Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2nd Round Pick 36 TJ Yeldon

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/TonyKhan'>Tony Khan ‏@TonyKhan </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/594297890530586625' title="7:30 PM - 1 May 2015">56s57 seconds ago</a>

<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Our new RB TJ Yeldon had the highest elusive rating in the 2015 draft class vs. Power 5 Conference teams + a speed score of 105.5. Go Jags!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Watch and feel better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jsaJbJ5PKg

Like I said, he's fun to watch. To save you time, jump ahead to these runs that sum up his game...

:44 - nice spin move

1:50 - that "stop and go" ability

2:11 - dude's slippery

2:38 - sweet TD leap

3:47 - BEASTMODE impression

4:40 - taste of what he can do as an outlet receiver

'02

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Tony Khan ‏@TonyKhan  56s57 seconds ago

<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Our new RB TJ Yeldon had the highest elusive rating in the 2015 draft class vs. Power 5 Conference teams + a speed score of 105.5. Go Jags!

</div>

and what in the world does that mean exactly?

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:He got picked with the 4th pick in the 2nd round. How exactly did he get "lost"?
I meant in the media

I heard next to nothing about him in the draft process til tonight

Quote:FWIW, WalterFootball and Bleacher Report both liked the pick. And both are notorious Jaguars haters.

LT also liked the pick.
-Pre-Med student

-Future Physician, hoping to specialize in Emergency Medicine or Hematology

-Jags fan since May 24, 1996

Quote:and what in the world does that mean exactly?

That he's elusive?

Quote:This isn't college anymore.
Hmm I knw that. Yeldon is a very tough runner. Just wait and see. I bet some of y'all was low on MJD to just cause of his size. Just wait this is a good pick.

Quote:TJ did more in 3 years at ' Bama than Freddie T. did at Florida in 4.

Not hating on Freddie...he's my fav all time Jag, but that's the level of talent we just drafted.

Plus he's from the SEC......tired of seeing our best down south going other places.

Fred improved significantly from his Freshman year to his final year.

T.J.'s production went down every year.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Tony Khan ‏@TonyKhan  56s57 seconds ago

<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Our new RB TJ Yeldon had the highest elusive rating in the 2015 draft class vs. Power 5 Conference teams + a speed score of 105.5. Go Jags!

</div>

Okay.  That sounds like Madden scores.

So now that we've drafted a RB, Caldwell is admitting that we are getting "close" to being contenders.

If we don't win this next year, Gus is gone.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Hmm I knw that. Yeldon is a very tough runner. Just wait and see. I bet some of y'all was low on MJD to just cause of his size. Just wait this is a good pick.
Mojo also had the extra gear back in the day.

Yeldon just stays in 5th gear. 

Quote:Mojo also had the extra gear back in the day.

Yeldon just stays in 5th gear.
O he's not a burner. He has speed similar to a demarco murrury and a Laveon Bell. Like posted already he very elusive and tough to bring down.

Quote:I was thinking TE Maxx. There is alot of talent in the RBs in the draft, could've gotten one just as good later and not pay big for him. You have to help take attention off of Thomas with someone on the otherside. Or we just got him for nothing. Very upset with a wasted 2nd round pick. Bust....  

As in the TE who is still on the board in the 50s?

'02

Quote:Fred improved significantly from his Freshman year to his final year.

T.J.'s production went down every year.

TJ played three years, and his stats improved from year one to year two. They only went down a bit his final year.

As for Fred, his stats did improve in year four, but years two and three were significantly down from his freshman year.

Really the only thing you got here is that in their final year, TJ's stats went down while Fred's went up. Fred actually had some issues in years two and three considering he only played a total of 15 games in those two years. Was it injuries that kept him out? He played a combined 23 games in years one and four.

'02

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2015, 08:49 PM by Ordar.)

Well personally I really like the pick. Perfect back for the ZBS. He's so hard to bring down, great vision and moves. I think he could be a superstar. Apparently a very high character guy. All the experts love it, including LT.

Quote:TJ played three years, and his stats improved from year one to year two. They only went down a bit his final year.

His per carry average went down every year.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:His per carry average went down every year.

6.3 to 6.0 then as 02 pointed out, in year 3 they did drop more.  5.0 in year 3.

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2015, 06:23 AM by Mowerguy.)

Jeez guys...you all are so darn hard to please.

We just got a heck of a running back....and all you can do is gripe.

It's not just stats...its what he has inside too!

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:6.3 to 6.0 then as 02 pointed out, in year 3 they did drop more. 5.0 in year 3.

FWIW a 6+ YPC isn't really sustainable.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I like it