Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The CUT THREAD

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2018, 05:20 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(09-04-2018, 04:50 PM)Predator Wrote:
(09-03-2018, 11:29 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That's the point. Good QB's are consistent. That's what drives me nuts about Blake, is the lack of consistency. If Lee didn't show consistency, he lacks the traits I look for. 

Of course this is an opinion. It's a fan message board. Everything written on here is someone's opinion. That's why it's a message board. Without opinions, there would be no board.

It was also against the lowest competition. He was playing against guys who are now probably working various drive up windows at McDonald's. That seems to be totally overlooked by some people.

He was also playing with guys that will be working McDonalds which you seem to totally overlook.

Give it up dude. You already admitted you spent the second half watching college football. You will never convince anybody that you have a clue as to what you are talking about.

You really are only making yourself look like a bigger fool at this point.

Just because you're not capable of watching 2 games at once doesn't mean I can't. In fact, it's not much of a skill. Almost 99.9% of the population can do it. Apparently, you're in the minority. I know many people who watch multiple games at one time.

(09-04-2018, 04:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-03-2018, 11:29 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That's the point. Good QB's are consistent. That's what drives me nuts about Blake, is the lack of consistency. If Lee didn't show consistency, he lacks the traits I look for. 

Of course this is an opinion. It's a fan message board. Everything written on here is someone's opinion. That's why it's a message board. Without opinions, there would be no board.

He was very consistent within that half of football. He wasn't consistent from preseason game to preseason game but showed dramatic improvement.  

And just to be clear, your opinion that rookie NFL quarterbacks cannot improve in their ability to read defenses and throw accurately is complete [BLEEP] nonsense.

Being consistent doesn't just mean in one game. It means for several games at a time. Going back from his last few college games to the Senior Bowl to his preseason appearances, I saw no consistency. 

Again, everything said on this board is someone's opinion. What you say, about my opinion on rookie QB's not being able to improve their ability to read defenses is an opinion. It's only nonsense, in your opinion.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-04-2018, 05:16 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-04-2018, 04:50 PM)Predator Wrote: He was also playing with guys that will be working McDonalds which you seem to totally overlook.

Give it up dude. You already admitted you spent the second half watching college football. You will never convince anybody that you have a clue as to what you are talking about.

You really are only making yourself look like a bigger fool at this point.

Just because you're not capable of watching 2 games at once doesn't mean I can't. In fact, it's not much of a skill. Almost 99.9% of the population can do it. Apparently, you're in the minority. I know many people who watch multiple games at one time.

Obviously you can't watch two games at once. If you could you wouldn't be sounding like a moron right now. LOL!

(09-04-2018, 05:22 PM)Predator Wrote:
(09-04-2018, 05:16 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Just because you're not capable of watching 2 games at once doesn't mean I can't. In fact, it's not much of a skill. Almost 99.9% of the population can do it. Apparently, you're in the minority. I know many people who watch multiple games at one time.

Obviously you can't watch two games at once. If you could you wouldn't be sounding like a moron right now. LOL!

Somebody is getting very defensive. Did I hit a nerve? Multi-tasking must be something you struggle at. Sounds like a personal problem.  Laughing

(09-04-2018, 04:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: He was very consistent within that half of football. He wasn't consistent from preseason game to preseason game but showed dramatic improvement.  

And just to be clear, your opinion that rookie NFL quarterbacks cannot improve in their ability to read defenses and throw accurately is complete [BLEEP] nonsense.

Being consistent doesn't just mean in one game. It means for several games at a time. Going back from his last few college games to the Senior Bowl to his preseason appearances, I saw no consistency. 

Again, everything said on this board is someone's opinion. What you say, about my opinion on rookie QB's not being able to improve their ability to read defenses is an opinion. It's only nonsense, in your opinion.

Many NFL quarterbacks over the years have shown marked increases in completion percentage and drops in INT rate entering their third, fourth or even fifth years in the league. Are these stats not indicators of improvement in the areas you've described as un-improveable? 

What do you think about Alex Smith's career arc?  Did he always just "have it" in your opinion?

(09-04-2018, 05:25 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-04-2018, 05:22 PM)Predator Wrote: Obviously you can't watch two games at once. If you could you wouldn't be sounding like a moron right now. LOL!

Somebody is getting very defensive. Did I hit a nerve? Multi-tasking must be something you struggle at. Sounds like a personal problem.  Laughing

Defensive? I'm just laughing at you. LOL!

Yes players can improve over time, obviously. That said, one good half does not in any way prove that he has "shown dramatic improvement". It could, and more likely than not does, mean nothing.

(09-04-2018, 06:35 PM)Upper Wrote: Yes players can improve over time, obviously. That said, one good half does not in any way prove that he has "shown dramatic improvement". It could, and more likely than not does, mean nothing.

He showed that he was capable of playing well. Considering we didn't see that all through training camp and the earlier games, I'd call that "dramatic improvement." When you divide by zero you can get a dramatically large number.

And by showing that capability, that opens up the possibility that he can play at that level most (or even all) of the time. Consistency is the big elephant in the room, and the odds are poor that Lee will develop into an NFL starter. But there are no super duper QB prospects out there waiting for a PS slot so why not see what develops with Lee?

Also, Lee knows the Jags offense and can provide practice throws for the receivers. The PS is not just for developing young players, it also serves as 10 additional bodies during the in-season practices.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(09-04-2018, 06:57 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(09-04-2018, 06:35 PM)Upper Wrote: Yes players can improve over time, obviously. That said, one good half does not in any way prove that he has "shown dramatic improvement". It could, and more likely than not does, mean nothing.

He showed that he was capable of playing well. Considering we didn't see that all through training camp and the earlier games, I'd call that "dramatic improvement." When you divide by zero you can get a dramatically large number.

And by showing that capability, that opens up the possibility that he can play at that level most (or even all) of the time. Consistency is the big elephant in the room, and the odds are poor that Lee will develop into an NFL starter. But there are no super duper QB prospects out there waiting for a PS slot so why not see what develops with Lee?

Also, Lee knows the Jags offense and can provide practice throws for the receivers. The PS is not just for developing young players, it also serves as 10 additional bodies during the in-season practices.

Meh, every awful QB has had good halves. Heck, Blaine Gabbert had actual good entire games. Plural. What Lee did means literally nothing yet.

(09-04-2018, 05:30 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Many NFL quarterbacks over the years have shown marked increases in completion percentage and drops in INT rate entering their third, fourth or even fifth years in the league. Are these stats not indicators of improvement in the areas you've described as un-improveable? 

What do you think about Alex Smith's career arc?  Did he always just "have it" in your opinion?

I was an Alex Smith fan was he was coming out of Utah. I always expected him to have a good, solid NFL career when he caught on with a coach that actually knew how to use him. He had athleticism and arm talent as well as a good feel for the position. I never saw him as elite, but what he has accomplished in the NFL was pretty much what I expected him to do. He would have fared way better, early in his pro career, had he not had to learn 3 different offensive systems in 3 years. That definitely stalled his success. The Niners were just a bad fit for him. At the time, the franchise was in complete disarray. There was no stability at all and Mike Nolan had no clue what he was doing.

(09-04-2018, 05:40 PM)Predator Wrote:
(09-04-2018, 05:25 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Somebody is getting very defensive. Did I hit a nerve? Multi-tasking must be something you struggle at. Sounds like a personal problem.  Laughing

Defensive? I'm just laughing at you. LOL!

I've been laughing  at your posts for quite some time. You seem quick to throw out words like "ignorant", "fool", "moron" and many others, which leads me to believe you're somewhere in your teens. Young guys who can't get their points across using solid evidence or examples are always the first to resort to insults. It's quite entertaining. Keep posting. I need the laughs.

Since I used the phrase you're quoting, let's go ahead and include the proper context.
This is what was said:

He wasn't consistent from preseason game to preseason game but showed dramatic improvement. 

He showed dramatic improvement from week one to week four of his rookie preseason. No one is implying the kid has arrived. The difference between what he did in week one and week four was indeed "dramatic improvement."  He looked like a different quarterback. It doesn't mean nor even imply that the kid has overcome all of his deficiencies.

(09-04-2018, 07:12 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-04-2018, 05:40 PM)Predator Wrote: Defensive? I'm just laughing at you. LOL!

I've been laughing  at your posts for quite some time. You seem quick to throw out words like "ignorant", "fool", "moron" and many others, which leads me to believe you're somewhere in your teens. Young guys who can't get their points across using solid evidence or examples are always the first to resort to insults. It's quite entertaining. Keep posting. I need the laughs.

You don't have to be a teenager to recognize when the shoe fits.

(09-05-2018, 07:03 AM)Predator Wrote:
(09-04-2018, 07:12 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I've been laughing  at your posts for quite some time. You seem quick to throw out words like "ignorant", "fool", "moron" and many others, which leads me to believe you're somewhere in your teens. Young guys who can't get their points across using solid evidence or examples are always the first to resort to insults. It's quite entertaining. Keep posting. I need the laughs.

You don't have to be a teenager to recognize when the shoe fits.

[Image: 1k6osk.jpg]

(09-04-2018, 07:02 PM)Upper Wrote:
(09-04-2018, 06:57 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: He showed that he was capable of playing well. Considering we didn't see that all through training camp and the earlier games, I'd call that "dramatic improvement." When you divide by zero you can get a dramatically large number.

Meh, every awful QB has had good halves. Heck, Blaine Gabbert had actual good entire games. Plural. What Lee did means literally nothing yet.

Lee doesn't curl up into a fetal ball every time the pass rush looks scary. That's something that can't be coached.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"