Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Jaguars release second-year QB Brandon Allen

Jaguars release second-year QB Brandon Allen

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ndon-allen

The Jacksonville Jaguars cut second-year quarterback Brandon Allen, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported Sunday. The move comes after Jacksonville added five players from the waiver wire.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Figure he's going straight the practice squad should he clear waivers.

I can't think of team that would take him for the 53 man roster spot. Practice bound for sure.

#becauseHenne

Wallbash

Our future?

'02

Henne will remain as an alternative of Bortles. Who is worst? Both.

#BecauseJaguars

It's not good to leave Allen unprotected. Someone will unfortunately pick him up.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Ugh

(09-03-2017, 02:30 PM)NH3 Wrote: It's not good to leave Allen unprotected. Someone will unfortunately pick him up.

NH3...

Most teams only keeping two QBs, nobody is signing him to be their backup

Allen is so overrated, he's just a guy, yall only like him cuz Blake and Henne suck, he's not that great
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(09-03-2017, 02:30 PM)NH3 Wrote: It's not good to leave Allen unprotected. Someone will unfortunately pick him up.

NH3...

I fear that even if he does make the PS, the second somebody needs a QB he's gone. They should have waived Henne instead. ....or Myrick considering the QB was released to make room for the CB. 
'02

(09-03-2017, 02:37 PM)Jags02 Wrote:

NH3...

I fear that even if he does make the PS, the second somebody needs a QB he's gone. They should have waived Henne instead. ....or Myrick considering the QB was released to make room for the CB. 
Agreed... He's to mobile and accurate on the run which is the reasoning that he was not placed on the PS in the first place.

NH3...
"AZANE"

I get that they're trying to manuevre to keep all three, but the risk it too great. Allen is better than Henne, so they should have just waived Allen.

My gut feeling is that the Jaguars arrow will never actually point up as long as Henne remains on the roster. 

'02

There is a reason why Allen is staying at 3rd string. It could be the mental grasp or speed of the game. We never got to see him play against 1st or 2nd string defense's. Time will tell if he's as valued as many believe hiim to be. I think he will hit the practice squad and have no worries of someone "stealing" him from us.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Chad Henne's entire preseason included :                            30 pass attempts  - 1 TD  -  and zero INTs.

Brad Allen's game against the camp fodder of the falcons included:  31 pass attempts - 1 TD   -  3 INTs

That's why Allen was waived.  Seems pretty clear cut to me.

(09-03-2017, 03:06 PM)Jags02 Wrote: I get that they're trying to manuevre to keep all three, but the risk it too great. Allen is better than Henne, so they should have just waived Allen.

My gut feeling is that the Jaguars arrow will never actually point up as long as Henne remains on the roster. 

I think he is a big part of Bortles failure as well.  He isn't a guy you want teaching your young QB

(09-03-2017, 03:19 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Chad Henne's entire preseason included :                            30 pass attempts  - 1 TD  -  and zero INTs.

Brad Allen's game against the camp fodder of the falcons included:   -31 pass attempts - 1 TD   -  3 INTs

If they just looked at stats this preseason to determine who to keep and who to cut, no wonder why we are in this position.  You know what Henne is at this point and Allen is still young with some up side.  Allen is more mobile and has a decent arm as well.

(09-03-2017, 03:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-03-2017, 03:19 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Chad Henne's entire preseason included :                            30 pass attempts  - 1 TD  -  and zero INTs.

Brad Allen's game against the camp fodder of the falcons included:   -31 pass attempts - 1 TD   -  3 INTs

If they just looked at stats this preseason to determine who to keep and who to cut, no wonder why we are in this position.  You know what Henne is at this point and Allen is still young with some up side.  Allen is more mobile and has a decent arm as well.

And that's why he is destined for the practice squad.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(09-03-2017, 03:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Obviously it's not just about stats.  For me it's about the two ugly picks thrown against 3rd stringers last week. 
The one to the endzone was horribly placed and not a terribly difficult throw. The one to the sideline should have been tossed out of bounds. He had no business attempting that pass. 

If Brandon Allen were the back-up to Bortles and ended up starting a game he'd probably throw more picks than Bortles.  
He's just not ready. 

Henne may suck and may neuter the offense to a degree, but he's more prepared to face a starting NFL defense than Allen is right now.

I been saying when he throws to the sideline looks like he struggles to get it there like he puts everything into the throw imo.
No Fun

dumb move. this team isn't winning anything with the quarterbacks on the roster. so keep the young who may have some upside over the old vet who is what he is. just not good asset management.