Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Serious Question: Is Gus Bradley the worst head coach you've ever seen?

Quote:Question for those who think Gus is "worst coach evur"...

Do you think he'd get a HC job elsewhere if fired this season?

Because I remember hearing the same garbage about JDR and Mularkey, and both are currently employed HCs at the NFL level.

Yes, the NFL does recycle coaches. That's not likely to ever change.

But if "Badley" is so bad, does he break the cycle and never get another chance? Stuck in DC purgatory?

Gus hasnt even shown he is able to win. There is no way a sane owner/gm would go for Gus.

Look at the talent he has...no change.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:bahahaha. Belichick has implemented one of the GREATEST systems in history of the NFL. He can plug in scrubs on OTHER teams like Wes Welker, Dion Lewis, Julian Edelman, others and they become VERY productive. Brady got hurt for the entire season and Belichick even got Matt Cassel to (10-6)!!!

Can you see your boy Gus Bradley getting Chad Henne to 10-6?

Edelman was drafted by the Pats and Weller has been very good everywhere he's went.

Quote:Edelman was drafted by the Pats and Weller has been very good everywhere he's went.

No he wasn't. Welker was a special teams player ONLY until Belichick made him. 

Quote:No he wasn't. Welker was a special teams player ONLY until Belichick made him. 

Hmmm, a 'special teams player ONLY' with 67 receptions his second year in Miami.  So Belichick coached in Miami?

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2016, 10:17 AM by Bon Jagley.)

Quote:Kinda off topic but I was about to say Del Rio's teams would crush the current jags with Gus.

But then I remembered that would be the exact type of game those mid-2000s teams would lose.

Yep. Del Rio did a great job of getting his team up to win games against good teams, especially on the road. They gave Indy fits. I remember them winning multiple games at Heinz Field and Mile High. And then come home and lose to a mediocre Texans team.

;

;

Quote:Yep. Del Rio did a great job of getting his team up to win games against good teams, especially on the road. They gave Indy fits. I remember them winning multiple games at Heinz Field and Mile High. And then come home and lose to a mediocre Texans team.

My first live game was the 21-0 shellacking at the hands of a mediocre Texans team with a playoff spot on the line. This was one week after a December win @ lambeau field. After that I stopped trying to guess which jags team would show up any given week during the del rio era.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:My first live game was the 21-0 shellacking at the hands of a mediocre Texans team with a playoff spot on the line. This was one week after a December win @ lambeau field. After that I stopped trying to guess which jags team would show up any given week during the del rio era.

I was at that game too. It was cold and rainy also. One of the three or four worst games I have seen in person.

;

;

I wouldn't mind dropping my kids off with him on a parents night out, but his football coaching skills are lacking.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:My first live game was the 21-0 shellacking at the hands of a mediocre Texans team with a playoff spot on the line. This was one week after a December win @ lambeau field. After that I stopped trying to guess which jags team would show up any given week during the del rio era.

It was Boxing Day, 2004. I flew in for that thriller. The absolute worst. We were hoping to secure a berth, and then wham, Domanick Davies just couldn't be stopped. It was a slow painful death on the ground.

Fred couldn't go as he suffered a sprain during a big day in Lambeau the previous week. It was up to Fu, Toe and Greg FB Jones. Freaking Carr threw multiple picks and was his typical self, atrocious. Yet still we got blanked. I remember that day like last night. Was having a good morning right now. Why did you have to go and pick on my scab ;(
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:I was at that game too. It was cold and rainy also. One of the three or four worst games I have seen in person.

We had relatives in from out of town. I'd been talking up the Jaguars the whole week. Got them tickets.

That was the flatest, most depressing game I can recall seeing (and I'm a STH from Day 1). 

You just never know what you're going to get when humans are involved. Regardless of who the head coach is.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Byron got concussed that game on like the first series and played like half the game. Of course, we didn't know it until after the game, but I knew something was off when he sailed a short pass 10 feet above Kyle Brady's head lol.

Terrible as the game was, it was my first time seeing the Jags in person and I will remember it forever.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Oh my, I remember that too. It's one of those games that we just won't forget. Garrard replaced Lefty and was just as miserable. I think they threw for like 50 yards combined. Yikes.

Luckily, I was spending the Xmas week in da Ville and a lot of my mates from undergrad still lived in town, unlike now. There was a huge party in San Marco that night, unrelated to the earlier debacle...
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:You googled that. I bet you weren't even alive when Coughlin was the Jags HC. Sit down shonen.

Putz. Not alive? Had tix since 95. You noobs should keep yap shut when talking out your piss. It leaves a bad taste in your mouth
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Oh my, I remember that too. It's one of those games that we just won't forget. Garrard replaced Lefty and was just as miserable. I think they threw for like 50 yards combined. Yikes.

Luckily, I was spending the Xmas week in da Ville and a lot of my mates from undergrad still lived in town, unlike now. There was a huge party in San Marco that night, unrelated to the earlier debacle...

And Domanick Davis ran all over what was a pretty good defense. 

That game was emblematic of JDR's tenure here.

;

;

12 - 36 (.250) Regular Season Record - Enough said. Tired of losing. We need a coach who is strong leader and a winner.

Quote:12 - 36 (.250) Regular Season Record - Enough said. Tired of losing. We need a coach who is strong leader and a winner.

lol ... and whom might that be? Someone recently fired no doubt. Or in a nursing home?

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:This would be a good topic for the NFL Large section regarding the worst coaches from the other 31 current teams.

While I understand and respect your football frustration, there's no way I would put Gus Bradley at top of the list of NFL Worst Coaches of all-time.

Any Lion fan knows Gus isn't in the top 20... Names like Monty, Darryl, and Bobby in the lions run put it into perspective.

Bobby just for running Barry out of the league

If one were to make a new sausage in Gus' honor, Guswurst, what would be the ingredients?

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:If one were to make a new sausage in Gus' honor, Guswurst, what would be the ingredients?

You start by picking up ingredients off the street. It tastes awful. Each year you add some quality ingredients and get rid of some of the starting ingredients. After four years with lots of new ingredients and very few of the original ingredients it still tastes awful.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:With the exact same roster I'm sure.

Pretty sure those improvements came on the cusp of getting a real starter at QB.

Both on teams pretty well stacked at D already.

Coaching matters, never said it didn't. I just don't sign on to the idea that coaching matters enough to drastically change a record.

The players on the field matter most.

Coaches failing to call time outs, misplaced challenges, bad lineup changes (Gus screwed up benching House for Gratz, imo and had some poor challenges over the years, I agree with that)

He is responsibile for coaches, so Fisch and Babich, all on him.

I even called him out for allowing his DC last season to be SO predictable that BoB dissected us all over in that last game.

BUT... I've never believed the Pats are good because of Belicheat. Or the squeelers because of Tomlin (or Cowher). Players>Plays

But it is all part of the equation. And if Gus isn't getting done, he'll be gone sooner or later. 

But bringing in some other guy guarantees nothing. Especially not 4 more wins.

Sorry.

"Belicheat" got a win on the road against a strong playoff team from last year. He did it without Brady, without Gronkowski, without Ninkovich, without Solder, without Cooper.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"