Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
BREAKING: Four U.S. Marines, Police Officer Shot In Chattanooga, Tennessee Attacks

Quote:I get what you're saying, but you can't really believe there are not people in THIS country who mean to do us harm. These people that are doing stuff here live HERE. If they were so concerned about their country they would still be living there and fighting us there.

For the most part people come here to get away from their crappy countries which I take to mean they want nothing to do with it anymore (that would be me anyway). So why come here to kill people who are oppressing a country you no longer have ties to?

Exactly, a minuscule few should not condemn the entire group. In my opinion.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:That's one outlier...

And also, was talking specifically about the bias from serving in the middle east... bringing up the homegrown one changes the discussion, and could be seen as defection.

I'm just trying to clarify your justification here.

Serving in the middle east and working with people that continue to serve in the middle east most certainly biases my opinion.  I've made no comments to "hide" that fact.

Bringing up the "homegrown one" doesn't change anything.  I reacted in my initial posts in this thread based on what I know and have experienced.  I refuse to change that and consider some people of your ilk to be profoundly ignorant.  That's O.K. though, you can sleep well knowing that people like me work each and every day to ensure that you can do so.

That "one outlier" probably isn't so much, and if you think otherwise, then I would think that you are a very foolish man.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:I'm just trying to clarify your justification here.

Serving in the middle east and working with people that continue to serve in the middle east most certainly biases my opinion. I've made no comments to "hide" that fact.

Bringing up the "homegrown one" doesn't change anything. I reacted in my initial posts in this thread based on what I know and have experienced. I refuse to change that and consider some people of your ilk to be profoundly ignorant. That's O.K. though, you can sleep well knowing that people like me work each and every day to ensure that you can do so.

That "one outlier" probably isn't so much, and if you think otherwise, then I would think that you are a very foolish man.

To be fair people of his ilk are working hard to send taxes to fund the people of your ilk. The one is not better than the other and both are just as dependent on each other.

I tend to believe the hate for the west is genuine and will always be there hence why I advocate us not going there.

We could spend 1000 years in the Middle East and history tells you nothing will change in the Middle East only the empire trying to control them will see change.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:To be fair people of his ilk are working hard to send taxes to fund the people of your ilk. The one is not better than the other and both are just as dependent on each other.

I tend to believe the hate for the west is genuine and will always be there hence why I advocate us not going there.

We could spend 1000 years in the Middle East and history tells you nothing will change in the Middle East only the empire trying to control them will see change.
Yep on all 3 accounts.

Quote:To be fair people of his ilk are working hard to send taxes to fund the people of your ilk. The one is not better than the other and both are just as dependent on each other.

If you libertarians were just a bit more commie than anarchist you get another voter.

If Rand was more like his dad you'd probably get me this go around.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!