Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MERGED Threads on AFCCG Officiating

(01-22-2018, 04:25 PM)Jags Wrote: Lol.  Pats fans are sore winners.  Buffalo went away after the loss and those that showed up afterwards were pretty cool.  Steelers fans didn’t even seem to bother coming on the board.  Pats fans come back to pound their chests.  Me thinks part of it is their dynasty, their GOAT, their GOAT head coach and their refs came soooo close to losing to the crappy ole Jags.  I’m sure that hurt your pride a little.  Anyways.  Shouldn’t you be ‘on to Philadelphia’ ?

Nobody is ridiculing the Jags for their performance....they played a great game.  It's some of their infantile sore loser fans that simply have to run their mouths and blame everything on someone else!   "The game and NFL are rigged..."   LOL.  That takes the cake. 

I haven't seen such poor sportsmanship since Cam Newton got spanked in the SB!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2018, 04:35 PM by JagFan81.)

(01-22-2018, 04:32 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 04:27 PM)Phil Swift Wrote: HaHa....truly priceless!   Keep comforting yourself with that nonsense.

You don't seem to grasp the fact that any of the "conservative play calling" you allude to was the Jags' decision.  Not the Pats, and surely not the Officials! 

BTW....your team, like the Falcons before them in last years SB, should now realize that grabbing, holding and mugging a receiver in order to neutralize their superior play, is simply NOT a good game plan!   Jags did this all day and the refs called them for it a few times.  Don't blame the officials for doing their job occasionally!

Jalen and your other corner should watch the game film, paying attention to Gilmore to see how penalty-free coverage is actually done.
You were saying?

[Image: KmkcI.jpg]

Textbook coverage.

If anything that's probably OPI, he's stopping the Pats player from having a shot at the ball.

See everyone hates the Pats

Yawn.

(01-22-2018, 04:33 PM)Phil Swift Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 04:25 PM)Jags Wrote: Lol.  Pats fans are sore winners.  Buffalo went away after the loss and those that showed up afterwards were pretty cool.  Steelers fans didn’t even seem to bother coming on the board.  Pats fans come back to pound their chests.  Me thinks part of it is their dynasty, their GOAT, their GOAT head coach and their refs came soooo close to losing to the crappy ole Jags.  I’m sure that hurt your pride a little.  Anyways.  Shouldn’t you be ‘on to Philadelphia’ ?

Nobody is ridiculing the Jags for their performance....they played a great game.  It's some of their infantile sore loser fans that simply have to run their mouths and blame everything on someone else!   "The game and NFL are rigged..."   LOL.  That takes the cake. 

Yeah because when Brady was caught cheating and punished, you guys just accepted right?

Serious question: Are you just not smart enough to comprehend what people have been saying for pages and pages?

The calls were not even. 88 yard difference in penalties. 6 penalties to 1. We could show countless times where the Jags were jobbed out of a call. If Bouyes play was PI, thn how come Lees picture above is not and when Lewis was mugged on 3rd down? Or how about the numerous missed holding calls on the Pats Oline?

It's not just Jags fans......it's the entire country including people on message boards from other NFL teams. Everyone is tired of the preferential treatment that your team gets, year in and year out. To deny it only shows your homerism and the fact that you only see and hear what you want to see and hear.

(01-22-2018, 04:32 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 04:27 PM)Phil Swift Wrote: HaHa....truly priceless!   Keep comforting yourself with that nonsense.

You don't seem to grasp the fact that any of the "conservative play calling" you allude to was the Jags' decision.  Not the Pats, and surely not the Officials! 

BTW....your team, like the Falcons before them in last years SB, should now realize that grabbing, holding and mugging a receiver in order to neutralize their superior play, is simply NOT a good game plan!   Jags did this all day and the refs called them for it a few times.  Don't blame the officials for doing their job occasionally!

Jalen and your other corner should watch the game film, paying attention to Gilmore to see how penalty-free coverage is actually done.
You were saying?

All I can tell you is that when a NE defender grabs and yanks jersey, I get PO'd with them.....I don't whine if it gets called.   That's the difference I'm getting from some of the Jags' fans here.

(01-22-2018, 04:43 PM)Phil Swift Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 04:32 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: You were saying?

All I can tell you is that when a NE defender grabs and yanks jersey, I get PO'd with them.....I don't whine if it gets called.   That's the difference I'm getting from some of the Jags' fans here.

He must have had his jersey up over his face too.  Rolleyes

And you don’t whine when it gets called because it’s obvious from that picture it doesn’t get called on the pats.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(01-22-2018, 04:43 PM)Phil Swift Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 04:32 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: You were saying?

That's because it doesn't get called.

No one is arguing the calls man. You're honestly not understanding the issue or you're tiptoeing around it. It's that the calls are not equal. What's a penalty for the Jags is not a penalty for the Pats. The above picture is PI. Not called.

Your defense lost you the game, well that and you tried to run the ball too much in the 2nd half, when it clearly wasn't working. teams always get calls that aren't fair, I agree.

(01-22-2018, 04:48 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 04:43 PM)Phil Swift Wrote: All I can tell you is that when a NE defender grabs and yanks jersey, I get PO'd with them.....I don't whine if it gets called.   That's the difference I'm getting from some of the Jags' fans here.
That's because it doesn't get called.

No one is arguing the calls man. You're honestly not understanding the issue or you're tiptoeing around it. It's that the calls are not equal. What's a penalty for the Jags is not a penalty for the Pats. The above picture is PI. Not called.

Thank you. This is it. And these plays usually happen on 3rd down, turning it into 4th down and giving Brady another shot. That's how the refs help them win.

(01-22-2018, 04:38 PM)Limelight Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 04:33 PM)Phil Swift Wrote: Nobody is ridiculing the Jags for their performance....they played a great game.  It's some of their infantile sore loser fans that simply have to run their mouths and blame everything on someone else!   "The game and NFL are rigged..."   LOL.  That takes the cake. 

It's not just Jags fans......it's the entire country including people on message boards from other NFL teams. Everyone is tired of the preferential treatment that your team gets, year in and year out. To deny it only shows your homerism and the fact that you only see and hear what you want to see and hear.

Please don't take this personally, but that POV is ridiculous!  Gronk has gotten flagged countless times for offensive PI, most of which were unwarranted, while Gilmore and Butler have drawn some game-altering penalties this season, so don't try selling a Pats' fan that story about preferential treatment!  Nonsense.

(01-22-2018, 04:58 PM)Phil Swift Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 04:38 PM)Limelight Wrote: It's not just Jags fans......it's the entire country including people on message boards from other NFL teams. Everyone is tired of the preferential treatment that your team gets, year in and year out. To deny it only shows your homerism and the fact that you only see and hear what you want to see and hear.

Please don't take this personally, but that POV is ridiculous!  Gronk has gotten flagged countless times for offensive PI, most of which were unwarranted, while Gilmore and Butler have drawn some game-altering penalties this season, so don't try selling a Pats' fan that story about preferential treatment!  Nonsense.

Why would I take it personally, everyone sees the preferential treatment except for the Pats fans, because they don't want to believe it. It's not my sole POV.

(01-22-2018, 04:38 PM)Limelight Wrote: It's not just Jags fans......it's the entire country including people on message boards from other NFL teams. Everyone is tired of the preferential treatment that your team gets, year in and year out. To deny it only shows your homerism and the fact that you only see and hear what you want to see and hear.

Oh yeah? Which ones?

I think officiating is just a problem overall with the league, and some of the calls yesterday did nothing to dispel the perception of that notion

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2018, 06:18 PM by sfljaguarsfan.)

Lol oh ya how about some specific examples then? Because jags have had at least 2 other defensive TDs before the Jack one blown dead prematurely this season alone. Also the Pats magically came out on top of ALL FOUR questionable 4th Q TDs this season - the Cooks catch vs Texans being the most obvious example of preferential treatment to NE - that wasn't even close to a catch yet the play stood even after a Profesional referee looked at it in the booth with freeze and zoom software lol. 

How oblivious are Pats fans actually? It's mind numbing.

(01-22-2018, 05:03 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 04:58 PM)Phil Swift Wrote: Please don't take this personally, but that POV is ridiculous!  Gronk has gotten flagged countless times for offensive PI, most of which were unwarranted, while Gilmore and Butler have drawn some game-altering penalties this season, so don't try selling a Pats' fan that story about preferential treatment!  Nonsense.

Oh yeah? Which ones?

Sure, that's easy.   Panthers, week 4.   Penalties -  1 for 33 yards on Panthers, 7 for 55 yards against NE.  Including 2 against Gilmore, late in game (3rd & 4th Q), keeping a drive alive for a TD.  A 4th Q Offensive PI on Gronk, ending a drive for NE!  

I won't detail all the others which together ended up costing NE the win.   So, again.....enough of the "League favors NE" nonsense.   You have no case.

(01-22-2018, 06:19 PM)Phil Swift Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 05:03 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Oh yeah? Which ones?

Sure, that's easy.   Panthers, week 4.   Penalties -  1 for 33 yards on Panthers, 7 for 55 yards against NE.  Including 2 against Gilmore, late in game (3rd & 4th Q), keeping a drive alive for a TD.  A 4th Q Offensive PI on Gronk, ending a drive for NE!  

I won't detail all the others which together ended up costing NE the win.   So, again.....enough of the "League favors NE" nonsense.   You have no case.
No case? 

Go check out your last 8 playoff games. See which side has more penalties.

This site is actually pretty tame, considering how we lost and what was at stake.

If you want to see true anger and bitterness, go to one of those Yahoo articles about the game, 3,000+ comments from people, where probably only a small percentage are Jags fans.

https://sports.yahoo.com/referee-congrat...14714.html

(01-22-2018, 04:38 PM)Limelight Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 04:33 PM)Phil Swift Wrote: Nobody is ridiculing the Jags for their performance....they played a great game.  It's some of their infantile sore loser fans that simply have to run their mouths and blame everything on someone else!   "The game and NFL are rigged..."   LOL.  That takes the cake. 

LOL....No, it's not "preferential treatment" that they are sick of....that's just the smokescreen and excuse they employ.....they're sick of the Patriots winning, year in, year out! 

Are Patriots' fans supposed to feel sorry for other fans around the League?  Every fan, BTW, is a homer!  

But if someone is stupid enough to think the Pats' success over almost 2 decades is due to preferential treatment, cheating, .005 lbs of air in a football, or any of the other countless weak-minded excuses that I've heard over the years, then they can wallow in their pain for all I care....they know zilch about the game and certainly don't recognize what it takes to be a winner.

The butt hurt is deep.

I'll meet you in the middle. It's due to 50% skill, coaching, talent and 50% cheating.