Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags interview Jim Schwartz

DC and Philly local media is worse than Bleacher Report so keep that in mind.

Philly is reportedly interested in literally every big name free agent that comes out.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Speaking of national reporters:

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet  13s13 seconds ago
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Defensive coordinator candidate Jim Schwartz is in Philly as we speak. He's already interviewed with #Jaguars, could be #Eagles guy.

</div>

From the standpoint of the Eagles using the ' Wide 9'  Defensive Scheme previously when Doug Pederson was there  ( Jim Washburn was their D-Line Coach back then ),   it's not surprising on this end that Pederson has serious interest in bringing Jim Schwartz to Philadelphia.   With Schwartz growing up in relatively nearby Baltimore,   the Eagles job might have appeal to him from that standpoint as well.   

Having said all of this,  after Gus Bradley met with Jim Schwartz,   the question that comes to mind that none of us probably can answer is are the two on the same page?  If yes,  then what would it take to convince Schwartz to come to Jax instead of Philadelphia?

Someone explain to me why this is something to get excited about.

If you peel back the layers and look at the record, well... it's kinda meh.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote: From the standpoint of the Eagles using the ' Wide 9'  Defensive Scheme previously when Doug Pederson was there  ( Jim Washburn was their D-Line Coach back then ),   it's not surprising on this end that Pederson has serious interest in bringing Jim Schwartz to Philadelphia.   With Schwartz growing up in relatively nearby Baltimore,   the Eagles job might have appeal to him from that standpoint as well.   

Having said all of this,  after Gus Bradley met with Jim Schwartz,   the question that comes to mind that none of us probably can answer is are the two on the same page?  If yes,  then what would it take to convince Schwartz to come to Jax instead of Philadelphia?

That's the question I have.  Can there be harmony in mixing wide 9 with LarryCurlyMoe?

If Gus is willing to compromise on scheme, I'm willing to be open.

Quote: From the standpoint of the Eagles using the ' Wide 9' Defensive Scheme previously when Doug Pederson was there ( Jim Washburn was their D-Line Coach back then ), it's not surprising on this end that Pederson has serious interest in bringing Jim Schwartz to Philadelphia. With Schwartz growing up in relatively nearby Baltimore, the Eagles job might have appeal to him from that standpoint as well.

Having said all of this, after Gus Bradley met with Jim Schwartz, the question that comes to mind that none of us probably can answer is are the two on the same page? If yes, then what would it take to convince Schwartz to come to Jax instead of Philadelphia?

I think in terms of job security Eagles has the advantage also.

Quote:Someone explain to me why this is something to get excited about.

If you peel back the layers and look at the record, well... it's kinda meh.

It really boils down to this clip and the mileage one can get off of jokes involving his last name.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/aVz1kBnIDd0[/youtube]

Quote:It really boils down to this clip and the mileage one can get off of jokes involving his last name.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/aVz1kBnIDd0[/youtube]

That's probably the #1 reason on my list.

May the Schwartz we with you.  Always.

Quote:That's the question I have.  Can there be harmony in mixing wide 9 with LarryCurlyMoe?

If Gus is willing to compromise on scheme, I'm willing to be open.

My guess is both parties probably will have to make significant compromises for the working relationship to possibly become a reality.    Because Jim Schwartz'  services seem to be in demand elsewhere,   he has leverage.

Quote:Just like your post bud.

Just like yours, bud.
<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

Quote:I think in terms of job security Eagles has the advantage also.

No question.

On the other side of the coin,   Jim Schwartz has a better chance of becoming the Head Coach of the Jaguars than he does the Eagles.    There's absolutely no question in my mind that Schwartz wants to be an NFL HC again and use the opportunity to try to correct some of his previous mistakes as a HC.

Quote:  My guess is both parties probably will have to make significant compromises for the working relationship to possibly become a reality.    Because Jim Schwartz'  services seem to be in demand elsewhere,   he has leverage.

No doubt taking a year off, yet remaining involved has put him in a nice position.

Quote:No doubt taking a year off, yet remaining involved has put him in a nice position.

Absolutely.

Even if Jim Schwartz took another year off,  if he's invested his money well,   he should be in very good financial shape.  Even with the offset salary received from the Bills for his work as their DC in the 2014 season,   in total in 2014 and 2015,  Schwartz received $ 12 million as a result of the remaining two years of his contract with the Lions.   

Don't know why so many are surprised. Hardly any big names ever come to Jacksonville they're other options out there.

DeMarco Murray picked Philly over Jacksonville and had a pretty terrible time last year. I would rather be in Jax than Philly if I was a player/coach.

Quote:Just like yours, bud.

Another person on this board that is just a complete waste of time...sigh...

Anyway, with all the reports that are out, it truly seems like he will be signing in Philly. I wish I could actually see and hear what went on during the meetings so I could get a better picture of what actually went down. I think that would be a cool show on NFL network or something. Inside access to NFL teams offseason journeys. Sort of like hard knocks.

Oh well, on to the next!
Shock the world

Twitter starting to say he was just hired in Philly.

Gus, bring Rocky Seto in.

Quote:DeMarco Murray picked Philly over Jacksonville and had a pretty terrible time last year. I would rather be in Jax than Philly if I was a player/coach.

I'm not sure what's so cool about Philly also. I like the history behind the city and they are truly passionate about their teams and also a fairly large market, but the place is an absolute mess, it's cold, the fans turn on guys quick, etc.

Jacksonville just has to win and everything will be better. Cliche, I know, but it's the truth.
Shock the world

@caplannfl Jim Schwartz is expected to have his interview with the #Eagles tomorrow for the defensive coordinator position, source said.

Quote:@caplannfl Jim Schwartz is expected to have his interview with the #Eagles tomorrow for the defensive coordinator position, source said.

Man! What is going on lol
Shock the world

Quote:I'm not sure what's so cool about Philly also. I like the history behind the city and they are truly passionate about their teams and also a fairly large market, but the place is an absolute mess, it's cold, the fans turn on guys quick, etc.

Jacksonville just has to win and everything will be better. Cliche, I know, but it's the truth.

Philly reminds me of Denver.

Did you hear the Broncos fans booing their team after a 3 and out last night? Awful fanbase. If Jags had fans like that I'd quit being a fan.