Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ravens Score Predictions

Thumbs Down 

Wave, are you a Ravens fan trolling the board? People who turn our team's name into a censored word are not welcome here.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Unless the offense shows me otherwise, 21-13 Baltimore

(09-20-2017, 08:51 PM)atburg Wrote: Unless the offense shows me otherwise, 21-13 Baltimore

You are overrating Baltimore's secondary.

I'm wearing my Jalen Ramsey "Salute to Service" jersey to work today - as well as the Jaguars lanyard I wear every day, so I think that is going to inspire the Jaguars this Sunday to pull off the upset win.  I'm changing my score prediction to 9-6 Jaguars, with a win on the last play of the game as Myers hits a 57 yard field goal.

(09-22-2017, 06:38 AM)navyjagfan Wrote: I'm wearing my Jalen Ramsey "Salute to Service" jersey to work today - as well as the Jaguars lanyard I wear every day, so I think that is going to inspire the Jaguars this Sunday to pull off the upset win.  I'm changing my score prediction to 9-6 Jaguars, with a win on the last play of the game as Myers hits a 57 yard field goal.

I better wear a pair of shorts that are one or two sizes bigger on Sunday, just in case your prediction comes true.  Banana

When you look at both of our teams on paper. We're about the same. Our offenses aren't really dominate, we both have top ten defenses. We're 9th. They're 10th.

BUT. Baltimore hasn't reallllllly played anybody. It's not like the Bengals and Browns are dominate. They're combined at 0 - 4. I am going out on a huge limb here. Our team is used to London more than any other NFL team.

Jaguars are coming back home 2 - 1. I'll say Sunday we're looking at a score of 24 to 16. We end up winning it. I see this game playing out similar to the 2nd half of Houston's win but our defense holds up strong in the 1st half like they did against the tacks. Just need that offense to dig it's head out of it's [BLEEP].
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Blake doesn't turn it over. Jags win.

Blake turns it over. Jags lose.

Who wants to play football at 9:30 am. 3-3 tie

Jags win 20-10. This team will win enough this year to keep the fans' hopes up, but Bortles will manage to lose a couple games singlehandedly eliminating any chance of winning the division. Home-field advantage will prevail this week.

No Yanda on the OL that’s already weak ?
No run stuffing Brandon Williams on the DL?
Things might go better than expected.

(09-22-2017, 12:36 PM)JAXsonVIL Wrote: No Yanda on the OL that’s already weak?
No run stuffing Brandon Williams on the DL?
Things might go better than expected.

Those injuries improve our expectations.

Here is another one: Baltimore's backup RB.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...for-ravens

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(09-22-2017, 02:58 PM)Rico Wrote: 27

Ravens or Jaguars? What about the other team?

(09-20-2017, 11:55 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(09-20-2017, 08:51 PM)atburg Wrote: Unless the offense shows me otherwise, 21-13 Baltimore

You are overrating Baltimore's secondary.

I think you're underrating our secondary.I don't know how much you know about our team,but we have one of the top 3 saftey pairings in the entire league.Jimmy Smith isn't that big of a name,but he's been a great cover corner since 2013 when healthy(he doesn't seem to be able to make it through an entire season which is his biggest issue).Brandon Carr has been playing like he used to in Kansas City now that he has legit safties to help him and he's not playing behind Dallas' poor pass rush.Our only weak spot is our nickel corner because we lost our CB Young in mini camp and our nickel CB/safety Webb has lost a step.Webb is beatable but he's not horrible in coverage and he has good hands so he makes plays.The rookie that we drafted in the first round this year has looked good but he's still a rookie unknown so I'll give you that.Our secondary is actually one of the strongest parts of our team.

(09-22-2017, 06:54 PM)HomeoftheBRAVENS Wrote: I think you're underrating our secondary.I don't know how much you know about our team,but we have one of the top 3 safety pairings in the entire league.Jimmy Smith isn't that big of a name,but he's been a great cover corner since 2013 when healthy(he doesn't seem to be able to make it through an entire season which is his biggest issue).Brandon Carr has been playing like he used to in Kansas City now that he has legit safties to help him and he's not playing behind Dallas' poor pass rush.Our only weak spot is our nickel corner because we lost our CB Young in mini camp and our nickel CB/safety Webb has lost a step.Webb is beatable but he's not horrible in coverage and he has good hands so he makes plays.The rookie that we drafted in the first round this year has looked good but he's still a rookie unknown so I'll give you that.Our secondary is actually one of the strongest parts of our team.

Oops, I did not realize a Ravens fan is trolling us. You are much better than some Titans fans who joined the board last week to talk smack.

Jimmy Smith is  HUGE name here . . . because of the one who wore #82! We think of your team's CB as "the other Jimmy Smith." Big Grin 

I had no idea Brandon Carr was a Chief before he played for the Cowboys. Yes, Dallas has had a terrible pass rush since DeMarcus Ware was cut. However, I don't understand how a safety's performance is directly related to that when a team has a bad defensive line and a good secondary, as the Cowboys did. It is not always that simple. BTW, we have Carr's old teammate, Barry Church, who many Jaguars fans including myself wanted in free agency. I don't recall anyone saying they would rather have Carr.

Oh and get this: seeing Brandon always reminds me of Derek because of his last name. Nothing else stands out about him like when I watch other safeties around the NFL. But that's just me.

Isn't Webb injured this week? I can't even remember his first name. I see his last name and think, "Not the quarterback who played wide receiver in Baltimore." So yes, I do have an awful hard time identifying some Ravens players and how good or bad they are. But I know Webb and Eric Weddle have shown up on injury reports lately.

This isn't going to be a popular idea but here it is.
I think we're going to beat the Ravens worse than we beat the Texans which will leave us all with no clue of what to expect for the rest of the year.
I'll say.....
Jaguars 34
Ravens 17

(09-23-2017, 10:36 PM)diehardjagsfaninsocal Wrote: This isn't going to be a popular idea but here it is.
I think we're going to beat the Ravens worse than we beat the Texans which will leave us all with no clue of what to expect for the rest of the year.
I'll say.....
Jaguars 34
Ravens 17

34 - 17 = 17
29 - 9 = 20

I did not need a calculator to do that.

Ravens win
Jaguars lose

(09-17-2017, 10:42 PM)BklynJag Wrote: The Ravens already have EIGHT interceptions. Bortles will throw at least 3. 23-10. Ravens

Wrong?
Huh

So glad I started Marcedes Lewis on my fantasy squad today.