Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "Let's talk about"

Quote:You've gone deaf. Your daughters are telling you that when you bowl and play golf, put on pants so you're not showing your 'old man shorts'.

And remember to pull those pants up past your nipples. Nothing lower will do.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You've gone deaf. Your daughters are telling you that when you bowl and play golf, put on pants so you're not showing your 'old man shorts'.

Not sure how they'd know since they're 27 and 29 and long since moved out.  Mr. Stoopid Pants.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Dude, you've never seen Instatweetagrambook? That stuff is on the interwebs now! They can take pictures and stuff!

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Not sure how they'd know since they're 27 and 29 and long since moved out. Mr. Stoopid Pants.

Are they single?

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2014, 10:32 AM by xJAGGYx.)

Quote:Are they single?

Either way, I doubt they look like 12 yr old Asian girls. You'll probably have to keep looking.

Quote:Either way, I doubt they look like 12 yr old Asian girls. You'll probably have to keep looking.

And miss the chance to piss off Rico in real life as well as on this board? Not on your life!

Quote:Either way, I doubt they look like 12 yr old Asian girls. You'll probably have to keep looking.

Daaayyum

Quote:Are they single?
One yes. One no. I will warn you that the single one teaches kick-boxing....so you're on your own.

Quote:One yes. One no. I will warn you that the single one teaches kick-boxing....so you're on your own.

That's the dumbest sport ever. I mean, everybody knows that it's not called a box when you kick, it's called a box!

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Niiice!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I'm the worlds most terrible bowler, to the point where I can't even have fun doing it, and I also often hurt myself.

Don't ask how because I have no clue what I'm doing.

Quote:That's the dumbest sport ever. I mean, everybody knows that it's not called a box when you kick, it's called a box!
You've never kicked a box? It's fuuuuuuun. Just make sure its empty first.

Wait, you can kick a box, but not box a kick?

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2014, 02:41 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Me good.  And it's called a hook.   :thumbsup:

I like bowling.  Been doing it since I was 9, so I'd better have some idea what I'm doing.  Plus it gives me something that I can still compete with the young whipper-snappers in at my age.  I played baseball, softball, basketball, street hockey, football....a long time.  Probably too long.  Which is why I've had to have so many things repaired.  Too old to do that stuff anymore.

My daughters call bowling and golf my 'old man sports'.

I like bowling too, used to be really good at it when I was younger (when I played more, rarely play it right now, but looking to get back into it) , albeit, yes I seemed to have forgotten some of the "terms" i.e. "hook"....

I played all those other sports you mentioned too, into my 20's.....I was lucky, never broke anything, and still have minimal "old man" pains, or need anything repaired, yet....

Bowling isn't an old man sport, neither is golf. Golf is a rich man's sport, or crazy man's sport since it drives you nuts trying to get a respectable score. Thats part of why I drink so much when I play it, to try an calm my nerves. I'm the guy who throws his club into the water and drops f-bombs all over the place if he makes a bad shot. (before alcohol) 

Quote:I like bowling too, used to be really good at it when I was younger (when I played more, rarely play it right now, but looking to get back into it) , albeit, yes I seemed to have forgotten some of the "terms" i.e. "hook"....

I played all those other sports you mentioned too, into my 20's.....I was lucky, never broke anything, and still have minimal "old man" pains, or need anything repaired, yet....

Bowling isn't an old man sport, neither is golf. Golf is a rich man's sport, or crazy man's sport since it drives you nuts trying to get a respectable score. Thats part of why I drink so much when I play it, to try an calm my nerves. I'm the guy who throws his club into the water and drops f-bombs all over the place if he makes a bad shot. (before alcohol) 

My brother bought me some golf clubs when I graduated high school.  I was a starter on all of the high school teams and I was just used to being (at least) good at everything.  I played golf for six months, sucked, and I hated it, so I sold the clubs that he bought me.  About a year later I started working at Prudential in the computer room on 3rd shift.  Everybody played golf in the morning a couple of times a week, after they got off of work.  I had to go out and buy new clubs.  I just figured I'd better adopt a different attitude and enjoy the good shots and blow off the bad ones....because there were going to be plenty of bad ones.  I got to where I could shoot low to mid-80's.  Now I'm lucky to break 100 but I still enjoy it just as much.

In eight days I'll be standing at the DMZ looking into North Korea. I'll say hi to fat boy Kim while there.

Wait a minute, that's not the name of a rapper, is it?

Quote:In eight days I'll be standing at the DMZ looking into North Korea. I'll say hi to fat boy Kim while there.

Wait a minute, that's not the name of a rapper, is it?

Sounds like fun! :blink:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

You wanna know what sounds fun to me?

Quote:You wanna know what sounds fun to me?

A barrel of monkeys?

Quote:A barrel of monkeys?
Those are always fun. I was just wondering what crazy ideas you guys thought that I would think was fun. I wasn't going to actually answer it. It was more so a real question, setting you guys up for weird answers, not so much a transition into explaining my fun activities.

I give you a B-. You went the right direction. I know you can do better if you applied yourself.