Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Henne, Young, and Bowanko start on Sunday

Quote:It is to a guy who isn't in the long term plans, Eugene Monroe is a good football player, I thought the Jags got good value for a player that was going to walk in 2014. He's not a top 10 tackle in this league, more like 20-25. Luke Joeckel was considered by many as the best player in the draft, I thought it was a sensible move by the Jaguars.

If our Oline wasn't the worst in league history then I'd be ok with it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:When did Monroe become this top tier tackle?  I've watched him in Baltimore, and he's still Eugene Monroe.  We weren't going to pay him LT money to play RT, and that's exactly what was going to happen here.

Don't bring up Mack?  The Jags went after the best option in free agency and just didn't have deep enough pockets to top anything Cleveland was willing to pay him.  Yeah, we should ignore the fact that they made an aggressive move to address center and failed.

They drafted a guy that they expect to be their center long term.  He's starting this weekend.  If they saw a better option out there in free agency, they would have pursued it. 

That time has long passed?  We're basically 18 months into a 3 year rebuild.  The expectation this year as expressed by the team was to show improvement and to be more competitive.  We're 2 games into the season.  I know patience isn't something you would EVER subscribe to because that would defeat your usual knee jerk approach to things, but it's a 16 game schedule.  There's a LOT of football left to be played this year, and plenty of opportunity for this front office to meet or even exceed their expectations this year.  You're more than welcome to make yourself look foolish by booing the team, or making a joke of yourself.  Nobody is stopping you from doing so.  Just don't get offended when people point it out.

That is a problem that they didnt see any of those guys as upgrades. It shows mis judge of talent. How much is monroe making? N9 9ne is saying monroe is elite.. even though you were while he was here in defense of gene smith.. but hes sure as hell better than what we have and baltimore is FAR from breaking the bank on him. Thats th8s teams problem.. we will spend on pools and score boards but not upgrades... now look at our oline.. draft8ng monroes replacement becuz we dont want to pay him is a joke when u see our cap situation and our line situation. That is a MASSIVE blackmark on this regime since they failed miserably at replacing him and baltimore did not break the bank for him

Quote:If our Oline wasn't the worst in league history then I'd be ok with it.

Understood, the state of our o line has nothing to do with Eugene Monroe trade as the Jags have had ample time and opportunity to upgrade it significantly. Their actions haven't produced competent results yet, I don't think this o line will be good until the 2015 season.

Henne says the coaches told him that none of the sacks were his fault.... uh, just keep it to yourself Chad.  You're making our coaches look like idiots.

LOL!!! just got a little gift in my notification. Yall better leave FBT alone.

Quote:That is a problem that they didnt see any of those guys as upgrades. It shows mis judge of talent. How much is monroe making? N9 9ne is saying monroe is elite.. even though you were while he was here in defense of gene smith.. but hes sure as hell better than what we have and baltimore is FAR from breaking the bank on him. Thats th8s teams problem.. we will spend on pools and score boards but not upgrades... now look at our oline.. draft8ng monroes replacement becuz we dont want to pay him is a joke when u see our cap situation and our line situation. That is a MASSIVE blackmark on this regime since they failed miserably at replacing him and baltimore did not break the bank for him
Monroe signed a 5 year, $37.5 million contract with an $11 million signing bonus, and $17.5 million guaranteed.  That's not peanuts, and I'm almost positive that prior to his release, you were probably as critical of him as any other player on this roster because you always are.  So, now you're singing a different tune about a guy that was okay, but nothing special because this team dared to trade him away before he walked in free agency at the end of last season. 

You do understand that the money spent on the stadium has nothing to do with the mandated money they have to spend on the roster, right?  They didn't want to pay Monroe because they didn't think he was worth what he was going to command.  Had they re-signed him, you'd be taking the other side of the argument howling that we overspent on marginal talent.  You're like TMD with the way you can take either side of a debate.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:LOL!!! just got a little gift in my notification. Yall better leave FBT alone.

I ain't scared....

One of these years.............

Quote:I ain't scared....
Me either. This board ain't my life like some lol

Quote:So... 2015 then?

That's when we'll have a non-rookie starter at 2 interior positions (maybe).

Heck ol Blake won't be a rookie and the wideouts either.

Problem solved. 2015 Bortles should start. When he isn't a rookie and there aren't any rookies starting at key positions.

This is getting a little tired, isn't it? 

Nobody is saying he shouldn't start during his rookie year, including the people who actually have a say in the matter.  Feel free to twist it however you must in order to stoke your anger a little more if that's what you need.  The bottom line remains the same.  When they feel the time is right, he'll start. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2014, 12:57 PM by Cleatwood.)

Football....

The only person needs to be boo'd is Gus Bradley and possibly Dave Caldwell who will be ducked off in an office. They bring in the trash and coach it up. Not the players fault they cant do better. Bradley thinks Henne gives the team the best chance to win that's his business. The best thing they've done since taking over is draft Bortles and they wont play him. In two years I've seen no improvement in this team and for that they deserve to be boo'd. I'm not one to go to games and boo I just simply wont go.

Chad Henne will use the clots DST being the highest waiver wire pickup in FF this week as fuel. 

Quote:Chad Henne will use the clots DST being the highest waiver wire pickup in FF this week as fuel. 

Too bad for him the colts are coming in 0-2. They're going to be focused on winning.

At 2-0 maybe they would be feeling good about themselves and relax a bit. I can't see that being the case at 0-2.

Quote:Too bad for him the colts are coming in 0-2. They're going to be focused on winning.

At 2-0 maybe they would be feeling good about themselves and relax a bit. I can't see that being the case at 0-2.
You don't wanna go 0-3 and the Colts know that. I doubt Luck lets them lose this game but I think our defense will be ready with something to prove after last week. 

I think its going to be a good game. It's really up to our offense to move the ball.

My goodness, we are doomed.

Mark Long ‏@APMarkLong  24m
Jaguars OC Jedd Fisch pins one of the 10 sacks on QB Chad Henne

Mark Long ‏@APMarkLong  21m
Jaguars OC Jedd Fisch says don't blame QB Chad Henne for things that aren't his fault

Quote: 

My goodness, we are doomed.

<div>Mark Long ‏@APMarkLong  24m
Jaguars OC Jedd Fisch pins one of the 10 sacks on QB Chad Henne

Mark Long ‏@APMarkLong  21m
Jaguars OC Jedd Fisch says don't blame QB Chad Henne for things that aren't his fault

</div>

Where's that Mad Dog guy today?

Quote:Where's that Mad Dog guy today?

Maybe FBT is really Jedd Fisch posting on here.

Jedd blames 1??? Only 1??? Dude holds on the ball for ten years.

Quote:Jedd blames 1??? Only 1??? Dude holds on the ball for ten years.

This is troubling on many levels that our OC sees things this way. There is no way he could be wrong though, right?

I blame Jedd Fisch for not having a clue how to get the most out of this offense.