuse doesn't work anymore. And the team looks worse than it did last season and the season before and the season before. As talent has been added.
I said at the beginning...the talent level he had when he started and then it even got cut all to hell by Caldwell

Quote:WRONG! I said " take care of this as soon as reasonably possible at a time that will cause the least disruption... " on a week where they played sunday and then thursday night and again on sunday,  would be a poor time for the interim to step in...

The reasonable time obviously would have been the bye week.

Quote:neither will the low talent level he had to work with at the beginning

Happens more often than you think. Plus , its clear Bradley is a god awful HC even with a talented roster.

Quote:The reasonable time obviously would have been the bye week.
not if the decision had not been made then

Quote:Happens more often than you think. Plus , its clear Bradley is a god awful HC even with a talented roster.
not as bad as the jags were...all teams get depleted from time to time but never as bad as Gene made, and shak before him didnt help a lot either 

Quote:I said at the beginning...the talent level he had when he started and then it even got cut all to hell by Caldwell

There's no doubt Gene Smith left the cupboard bare. Still feel this year's team is one of the most talented we have had in the last 10 seasons. Which amplifies the disappointment.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:not if the decision had not been made then

I was basing it on the statement that this is the wrong time because we have to play three games in eight days.

Quote:There's no doubt Gene Smith left the cupboard bare. Still feel this year's team is one of the most talented we have had in the last 10 seasons. Which amplifies the disappointment.
true but I was commenting on something that someone said wont happen again for a very long time not current conditions

Quote:There's no doubt Gene Smith left the cupboard bare. Still feel this year's team is one of the most talented we have had in the last 10 seasons. Which amplifies the disappointment.

It is the most talented team in nearly 10 years, not quite that long. I always said wait until we have a talented roster to judge Gus Bradley's ability to be a good head coach. Now it has happened and I am on the "fire Bradley" bandwagon.

Quote:I was basing it on the statement that this is the wrong time because we have to play three games in eight days.
which makes my statement possibly correct as now would not be a good time to get rid of gus IF the decision was already made

Quote:not as bad as the jags were...all teams get depleted from time to time but never as bad as Gene made, and shak before him didnt help a lot either

Yeah that was one horrendous roster. Winning 4 games that year was probably the highlight of Bradleys HC career. Lucky for him the Texans and Browns happened to be just as bad.