Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars.com - First unofficial depth chart: No major surprises

First unofficial depth chart: No major surprises

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...99f763ad86

Rookie RB Leonard Fournette and rookie LT Cam Robinson listed as co-starters as Jaguars release first 2017 unofficial depth chart

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Just put the rookies as starters we all know they are gonna start
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(08-04-2017, 02:51 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote: Just put the rookies as starters we all know they are gonna start

Agreed, no need to get cute and follow the sprinkles school of coaching. Looks like Marrone isn't as serious a coach as I'd hoped he was.

The depth chart at WR is interesting.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I absolutely hate "co" starters.

They technically can't both start... soo... dumb.

(08-04-2017, 03:03 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: The depth chart at WR is interesting.

Yes, Etta-Tawo and Westbrook seem to have been placed far down the chart to motivate them. 

I'd keep Robinson, Lee, Hurns, Westbrook, Greene, Benn, and Etta-Tawo and go ahead and cut the scrubs who clearly won't make the roster.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Yes, Etta-Tawo and Westbrook seem to have been placed far down the chart to motivate them. 

I'd keep Robinson, Lee, Hurns, Westbrook, Greene, Benn, and Etta-Tawo and go ahead and cut the scrubs who clearly won't make the roster.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(08-04-2017, 02:51 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote: Just put the rookies as starters we all know they are gonna start

Agreed. We all knew Fournette was gonna start from the moment his name was called at the draft and with Albert gone, Robinson is a lock at LT. He has no competition.......yet.

They've got to make it look like they've earned it, which is fine.  Already being labeled "co-starters" pretty much indicates that by the end of training camp, barring injury, they'll be dropping the "co" from their roles.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(08-04-2017, 02:58 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:

Agreed, no need to get cute and follow the sprinkles school of coaching. Looks like Marrone isn't as serious a coach as I'd hoped he was.
Laughing Banana Wallbash Banana  Laughing
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

I completely forgot about James Sample. He must be stinking it up out there.

(08-04-2017, 04:58 PM)FBT Wrote:

They've got to make it look like they've earned it, which is fine.  Already being labeled "co-starters" pretty much indicates that by the end of training camp, barring injury, they'll be dropping the "co" from their roles.

I don't know how that kind of thing looks to the players, but as a fan it looks ridiculously like Marrone doesn't have the strength of conviction to just come out and give a direct appraisal of the players so far. It's not like the depth charts can't change, and anyone worth having on the team won't stop working just because the depth chart has them as a starter.

Damn Sample on the bottom of the depth chart. He gone.

(08-04-2017, 07:51 PM)haveaseat Wrote: Damn Sample on the bottom of the depth chart. He gone.

Probably because he hasn't played in so long.  He can move up the depth chart in preseason though

LB depth is scary

(08-05-2017, 08:30 AM)astrorenegade Wrote: LB depth is scary

It looks ok. I am excited to see what rookie Blair Brown brings to the table. I am also very interested to see how Poz plays at strong side. To be honest he doesn't strike me as a strong side type, but I guess we will see.

(08-04-2017, 03:28 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:

Has Etta-Tawo showed up and I've missed it because I haven't seen much on him from Oesher? I've seen more about Keelan Cole.

At any rate, it looks like several players are further down the list than expected likely as a means to motivate them. Other examples include the rookie co-starters along with Koyack over Rivera, Bennett over Day, Goodman over Woodard, and Harper over Sample.

'02

(08-04-2017, 07:51 PM)haveaseat Wrote: Damn Sample on the bottom of the depth chart. He gone.

Yup he just got cut and we signed S Jeron Johnson

Did Sample even play a regularer season game

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...be8713716e
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

#23 is open now lol

(08-06-2017, 10:34 AM)J-Mizzal Wrote:

Yup he just got cut and we signed S Jeron Johnson

Did Sample even play a regularer season game

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...be8713716e

I do not believe he ever played a regular season game.

(08-06-2017, 01:36 PM)haveaseat Wrote: #23 is open now lol

This is the first thought i Had. 

"And starting at CB #23 Jalen Ramsey!!"
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend