Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Don't Look Now But.........

Quote:There's really never been a more moot point discussed on this board. Coach Bradley, his staff and this football team will be trying to win every single game left on the schedule. And, personally, I have too much self respect to root for my team to lose, but maybe that is just me.

I agree completely. As I said earlier, the players and coaches will do their best every game to try to win it. The outcome will not be affected by our wishes. At this point, I am not bothered by the mounting loses. Personally, I guess I don't have too much self respect to hope we get a top draft pick. Don't get me wrong......during the game, whenever we make a good play, I can't keep from jumping up and celebrating. But when we lose.......I like ball up my fist and quietly say "Yeah! On target for the top draft pick." Maybe that's the way I cope with dismal ceiling. We're all wired different I guess. By the way, love the video clip of the Jaguar fan. Classic. That's like me 3 times per game. (-:

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2013, 12:47 AM by JagsFanClubOfMD.)

Right now, I think we win either  against the Bills or the Tacks, maybe both, so at most 3 wins, but probably only 2. Although I realize the if team A beats team B and team C beats team A logic is meaningless in the NFL, if we manage to beat Arizona on Sunday I think we will at least split with Houston. That could be up to 6 wins. 

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2013, 12:49 AM by JagsFanClubOfMD.)

double post

Quote:If Andrew Luck is the QB that I provided links for, and he's clearly seen as one of the best QB prospects in the last 20 years, then simple deduction says that Bridgewater would be also seen as one of the best QB of the last 20 years.... :blink: :wacko:

I didn't think it would be this hard, but with the willfully ignorant and stubborn on purpose because they know they are wrong, I guess it is,,,, oh yeah, jerk. 

This is a classic logic fail you see in propaganda constantly.

You just stated that A = B

Then you conclude since A = B, then C =  A....   Notice there is no link between C and B?  That's what you just did, and most people won't fall for it.  Well, most smart people won't fall for it.  Many dumb people fall for it, ALL THE TIME.

We're gonna finish 2nd or 3rd. Thankfully Tampa won last night..

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

Now Look But Dont.......

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Quote:What does JaguarsWoman look like?
Rosie O'Donnell

Quote:I don't care that much about getting the #1 pick.  

Getting the #1 pick would mean we are a really lousy team, a long way from the playoffs. 

Winning some games down the stretch would mean we are not as far away as I thought we were.   It would also mean that maybe we do have the right coaching staff.  

A lot of people want this or that one single guy who can turn things around for us.  But what we really need is just better personnel management on all levels than we've had the last few years.  

Umm, KC and Indy have each had the #1 pick the last 2 years..and Indy went to the playoffs, KC is the only undefeated team in the league right now....

Also, the Vikings made it to the playoffs last year...where are they now?

"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

Quote:Of the last 15 drafts here are the QB's selected #1 overall. You tell me if losing now is worth the continued disappointment of not getting better. And before you say well Bridgewater or Mariota or Manziel are light years better you can't verify that based upon college stats because all of these guys were "can't miss" prospects.

Tim Couch

Mike Vick

David Carr

Carson Palmer

Eli Manning

Alex Smith

Jamarcus Russell

Matt Stafford

Sam Bradford

Cam Newton

Andrew Luck

If you're looking to continue losing so we get the #1 pick for QB you're rolling the dice at the expense of continuing developing a losing culture in the locker room. Of that list only Eli Manning has won a Super Bowl and that's mostly due to good coaching and defense. Many here would not consider Eli even elite.

Of that list I would only consider Eli, Luck, and Stafford worth losing for and they are already NFL proven, not college propect.

Regards............the Chiefjag
Hold on a second.

Atlanta was a loser until Mike Vick got there.  He took them to a conference championship game and another playoff appearance.

Until Kimo Von Oelhoffen went knee hunting in the playoffs, Carson Palmer was well on his way to having a great career with a bad franchise.

Carolina looks on their way to the playoffs, and Cam Newton is looking really good right now.

You say the teams didn't get better under all of these guys, but it's not true.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

First overall QB's are a pretty safe bet. There are only three real busts from the list above, and two were expansion teams. The other is Russell, whose downfall was really his own doing. Guys like Newton, Stafford, Palmer and Vick breathed life into bottom of the barrel franchises. As Bullseye mentioned above, the Bengals were the joke of the league before Palmer got there. His downfall was injuries.

;

;

I really think some of you don't know how bad our offense is. I might be wrong but I don't think we play a defense that's at the bottom three for yards. As a matter of fact we play the Texans twice and the Browns who both are top five in defense who will kill us in those games due to our offense. We won't win no more than 1 or 2 games this season putting us in line for a top three pick.

If we pick 3rd overall somehow we could nab Anthony Barr for the LEO and nab a guy like Mettenberger, Hundley, Boyd in round 2.

I think we're still in line for #1 or #2 overall, and TB, imo, won't go QB so Caldwell will have his choice of whoever he wants. 

I think he'll make the right choices for this team

Quote:If we pick 3rd overall somehow we could nab Anthony Barr for the LEO and nab a guy like Mettenberger, Hundley, Boyd in round 2.

I think we're still in line for #1 or #2 overall, and TB, imo, won't go QB so Caldwell will have his choice of whoever he wants. 

I think he'll make the right choices for this team

Interesting. If we can't get Bridgewater, I wouldn't mind getting this guy. He's a beast. Lightning quick and can effectively cover tight ends.

Quote:Interesting. If we can't get Bridgewater, I wouldn't mind getting this guy. He's a beast. Lightning quick and can effectively cover tight ends.
Personally I think there are a couple QBs in the draft that will do just as well as Bridgewater in the NFL.

I think McCarron is highly under rated and if he is available in a later round like 4 I would love the Jags to pull a Redskins and take a QB high and a backup plan like McCarron or Murray later, if available.

Quote:Personally I think there are a couple QBs in the draft that will do just as well as Bridgewater in the NFL.

Hope you are wearing one of these.

[Image: MAN-ON-FIRE_1437098c.jpg]

The church of teddy nut jobs with rain fire on that post. 

Quote:Personally I think there are a couple QBs in the draft that will do just as well as Bridgewater in the NFL.

I think McCarron is highly under rated and if he is available in a later round like 4 I would love the Jags to pull a Redskins and take a QB high and a backup plan like McCarron or Murray later, if available.

There may be.  But I think the problem is going to be picking them out from the rest.  

I think McCarron or Murray would be good as a backup plan.  We do have an extra 4th round pick too.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Hope you are wearing one of these.

[Image: MAN-ON-FIRE_1437098c.jpg]

The church of teddy nut jobs with rain fire on that post. 
No, we will just inform the misinformed poster of our opinion. The right opinion.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Those Alabama QB's sure do well in the pros.....

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2013, 02:07 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Which ones?

[Image: popcorn-gif-23.gif]