Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Myers

Per nfl.com...

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Saturday that the Panthers were receiving calls on kicker Graham Gano.

I just have to wonder if the Jaguars are the team placing a call for Gano.

In other news, a few intriguing veteran Kickers have been waived...

Mike Nugent, Giants
    Nick Novak, Texans
    Cody Parkey, Browns
    Josh Lambo, Chargers
    Robert Aguayo, Bears
    Travis Coons, Rams
    Zach Hocker, Bucs

Rookie kickers waived include...

Mike Meyer, Falcons
    Marshall Koehn, Vikings
    Sam Ficken, Chiefs
    Jake Elliott, Bengals
    Nick Rose, 49ers

I don't mean to suggest we must replace Myers, but they just might be thinking as much.
'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-03-2017, 04:20 AM by haveaseat.)

Would jump on the chance for Lambo. Dude is solid. But part of me knows Myers has the leg strength 10x of 30 of the kickers out there. Hard decision.

"We should use a 2nd round pick on Aguayo! He will automatically be one of the best kickers in the league!"

I loved those guys. They were all over the message boards but now.... no where to be found.

Highly doubt it. This team is trading away players from the offensive line, a position of dire need, in order to gain picks. They know this isn't their year, and they damn sure aren't thinking about investing draft picks for a kicker. At least, they better not be. 

Now if we are talking about Gano for Henne straight up, I'm all for it.

Why are we talking about Meyers anyway. because he missed a few FG and extra points 3 games ago. Do yall even know anything about Football. The reason he missed had nothing to do with his ability to kick the ball. Tinker our long snapper got injured. They brought in a replacement and it was his first game with about 3-4 days of practice. Now i know all you armchair QBs can go out there and hike the ball and kick the ball better then the pros, but the kicking game is about timing. The new Long Snapper might have a different speed or way he hikes the ball that messed up meyers timing to kick the ball you could see in the replay Meyers was early and the ball wasnt there. After some more practice with the new Snapper, he has not missed. You all assume it was meyere but do not look at the reasoning why. the kicking game is the least of our worries the Oline is a problem and the Oline specialty coach we have has not fixed it in 3 years. There are teams out there with worst o-line players doing better then we are with the supposed oline guru coaching them.

(09-03-2017, 02:25 AM)Jags02 Wrote:     Robert Aguayo, Bears

Championship.

I've also been wondering if the Jags are one of the teams (or the only team) inquiring about Gano.

(09-03-2017, 09:51 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: Why are we talking about Meyers anyway. because he missed a few FG and extra points 3 games ago. Do yall even know anything about Football. The reason he missed had nothing to do with his ability to kick the ball. Tinker our long snapper got injured. They brought in a replacement and it was his first game with about 3-4 days of practice. Now i know all you armchair QBs can go out there and hike the ball and kick the ball better then the pros, but the kicking game is about timing. The new Long Snapper might have a different speed or way he hikes the ball that messed up meyers timing to kick the ball you could see in the replay Meyers was early and the ball wasnt there. After some more practice with the new Snapper, he has not missed. You all assume it was meyere but do not look at the reasoning why. the kicking game is the least of our worries the Oline is a problem and the Oline specialty coach we have has not fixed it in 3 years. There are teams out there with worst o-line players doing better then we are with the supposed oline guru coaching them.

Tinker was injured a week before out first preseason game. There were two weeks of practice plus an actual game in between.

Myers seems to have turned it around, so I doubt the Jags are looking for another kicker. In any case we won't sign one until after the first game so we're not stuck with a full-year's salary.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(09-03-2017, 04:13 AM)haveaseat Wrote: Would jump on the chance for Lambo. Dude is solid. But part of me knows Myers has the leg strength 10x of 30 of the kickers out there. Hard decision.

Lambo has missed more extra points than Meyers has ever had.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(09-03-2017, 07:26 AM)Frailbones Wrote: "We should use a 2nd round pick on Aguayo! He will automatically be one of the best kickers in the league!"

I loved those guys. They were all over the message boards but now.... no where to be found.

Where were these people?

I think it was common knowledge that Aguayo was the top Kicking prospect but only TB had that grade on him and nobody knew that until the Buccs took him

Last year was a concern at K for me. Last year we coulda won a few games with a competent kicker. This season feels kinda different. Like a kicker isn't gonna matter too much cause we'll be down by a few scores with minutes to go..

But what do I know. My crystal ball has cracks in it..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

We ridin with Myers.

(09-03-2017, 12:36 PM)TheAll22 Wrote:
(09-03-2017, 07:26 AM)Frailbones Wrote: "We should use a 2nd round pick on Aguayo! He will automatically be one of the best kickers in the league!"

Where were these people?

I think it was common knowledge that Aguayo was the top Kicking prospect but only TB had that grade on him and nobody knew that until the Buccs took him
Oh you missed it?!

It was great last year during draft time. Some people were obsessed with him on this board.

Seriously though, I wonder what happened to RA. Other than he obviously can't kick a FG. I wonder why he fell so flat so fast?

(09-03-2017, 09:51 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: Why are we talking about Meyers anyway. because he missed a few FG and extra points 3 games ago. Do yall even know anything about Football. The reason he missed had nothing to do with his ability to kick the ball. Tinker our long snapper got injured. They brought in a replacement and it was his first game with about 3-4 days of practice. Now i know all you armchair QBs can go out there and hike the ball and kick the ball better then the pros, but the kicking game is about timing. The new Long Snapper might have a different speed or way he hikes the ball that messed up meyers timing to kick the ball you could see in the replay Meyers was early and the ball wasnt there. After some more practice with the new Snapper, he has not missed. You all assume it was meyere but do not look at the reasoning why. the kicking game is the least of our worries the Oline is a problem and the Oline specialty coach we have has not fixed it in 3 years. There are teams out there with worst o-line players doing better then we are with the supposed oline guru coaching them.

I know what you're saying, but I also recall how little patience TC has shown for Kickers, and Meyers stats the past couple years can only at best be described as average-to-mediocre.
'02

(09-03-2017, 01:03 PM)Frailbones Wrote:
(09-03-2017, 12:36 PM)TheAll22 Wrote: Where were these people?

Oh you missed it?!

It was great last year during draft time. Some people were obsessed with him on this board.

I remember, it was pretty funny.  It was mostly Fl St fans

(09-03-2017, 01:05 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Seriously though, I wonder what happened to RA. Other than he obviously can't kick a FG. I wonder why he fell so flat so fast?

He was just very overrated.  He wasn't even all that great in college.  In 2015 he kicked a 80% FG and only made 1 kick over 50 yards and 3 of his misses was between 40-49 yrds.  After the Georgia Tech game it was downhill from there.

We should have claimed Elliott.

The problem with Myers is inconsistency. He'll turn it around, then regress. Then turn it around again, then regress. He's got the leg. But can he become more consistent?

(09-03-2017, 12:41 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Last year was a concern at K for me. Last year we coulda won a few games with a competent kicker. This season feels kinda different. Like a kicker isn't gonna matter too much cause we'll be down by a few scores with minutes to go..

But what do I know. My crystal ball has cracks in it..

I just don't get why people are so negative at week 1 of the regular season. Not one snap has been played, my God. I know I have my doubts this year, but man some people act like we are on the verge of going 0-16.... Ask the 2008 Lions how important the preseason is, I'll remind you. They were perfect, 4-0 and coming off of a 7-9 year. They went 0-16. I doubt their MB or any visible majority of their fan base saw that coming, just have a little faith. We are supposed to CHEER the Jags on, not just assume we will go 2-14 every year.

He gets in his own head