Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Washington Post reporter apologizes to Trump for fake news

This is pure gold. Fake news Washington Post posts fake picture about Trump's Pensacola rally size, gets called out by POTUS himself, and is forced to apologize. Hilarious!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/...m-out.html

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-10-2017, 11:40 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: This is pure gold. Fake news Washington Post posts fake picture about Trump's Pensacola rally size, gets called out by POTUS himself, and is forced to apologize. Hilarious!

Seriously.  I read the article you linked, and what you wrote is not what happened.   Maybe you need to re-read the article and get your own facts right.

(12-10-2017, 11:50 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(12-10-2017, 11:40 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: This is pure gold. Fake news Washington Post posts fake picture about Trump's Pensacola rally size, gets called out by POTUS himself, and is forced to apologize. Hilarious!

Seriously.  I read the article you linked, and what you wrote is not what happened.   Maybe you need to re-read the article and get your own facts right.

WoPo "journalist" posts picture taken way before POTUS hits the stage implying arena was dead. POTUS calls him out and people post real pictures from when Trump took the stage. WaPo "journalist" apologized. What did I miss?

(12-10-2017, 12:39 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-10-2017, 11:50 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Seriously.  I read the article you linked, and what you wrote is not what happened.   Maybe you need to re-read the article and get your own facts right.

WoPo "journalist" posts picture taken way before POTUS hits the stage implying arena was dead. POTUS calls him out and people post real pictures from when Trump took the stage. WaPo "journalist" apologized. What did I miss?

Your thread title says the Washington Post apologized. The reporter apologized, not the newspaper.

Details, details.

Tell me why crowd size is so important to Trump.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(12-11-2017, 09:00 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(12-10-2017, 12:39 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: WoPo "journalist" posts picture taken way before POTUS hits the stage implying arena was dead. POTUS calls him out and people post real pictures from when Trump took the stage. WaPo "journalist" apologized. What did I miss?

Your thread title says the Washington Post apologized. The reporter apologized, not the newspaper.

Details, details.

Base is still intact. 2020. Do you think a base that has made 35% returns on their investment and have their choice of jobs are going anywhere? Better start working on getting that electoral college changed if your girl Michele is going to win.

The Washington Post did not post a fake picture, the Washington Post did not apologize, and the reporter who posted the picture on his own personal account had removed it long before Trump said anything about it. 

You created your own fake news.  And then when I called you out on it, you acted like you didn't know what you did.  You accuse other people of creating fake news, but you do it yourself over and over. 

At least the reporter in question apologized.  You won't even do that.  So you're worse.

(12-12-2017, 07:29 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

The Washington Post did not post a fake picture, the Washington Post did not apologize, and the reporter who posted the picture on his own personal account had removed it long before Trump said anything about it. 

You created your own fake news.  And then when I called you out on it, you acted like you didn't know what you did.  You accuse other people of creating fake news, but you do it yourself over and over. 

At least the reporter in question apologized.  You won't even do that.  So you're worse.

The man is a WaPo reporter with 400k followers on his personal Twitter. You can twist it any way you want. He represents the values of his employer. You should apologize for essentially apologizing for the man and his fake news.

Did the WaPo fire him for his unethical behaviour? If not then they are complicit and endorse it.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-12-2017, 08:33 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Did the WaPo fire him for his unethical behaviour? If not then they are complicit and endorse it.

Thank you. To Marty's point, if a mod wants to change the post title to "Washing Post reporter apologizes to Trump for fake news", as the author of the post, I give them 100% approval to do so.

Or they could change it to:

"Washington Post reporter with 400K Twitter followers posts fake news, unexpectedly gets called out by the leader of the free world, then apologizes"

(12-12-2017, 08:35 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 08:33 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Did the WaPo fire him for his unethical behaviour? If not then they are complicit and endorse it.

Thank you. To Marty's point, if a mod wants to change the post title to "Washing Post reporter apologizes to Trump for fake news", as the author of the post, I give them 100% approval to do so.

"Washington Post reporter with 400K Twitter followers posts fake news, unexpectedly gets called out by the leader of the free world, then apologizes"

I'm willing to bet 90% of those 400k already hate blindly hate Trump because of the constant incorrect barrage of attacks on him. There's plenty of stuff he actually does that is abhorrent - why the media feels the need to outright fabricate is beyond me.

But Trump can retweet fake anti-muslim videos and it's all good right? He hasn't apologized for that.

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2017, 10:02 AM by JagNGeorgia.)

(12-12-2017, 07:29 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

He definitely represents his employer. He even put them in his description. They may not be responsible for his behavior, but his behavior represents the company for sure.

Done.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(12-12-2017, 09:39 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 08:35 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Thank you. To Marty's point, if a mod wants to change the post title to "Washing Post reporter apologizes to Trump for fake news", as the author of the post, I give them 100% approval to do so.

But Trump can retweet fake anti-muslim videos and it's all good right? He hasn't apologized for that.

He's not a journalist reporting the news. So no... he doesn't have to apologize for that.

(12-12-2017, 09:39 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 08:35 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Thank you. To Marty's point, if a mod wants to change the post title to "Washing Post reporter apologizes to Trump for fake news", as the author of the post, I give them 100% approval to do so.

I hope you stretched because you are reaching so hard here, I don't want you to pull a muscle.

(12-11-2017, 09:44 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-11-2017, 09:00 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Your thread title says the Washington Post apologized. The reporter apologized, not the newspaper.

Details, details.

Base is still intact. 2020. Do you think a base that has made 35% returns on their investment and have their choice of jobs are going anywhere? Better start working on getting that electoral college changed if your girl Michele is going to win.

It's like Trump spawned a clone. What does this have to do with your incorrect thread title? Deflection.

The base is intact, but not growing. Your boy fooled others once, he won't have a flawed candidate to eke by next time.
- Bob Marley

(12-12-2017, 05:20 PM)Kane Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 09:39 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: But Trump can retweet fake anti-muslim videos and it's all good right? He hasn't apologized for that.

He's not a journalist reporting the news. So no... he doesn't have to apologize for that.

Haha, really?

Nah, why would we expect the idiot currently occupying the Oval Office to tweet responsibly? It's not like anyone believes a word he says, anyway.
- Bob Marley

(12-13-2017, 11:01 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(12-11-2017, 09:44 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Base is still intact. 2020. Do you think a base that has made 35% returns on their investment and have their choice of jobs are going anywhere? Better start working on getting that electoral college changed if your girl Michele is going to win.

It's like Trump spawned a clone. What does this have to do with your incorrect thread title? Deflection.

The base is intact, but not growing. Your boy fooled others once, he won't have a flawed candidate to eke by next time.

Shrilly will be the same hot mess next time too.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-13-2017, 11:03 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 05:20 PM)Kane Wrote: He's not a journalist reporting the news. So no... he doesn't have to apologize for that.

Haha, really?

Nah, why would we expect the idiot currently occupying the Oval Office to tweet responsibly? It's not like anyone believes a word he says, anyway.

Tweet responsibly?
I don't give two hoots what this dude tweets from his personal twitter account. Neither should you.
If he starts misusing the POTUS account, you let me know.

Policy is all that matters. Foreign policy. Economic policy. The rest is noise and distractions. And people like you eat it up like it's your next episode of The Kardashians.

I'd suggest, if tweets upset you so, stay off Twitter.

(12-13-2017, 11:01 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(12-11-2017, 09:44 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Base is still intact. 2020. Do you think a base that has made 35% returns on their investment and have their choice of jobs are going anywhere? Better start working on getting that electoral college changed if your girl Michele is going to win.

Tangible results, like actual money in peoples pockets will increase a base. Don't fool yourself RJ.

All your people like Schumer and Pelosi talk about is helping the middle class, but it never actually happens. Why do you think Chucky is shaking in his boots about wanting Doug Jones to be part of the tax reform vote? Because he wants to block it. He doesn't want middle class democrats actually being happy. Their entire existence relies on people depending on them. That is going away...