Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
tacks week pre/post game talk

Was nice to enjoy the win but like Campbell said its on to the Titans.  I'll be at the game so hopefully we can start the season 2-0. Titans have a much better oline so this will be a real gauge to see how good our dline really is.  Hopefully our oline has another great game as well

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Man that's gonna be a loud one. Tough one coming up for the tacks. Cyprien get completely exposed yesterday too, I think we're gonna make them regret signing him this week.

The Raiders look like they stonewalled Murray/Henry to the tune of 18/69. I think if Calais and the boys hold the line and create pressure AJ and Jalen can hold down the receivers and Myles can ring a few more TE's bells. I want to see Cyprien wiff on Lee as he sprints by....

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

The Texans game was a thing of beauty, but if we can beat the Titans then I can really take this team seriously. I still believe they'll rack up wins against the joke schedule we have, but beating even 1 of the Titans/Cardinals/Seahawks/Steelers would be icing on the cake

Doug is a smart coach and we didn't resign Cyp for a reason. Hopefully we target him early and often

If the Jags play defense with that type of intensity every game, then the AFC South is in trouble. They dismantled the Texans and the Colts Oline is worse. Pressure Mariota and then lets ball out.

Looks like they might move the game or postpone it.

(09-11-2017, 01:33 PM)BklynJag Wrote: Looks like they might move the game or postpone it.

I doubt it. If Houston was ready to go this fast, Jax definitely will be. They were playing baseball games in Houston even earlier
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Yeah, if we go to 2-0 and take a commanding division lead, I think we're playoff bound. I want to see how the defense does against the tacks. I expect the offense to perform even better. If we can shake the drops, we're looking really good in the passing game IMO.

(09-11-2017, 01:55 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: Yeah, if we go to 2-0 and take a commanding division lead, I think we're playoff bound.  I want to see how the defense does against the tacks.  I expect the offense to perform even better.  If we can shake the drops, we're looking really good in the passing game IMO.
Man.... Slow down.

I am worried about our WR's They will be ready for our run game. We need to know we can pass too.

I hope both our lines perform at the same level.

Can it be Sunday already.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2017, 02:16 PM by imtheblkranger.)

(09-11-2017, 02:12 PM)Browntrouser Wrote: I am worried about our WR's They will be ready for our run game. We need to know we can pass too.

I hope both our lines perform at the same level.

Can it be Sunday already.

Then let them stack to box and leave Lee one on one against Cyp. 

Or cover the WRs and don't stack the box on Fournette. 

If the Raiders can shut down their run game, I'm confident we can do the same. Their DL is not as good as Houston and we had no issues running. Houston scared me much more than Ten does.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(09-11-2017, 01:33 PM)BklynJag Wrote: Looks like they might move the game or postpone it.

They're not postponing the game. Any flooding is a residual of the storm surge, and that will be gone before the week is over.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(09-11-2017, 02:24 PM)FBT Wrote:

They're not postponing the game. Any flooding is a residual of the storm surge, and that will be gone before the week is over.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...itans-game

Still don't think it will be rescheduled. The flooding isn't anywhere close yo Houston level and should recedes today/tomorrow now that the storm is moving out. Doesn't look nearly bad enough to hang on roadways for over a week. I would think power outages would be a bigger concern than flooding.

I really don't want to lose a week 8 bye.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(09-11-2017, 03:12 PM)mvannostran Wrote: Still don't think it will be rescheduled. The flooding isn't anywhere close yo Houston level and should recedes today/tomorrow now that the storm is moving out. Doesn't look nearly bad enough to hang on roadways for over a week. I would think power outages would be a bigger concern than flooding.

I really don't want to lose a week 8 bye.

I don't want to lose an Week 8 bye either. That is one of the best times to take off for players and coaches.

Power outages don't cancel games. Once there was a power outage in Buffalo and officials never thought about canceling it. They made some plays unreviewable when the replay TV was not working and had the back judge use his fingers to count down the last 10 seconds before each play. I would certainly hope that does not happen to us and Tennessee.

Hoping the guys can play this next Sunday, man.....it would suck for them to lose that momentum in having to wait another week to play again

I torn. On one hand I'm going to the game and think it'll be huge if we can beat those guys, so I want every advantage. On the other hand, I think we could beat those guys in Tennessee if the D plays the same way, and having that week 17 game at home could be huge. 

Either way Im very pleasantly surprised at our current situation.

We could always swap our home and away games as well. Playing them at home the last week of the season might be more beneficial for us.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(09-11-2017, 05:28 PM)mvannostran Wrote: We could always swap our home and away games as well. Playing them at home the last week of the season might be more beneficial for us.

Shad Khan made that offer to Bob McNair for the Texans game. Good thing McNailr didn't take it.

It does not make a difference when we host the Titans.