Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Sam Darnold - How long till he's the Jags QB?

(This post was last modified: 08-18-2017, 08:00 AM by rfc17.)

How long until he is the next QB of the Jags?  Draft is end of April next year right?  So we are roughly 8 months away.  That'll go by quickly.  Just imagine how excited we'll be this time next year. I'll just have to watch a bunch of USC games this year to keep me entertained.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Darnold will drop at the combine. He's has a flaw in his throwing motion. Look at the highlights and see how the ball dips down on his back motion. Theres also a slight pause.

Then look at Josh Rosen. That throwing motion is what NFL scouts look for.

There is no guarantee either one of those guys will even be in the draft. Darnold is a redshirt Sophomore and Rosen is a Junior who will probably return to school. He's a student before he's an athlete and I highly doubt he enters the draft. There will be other really talented guys available though.

Yup, his name is Lamar Jackson.

(08-18-2017, 04:42 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Yup, his name is Lamar Jackson.

I'm not even gonna bother scouting him. Between his sloppy mechanics and that "stick figure" frame of his, he'll need to change positions in the NFL.

(08-18-2017, 08:25 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-18-2017, 04:42 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Yup, his name is Lamar Jackson.

I'm not even gonna bother scouting him. Between his sloppy mechanics and that "stick figure" frame of his, he'll need to change positions in the NFL.

Nah, he won't.

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2017, 07:46 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(08-19-2017, 01:55 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(08-18-2017, 08:25 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm not even gonna bother scouting him. Between his sloppy mechanics and that "stick figure" frame of his, he'll need to change positions in the NFL.

Nah, he won't.

He looks like a toothpick with legs. RG3 is frail and had the same type of playing style. Look at him. He can't stay healthy. Teddy Bridgewater was criticized for being too thin and his career may be over because of a major injury. I would only consider Jackson if he added 25-30 lbs. to his frame. QB's have to have some "padding", because they get hit so much.

I don't like Darnold at all. Honestly depending on how this season finishes out I would be fine with this team going BAP regardless of position and then addressing QB on day two in the 2nd RD.

I think Josh Allen is better but he's probably staying another year at Wyoming. Lamar Jackson is a great prospect but I worry about his play style transitioning into the NFL and his body physically holding up for it. Josh Rosen is concerning. Not a big fan of him right now. He's not all that accurate. He was okay in his six games last year before surgery. Not sold on him.

I am starting to look at some smaller known prospects this year. I like Chase Litton out of Marshall. Pretty good in back to back years. Respectable completion percentage. Seems to protect the football well. Has a huge frame at 6'6 that he can grow into.

And then my last two favorites are Mason Rudolph and Luke Falk. I really like Falk out of those two. Highly accurate, highly productive out of the spread which doesn't concern me too much in the NFL. I would watch them closely this year. Could be great options in RD2 - RD3 next year.

I would rather see us take Derwin James at S out of FSU next year in the first round or even Vita Vea out of Washington if he has a monster season. Arden Key is another big name too on defense that I like. Like Vea he needs to do it again in 2017.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(08-19-2017, 01:36 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I don't like Darnold at all. Honestly depending on how this season finishes out I would be fine with this team going BAP regardless of position and then addressing QB on day two in the 2nd RD.

I think Josh Allen is better but he's probably staying another year at Wyoming. Lamar Jackson is a great prospect but I worry about his play style transitioning into the NFL and his body physically holding up for it. Josh Rosen is concerning. Not a big fan of him right now. He's not all that accurate. He was okay in his six games last year before surgery. Not sold on him.

I am starting to look at some smaller known prospects this year. I like Chase Litton out of Marshall. Pretty good in back to back years. Respectable completion percentage. Seems to protect the football well. Has a huge frame at 6'6 that he can grow into.

And then my last two favorites are Mason Rudolph and Luke Falk. I really like Falk out of those two. Highly accurate, highly productive out of the spread which doesn't concern me too much in the NFL. I would watch them closely this year. Could be great options in RD2 - RD3 next year.

I would rather see us take Derwin James at S out of FSU next year in the first round or even Vita Vea out of Washington if he has a monster season. Arden Key is another big name too on defense that I like. Like Vea he needs to do it again in 2017.

Check out Logan Woodside of Toledo. He had a fantastic 2017 season and some people are saying he could be the Carson Wentz of the 2018 draft.

What about Jacob Eason? Couldn't he theoretically come out this year if he wanted?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-19-2017, 05:57 PM)mvannostran Wrote: What about Jacob Eason? Couldn't he theoretically come out this year if he wanted?

He could, but he has a long way to go before I would consider him anything other than a late round/priority UDFA.

Baker Mayfield ! Cannon Arm !
I like Darnold, Rosen and Rudolph the most tho.

(08-19-2017, 06:29 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-19-2017, 05:57 PM)mvannostran Wrote: What about Jacob Eason? Couldn't he theoretically come out this year if he wanted?

He could, but he has a long way to go before I would consider him anything other than a late round/priority UDFA.

Gotcha. I haven't watched him much, I just know they're projecting him as the #1 pick in 2019 already. 

I like Rosen in this coming class at the moment
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-19-2017, 07:16 PM)mvannostran Wrote:
(08-19-2017, 06:29 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He could, but he has a long way to go before I would consider him anything other than a late round/priority UDFA.

Gotcha. I haven't watched him much, I just know they're projecting him as the #1 pick in 2019 already. 

I like Rosen in this coming class at the moment

I'm a huge UCLA fan and Rosen is extremely accurate when he has time and he's a very smart kid, but he needs a good O-Line. The Bruins currently have one of the worst pass protecting lines in the NCAA and and Rosen is getting killed. When he isn't injured, he's having to rush his throws and it's making it extremely tough to evaluate his progression. I believe he will stay in school though. He values education over sports and I believe he'll stay through his Senior season.

(08-19-2017, 06:29 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

No, Eason is only a Sophmore so he can't come out till next year.

(08-20-2017, 05:34 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote:
(08-19-2017, 06:29 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He could, but he has a long way to go before I would consider him anything other than a late round/priority UDFA.

No, Eason is only a Sophmore so he can't come out till next year.

He's a redshirt Sophomore, so technically he can enter the draft.

(08-20-2017, 05:45 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-20-2017, 05:34 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: No, Eason is only a Sophmore so he can't come out till next year.

He's a redshirt Sophomore, so technically he can enter the draft.

No, he didn't redshirt so he is just a regular sophomore.

(08-20-2017, 05:49 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote:
(08-20-2017, 05:45 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He's a redshirt Sophomore, so technically he can enter the draft.

No, he didn't redshirt so he is just a regular sophomore.

My bad. One of the draft sites I follow had him listed as a draft eligible redshirt sophomore, but the site has been wrong on several occasions. This must be another of those incidents.

(08-19-2017, 01:36 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I don't like Darnold at all. Honestly depending on how this season finishes out I would be fine with this team going BAP regardless of position and then addressing QB on day two in the 2nd RD.

What the heck is so good about Josh Allen? He has low completion % and throws a lot of INTs and plays for Wyoming, he is nothing but another trap bust qb, he is big tall strong arm that scouts fall in love with but guys who are low comp % almost always stay that way.
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(08-21-2017, 09:50 AM)J-Mizzal Wrote:

What the heck is so good about Josh Allen? He has low completion % and throws a lot of INTs and plays for Wyoming, he is nothing but another trap bust qb, he is big tall strong arm that scouts fall in love with but guys who are low comp % almost always stay that way.

A lot of the projection of Allen is based upon him improving this year. He isn't exactly surrounded by talent, but will need to get up over 60% completions and cut down on his INT's in order to be projected as one of the top 3 QB's in the draft. Most QB's tend to improve each year and I believe that's what scouts are projecting he will do.