Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Davon House throws some shade towards the Jags while also admitting his shortcomings

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2017, 12:16 PM by knarnn.)

I'm surprised I didn't see this posted anywhere. House re-signed with Green Bay this past offseason and is leading the CB room currently as their number 1 CB. When House was asked to discuss his experiences with the Jags by the Packers media he gave a pretty candid response:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGFv_tRUMAA_DYh?format=jpg

Full story here:

http://gnb.247sports.com/Bolt/Davon-Hous...-105691725

Not sure exactly how I should feel about this one....
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Link doesn't work, but whatever.

He sucked really bad his second year in Jax. Especially when asked to play zone. If he's the packers best CB right now, then their defense is in trouble and they better make him play man coverage all the damn time.

Seems more like a criticism of the former coach to me, and honestly, who hasn't been on board the bus Gus has repeatedly been thrown under? If fact, this isn't the first time hearing a player criticize their use in the secondary while under Bradley.

(08-01-2017, 09:56 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: Seems more like a criticism of the former coach to me, and honestly, who hasn't been on board the bus Gus has repeatedly been thrown under? If fact, this isn't the first time hearing a player criticize their use in the secondary while under Bradley.

Yep.

(This post was last modified: 08-01-2017, 10:23 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

https://twitter.com/Michael_Cohen13/stat...3886085120

(08-01-2017, 09:56 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: Seems more like a criticism of the former coach to me, and honestly, who hasn't been on board the bus Gus has repeatedly been thrown under? If fact, this isn't the first time hearing a player criticize their use in the secondary while under Bradley.

A couple of whom are still on the team.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

A hard dis at Bradley, said " I was confident in myself but I wasnt confident in the things we were taught and the things we were doing there. Some of the stuff we were doing I was questioning. I didnt buy in my second year"

Wait... his complaint is about playing too much zone coverage. As I recall, he was typically in man coverage, and it was his man coverage against a few WRs in particular when the suck was strong in him.
'02

(08-01-2017, 09:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Link doesn't work, but whatever.

He sucked really bad his second year in Jax. Especially when asked to play zone.  If he's the packers best CB right now, then their defense is in trouble and they better make him play man coverage all the damn time.

House essentially says that he was playing too much zone coverage here when his strength was man coverage.

(08-01-2017, 11:52 PM)Tuxedo Wrote:

He sucked really bad his second year in Jax. Especially when asked to play zone.  If he's the packers best CB right now, then their defense is in trouble and they better make him play man coverage all the damn time.

House essentially says that he was playing too much zone coverage here when his strength was man coverage.

Clearly this is what he's saying, but I'm basically saying he's full of dog manure. He sucks at man even more.

'02

(08-01-2017, 11:52 PM)Tuxedo Wrote:

Thanks. Yeah. I found the article and now the OP has a good link as well. 

House was indeed better in press/man than in zone, but he struggled playing both in 2016.   I don't doubt for an instant that Bradley's insistence on so much soft zone lessened House's effectiveness as it likely did much of the secondary. 

I do vividly remember several instances in which they clearly tasked House with a zone and he would give the receiver so much cushion that anything within 12-15 yards of the L.O.S. was essentially given away. It was tough to watch. So yeah -- zone coverage was definitely not his strength.

Besides that, you're not an NFL CB is you can't play zone. That's like claiming you're an NFL TE, but you can't block.
'02

(08-02-2017, 12:01 AM)Jags02 Wrote: Besides that, you're not an NFL CB is you can't play zone. That's like claiming you're an NFL TE, but you can't block.

In today's NFL, tight ends can function without blocking just fine, ha.

(08-02-2017, 12:11 AM)Tuxedo Wrote:
(08-02-2017, 12:01 AM)Jags02 Wrote: Besides that, you're not an NFL CB is you can't play zone. That's like claiming you're an NFL TE, but you can't block.

In today's NFL, tight ends can function without blocking just fine, ha.

Marcedes explained it when it said, to paraphrase...  those aren't TEs, they're WRs claiming to be TEs.
'02

It may have been a criticism of DeWayne Walker.

The title is misleading too. House appears to be blaming himself as much as the Jags, claiming to be only a C- in zone coverage and not buying into what he was being taught.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

[Image: dehop.gif]

Looks like this:

[Image: giphy.gif]

Meanwhile...on the field...

[Image: jalenramsey.jpg?quality=90&w=640]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Is this a surprise to anyone that's watched the team for the last 4 years. I remember several times where it would 3rd and 20 on the 45 and the DBs would be 15 yards off the ball, give up 18 and put the other team in field goal range. Gus Bradley was the biggest buffoon of a head coach of all time!

While scheme was certainly an issue, being a "one trick poney" DB says alot about his limitation and reasoning for riding the bench.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

This guy...
He may have something with the coaches misplaying guys out of scheme fits I suppose...

BUT

He was GB's nickel. Left to become a starter and got starter money. Wasn't that good as a starter, OK one year bad the next (scheme didn't change from one year to the next iirc) and now is back in Green Bay because they were desperate.

When watching House in his "good" year here, I honestly couldn't understand how he wasn't getting flagged for pass interference on nearly every play. He wasn't as good as his stats in 2015 and I think it caught up with him as much as anything in 2016.