Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake Bortles the worst pick in franchise history?

(09-19-2017, 08:09 AM)Jagwired Wrote:
(09-19-2017, 08:01 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: For position and draft position, Blake Bortles is absolutely the WORST draft pick in this franchise history and its not even close. You can see it in Bortles' eyes that he simply does not care about football or getting better.

The fact that David Caldwell got an inside look at Carr and only chose Bortles because he THOUGHT he would be the top pick next year had he stayed in school "Over Winston and Mariota", is a crime in itself.

Caldwell's inability to simply admit he was wrong is costing this franchise years and years of setbacks.

One of the most ridiculous things posted in this thread. You can see it in his eyes??? Buuuwwwaaaaaa!! Laughing Laughing

Back to the OP question, assuming importance of position/draft position weigh heavily, it is hard to argue it isn't the worst pick in franchise history.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I disagree. For pure production from a high draft pick, none compare to R Jay Soward.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Who the heck is R Jay Soward?

Thats your answer.

They traded UP for Harvey and we haven't even sniffed good since...

Harvey was the beginning of the end... We haven't done anything but suck since drafting him.

(09-18-2017, 10:26 PM)Firesky Wrote: Harvey was the worst. if Soward were drafted any higher than he was he'd have that designation tbh. Bortles is in the conversation but he's not worse than Gabbert on the list. Joeckel was in such a weak draft which doesnt excuse it but does make it more palatable I guess.

I really dont know why Justin Blackmon is on this list tbh. He was as talented as they come and actually produced every time he was on the field. I cant really consider his off the field issues making him a bust since it didnt impact his production. Also Reggie Williams wasnt the best pick in history but he wasnt the worst. in 2007 he set a Jags record with 10 TD's in a season. He was tall and had good hands he just couldnt get much seperation.
Yes. Blackmon should be on this list and most likely top 2 or 3. You have to factor in everything. You can't just pick and choose what to include and what not to include.

He was a top 5 pick who played what... 18 games for the Jags? He's a huge bust just like Manziel is a bust.

(09-19-2017, 10:03 AM)scottyg Wrote: Harvey was the beginning of the end...  We haven't done anything but suck since drafting him.

Yep. We were a "pass rush" away from being Superbowl favorites. And traded the best picks in the draft for 2 pass rushers that never worked out.
And then I think the OL fell apart, the QB became broken, the RB got older/slower/fatter, the average D became awful...

Man..... that was almost 10 years ago
Wallbash

I would think Blackmon would be the obvious answer
[Image: V9hW2kPAQr8S1Jxg.jpg]

(09-19-2017, 06:23 AM)BritJag Wrote:
(09-18-2017, 10:23 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Seriously, can't we just have one Bortles thread and everyone who is interested can bash him there?

Why is there this incessant need to create the same thread slightly re-worded every time someone wants to have a pop at him?

Freedom of speech matey. Every box has to vocalize. It's how we roll in these parts.

I'm all for Freedom of Speech, I just don't see the need to start a new thread every time someone has another gripe.. there are existing threads where the subject is still relevant..
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

I think the more telling thing is we have 3-4 candidates within the last 6 years. Oof.

Gabbert is clearly the worst. Traded up for him right in front of the Texans who then took JJ Watt. JJ may already be on the decline now, but it would have still been worth taking him.

Bortles has to be in the conversation though. Any time you waste the capital of a 3rd overall pick on a guy with Bortles' issues at this stage in his career is pretty bad anyway you slice it.

63 turnovers..ugh

is the hate for Blake this bad? geesh.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

The worst draft pick ever was Harvey because of what we gave up to go up and pick him.

Blackmon can't be the worst based off production buy could be the worst based off we he did off the field.

Bortles could be the worst pick but we didn't trade up to get him like we did Gabbert. But atleast Gabbert didn't have to learn how to throw in his 4th year.

Joeckel was below average but could be considered a bust.

Soward was probably the worst overall but it depends on what your looking at in terms of value and position.

Bortles is in the conversation but probably not the worst.

I'm not sure what happened, but Bortles now is not the Bortles of 2015. He looked much better before. It's like he's lost all his intestinal fortitude.

That said, he's not near the worst pick in franchise history. He's not even the worst QB.

(09-19-2017, 04:33 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: I'm not sure what happened, but Bortles now is not the Bortles of 2015.  He looked much better before.  It's like he's lost all his intestinal fortitude.

That said, he's not near the worst pick in franchise history.  He's not even the worst QB.

63 turnovers ...game changer

trade for him. (Drew Brees)

offer up Bortles, Nassib, Jalen Strong, rights to Blackmon, Kaepernick, RGIII, a 3rd round draft pick, a player to be named later, and some cash.

Damn, it's happy hour already? I'm late.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

In terms of doing the most damage to the franchise, Bortles is by far the worst pick.

(09-19-2017, 04:58 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: In terms of doing the most damage to the franchise, Bortles is by far the worst pick.

Agreed. It's because of the time we've given him to succeed.  He should've been benched this season.