Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
justin blackmon

Quote:This is good news if for no other reason than it sounds like he is trying to get his non-football life in order.

I'll remain skeptical until I see him on the field, but I won't crash the party today. We all could use a little optimism.

All jokes aside. I agree. Its one thing to waste talent, but its a totally different thing to waste your life. I see alot of young people nowadays wasting their lives on weed. Its something (among other things), that really has our youth with a tight grip. So I hope that he can get this monkey off of his back and live a long successful life. Because that stuff does nothing but hold you back. 

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'm not sure if this was posted here, but I only just saw it.

http://www.foxsports.com/florida/story/j...ell-100114

*edit: not much info there, and since it came from Gus to the AP, it's likely somebody else already noted it.  But this is a long thread, and I hadn't see it.  Good to hear anyway.

Also these:

https://twitter.com/pirkster_jax/status/...4848786432

http://www.news4jax.com/sports/jags-susp...l/28363468

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote: Gus has a very vested interest in Justin getting his life back on track.  I don't think he really cares one way or the other about whether he makes it back on the field at this point.  

What vested interest?  Are they related?  Does Justin owe Gus money? 

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:Interesting.  That does surprise me. 
He is still required to take random drug tests and will continue to do so as long as he is part of the NFL. Failure to comply with drug tests while on indefinite suspension will just lengthen the term.

I know under the old rules he would be required to show clean tests, compliance with any treatment programs issued by the NFL's medical adviser, and no drug related arrests for a full year and deliver proof of this with his application before he would be considered for reinstatement.

I know a player just recently received an 8 game banishment for his third strike so the new policy may be a little more lax. The old policy dictated a mandatory 1 year minimum and the application process to be reinstated.

I think the new policy only applies to violations in 2014 and beyond, so I don't believe they will apply to Blackmon.

Quote:All jokes aside. I agree. Its one thing to waste talent, but its a totally different thing to waste your life. I see alot of young people nowadays wasting their lives on weed. Its something (among other things), that really has our youth with a tight grip. So I hope that he can ge tthis monley off of his back and live a long successful life. Because that stuff nothing but hold you back.

Well said.

And now for the rest of the story.....  He's gone the Jaguars, NFL and most fans have written him off.  So why are we even entertaining this? :whistling:

Quote:Several reasons.

1. The last player suspended indefinitely was out for two full seasons, so if that's the precedent it's doubtful that he'd be reinstated sometime this season. That doesn't even take into account his latest arrest in July for possession.

2. If he would somehow be reinstated this season, he hasn't be around the team for a year. He hasn't been taking part in team activities, he hasn't seen any new plays added to the offense, hasn't worked with any of the new players, and he likely isn't anywhere close to football shape.

3. I'd assume he has work his way back into the graces of the front office and the coaching staff. Gus and Dave haven't exactly expressed confidence in him and his return and I doubt they'd throw him on the field the minute he was reinstated. He was rumored to have been in rehab this past spring and was busted for drugs late this summer. I doubt he's going to come out of this rehab a completely changed man, so he'll likely have issues he'll still need to sort out before he even thinks about stepping on a football field.

4. If he does ever come back, the team is likely going to get some sort of roster exemption for him anyways, so I'm pretty sure they'd take full advantage of that until they're sure he's healthy.

I'd love to see him on the field at all, let alone this season, but I see no reason to believe there is any realistic chance of that happening.

If he stays clean, out of trouble, and consistent I think the earliest we can see him back is 2016. 

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:And now for the rest of the story.....  He's gone the Jaguars, NFL and most fans have written him off.  So why are we even entertaining this? :whistling:
Are we not allowed to hope the guy gets his life in order?

Quote:If he stays clean, out of trouble, and consistent I think the earliest we can see him back is 2016.

2016? He'll be back (at the latest) in 2015.

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2014, 12:51 PM by JAGFAN88.)

He was suspended the 1st 4 games last year, Then he played in 4 games. Then he got suspended for a Indefinitly. If i remember correct after one year he can apply for reinstatement. So after 8 games this year he can apply. This does not take into what action he will get with his arrest this year for a joint. But if the amount is below the new rules it should not have any punishment. IF someone knows more please correct me.

Quote:If he stays clean, out of trouble, and consistent I think the earliest we can see him back is 2016.

Why would he be out next year too?

Quote:Why would he be out next year too?

I dont think he applies for reinstatement and is heard until September or October of next season at best.

People are forgetting he is on indefinite suspension. and even getting to the point where he will find out how long he will have to sit before he is reinstated to play is a process he has to clear first.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

I'm not getting my hopes up too much, but man, Blackmon would be nice to have in the early stages of Bortles' developmemt
No commercial messages in sigs

I won't believe it until I see it. But good news that he's trying to get his life in order.

Quote:There's a lot more to the Blackmon story than what is being reported in the media that shows the level of commitment this team has to not only getting him back on the field as quickly as possible, but in helping him address his demons.  I seriously doubt that with everything they've done to help this kid that they'd dump him once he's eligible to return.  They see the talent there and they know that this is ultimately a good kid who has serious issues he's dealing with.  Hopefully he is able to get his life back on track. 
This.

Fans, Message Boards, Media, Talking Bozo's all abhore a vaccum of information and will fill it with what ever flows thru their thoughts.

What should be abundently clear is that the Jaguars have not given up on Justin and want him to get well and succeed.

What is not understood or appreciated is that NO one can talk about a medical condition, put two and two together.

We do have a reason to hold hope for recovery.

HeadSlap

When they have no time,  they think about it!

When they go down hard, they think about it!

Just watch Peyton, Andrew, Caep even Mr. Bundchen.

Quote:I dont think he applies for reinstatement and is heard until September or October of next season at best.

People are forgetting he is on indefinite suspension. and even getting to the point where he will find out how long he will have to sit before he is reinstated to play is a process he has to clear first.

What? In the NFL indefinite means 1 year as long as you meet their conditions for return. They don't say just 1 year because you could come back and not being doing anything different and fail another test. Indefinite doesn't mean it could be extended for more time, if you meet all the requirements the NFL has for reinstatement, you are granted reinstatement without any issues.

Quote:What? In the NFL indefinite means 1 year as long as you meet their conditions for return. They don't say just 1 year because you could come back and not being doing anything different and fail another test. Indefinite doesn't mean it could be extended for more time, if you meet all the requirements the NFL has for reinstatement, you are granted reinstatement without any issues.
That is the way I thought it was too. And 1 year means 16 NFL Games, so he could apply for reinstatement after the 8th game this year I believe. But he must meet their requirements to be reinstated.

Quote:What? In the NFL indefinite means 1 year as long as you meet their conditions for return. They don't say just 1 year because you could come back and not being doing anything different and fail another test. Indefinite doesn't mean it could be extended for more time, if you meet all the requirements the NFL has for reinstatement, you are granted reinstatement without any issues.

I don't think he knows what he's talknig about.

Actually... No set amount of time is exactly what indefinite means.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/indefinite

Quote:I don't think he knows what he's talknig about.

Thanks for the insight.