Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Premier League Season 2017/18

This weeks fixtures:

Saturday:

Burnley v Everton
Leicester v Bournemouth
Swansea v West Ham
Tottenham v Huddersfield
Southampton v Stoke
Watford v West Brom
Liverpool v Newcastle

Sunday:

Brighton v Arsenal
Man City v Chelsea
Crystal Palace v Man United
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-27-2018, 03:00 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: This weeks fixtures:

Saturday:

Burnley v Everton
Leicester v Bournemouth
Swansea v West Ham
Tottenham v Huddersfield
Southampton v Stoke
Watford v West Brom
Liverpool v Newcastle

Sunday:

Brighton v Arsenal
Man City v Chelsea

Your Southampton v Stoke match is critical to both teams !!!  Good Luck  - Go Saints !!!

(02-27-2018, 04:30 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(02-27-2018, 03:00 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: This weeks fixtures:

Saturday:

Burnley v Everton
Leicester v Bournemouth
Swansea v West Ham
Tottenham v Huddersfield
Southampton v Stoke
Watford v West Brom
Liverpool v Newcastle

Sunday:

Brighton v Arsenal
Man City v Chelsea

Your Southampton v Stoke match is critical to both teams !!!  Good Luck  - Go Saints !!!

I have a horrible feeling it's going to be 0-0.. I can see Saints going down..

Arsenal 0-3 Manchester City.

Will Man City have the same complacency issues that PSG have suffered in years past or can they form carry over to champions league?

(03-02-2018, 05:53 AM)ColoJag Wrote: Will Man City have the same complacency issues that PSG have suffered in years past or can they form carry over to champions league?

I think the Champions League is a totally different mindset for most teams/players.. I don't think Manchester City will win the Champions League (just a hunch), but I don't think it'll be down to complacency...

Although, I'd love an all Manchester final in the CL.. which, at this stage, is still possible.

GUT WRENCHING !!!

Bournemouth 1 - LC 1

Ok ..... so Bournemouth is winning 1-0 during the 96th minute even though there is only 4 minutes of extra time. A slight injury delay resulted in additional time beyond the 94 minute mark. However, even the commentators were surprised that the refs were letting play go on into the 96th minute. Anyway, LC had a free kick and managed to score on their last possession. I get the NBC Gold Package so I did watch the game and turned it off immediately when the ball entered the net. At the end of the day, I guess it really doesn't matter since both teams are in the middle of the standings but for a split moment, it was devastating.

Bournemouth has pulled out a few draws and wins this year after the 80 minute mark so I guess I shouldn't complain. It just pissed me off when the refs let play continue far beyond the additional stoppage that incurred during the extra time.

(03-05-2018, 12:09 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: GUT WRENCHING !!!

Bournemouth 1 - LC 1

Ok ..... so Bournemouth is winning 1-0 during the 96th minute even though there is only 4 minutes of extra time.  A slight injury delay resulted in additional time beyond the 94 minute mark.  However, even the commentators were surprised that the refs were letting play go on into the 96th minute.  Anyway, LC had a free kick and managed to score on their last possession.  I get the NBC Gold Package so I did watch the game and turned it off immediately when the ball entered the net.  At the end of the day, I guess it really doesn't matter since both teams are in the middle of the standings but for a split moment, it was devastating.

Bournemouth has pulled out a few draws and wins this year after the 80 minute mark so I guess I shouldn't complain.  It just pissed me off when the refs let play continue far beyond the additional stoppage that incurred during the extra time.
When they put the board up for additional time, that's always "a minimum of x minutes" rather than a definitive number.. a lot of teams screw themselves over with wasting time which the referee, rightly, adds on to the minimum..

Burnley 2-1 Everton
Bournemouth 1-1 Leicester
Swansea 4-1 West Ham
Tottenham 2-0 Huddersfield
Southampton 0-0 Stoke (called it)
Watford 1-0 West Brom
Liverpool 2-0 Newcastle
Brighton 2-1 Arsenal
Man City 1-0 Chelsea
Crystal Palace 2-3 Man United

This weeks fixtures:

Saturday:

Man United v Liverpool
Newcastle v Southampton
Everton v Brighton
Huddersfield v Swansea
West Brom v Leicester
West Ham v Burnley
Chelsea v Crystal Palace

Sunday:

Arsenal v Watford
Bournemouth v Tottenham

Monday:

Stoke v Man City

GUT WRENCHING ONCE AGAIN ....

Crystal Palace takes a 2-0 lead then blows it to lose 3-2 to ManU in the 90th minute.

I'm done ..... I need to watch something relaxing like Netflix Parks and Rec.

(03-07-2018, 04:37 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: GUT WRENCHING ONCE AGAIN ....

Crystal Palace takes a 2-0 lead then blows it to lose 3-2 to ManU in the 90th minute.

I'm done ..... I need to watch something relaxing like Netflix Parks and Rec.

I think it was a foregone conclusion from the moment Manchester United pulled it back to 2-1.

Palace played well in the first half, but United showed their quality in the second.

Man i love my blues but it gets old the drama that some of those UK journalist start. The throw stuff from their backside at walls all the time and hope it sticks. If chelsea slumps at all, all of a sudden rumors start flying that Conte will be fired, or Hazard is leaving. It get painful.

I've been keep up with Brighton this season and honestly i get more of a kick out of watching those games than i have been my blues lately. They are doing pretty damn good for never being in the EPL before. didn't expect them to be at mid table at this time in the year. Seems like the fans and everyone around the organization is just stoked to be there and they are pulling off a good year on top of that,

(03-10-2018, 12:20 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: Man i love my blues but it gets old the drama that some of those UK journalist start. The throw stuff from their backside at walls all the time and hope it sticks. If chelsea slumps at all, all of a sudden rumors start flying that Conte will be fired, or Hazard is leaving. It get painful.

I've been keep up with Brighton this season and honestly i get more of a kick out of watching those games than i have been my blues lately. They are doing pretty damn good for never being in the EPL before. didn't expect them to be at mid table at this time in the year. Seems like the fans and everyone around the organization is just stoked to be there and they are pulling off a good year on top of that,

To be completely honest.. it all stems from reports in Europe. Apparently Conte has been re-offered the Italy job. I, personally, think he'll be gone at the end of the season.. I also think that Hazard will go too, I don't think it'll be another Premier League team, I think it'll be somewhere in Europe.

Brighton are doing very well, I like their Manager (Chris Hughton) a lot, he's managed a few teams who play some good stuff. Brighton are in a good position because they keep getting good results and, for some reason, the bottom half of the table are beyond terrible.

My new prediction for relegation is: West Brom, Stoke & Southampton will all go down.

It may not be the Premiership but I didn't want to start a new thread on it: Khan's other team has gone on a remarkable stretch over the past three months, they've won 11 of their past 14 games, tied the other three, and haven't lost since 16 December 2017. During that time they've climbed from 12th in the standings to 4th and might just be able to challenge for second place which would mean direct promotion to the premiership.

Looks like the Jaguars aren't the only ones who finally got their affairs in order.

(03-11-2018, 06:08 PM)DragonFury Wrote: It may not be the Premiership but I didn't want to start a new thread on it: Khan's other team has gone on a remarkable stretch over the past three months, they've won 11 of their past 14 games, tied the other three, and haven't lost since 16 December 2017. During that time they've climbed from 12th in the standings to 4th and might just be able to challenge for second place which would mean direct promotion to the premiership.

Looks like the Jaguars aren't the only ones who finally got their affairs in order.

Considering their remaining 8 games left:

Norwich (away) 14th in the table
Leeds (home) 15th in the table
Sheffield Wednesday (away) 17th in the table
Reading (home) 19th in the table
Brentford (home) 11th in the table
Millwall (away) 10th in the table
Sunderland (home) 24th (bottom) in the table
Birmingham (away) 22nd in the table.

Obviously the results aren't a forgone conclusion but it would take a brave person to bet against them staking a claim.

They're all tricky games for different reasons.

Brentford and Millwall are London rivals and the games should be tight, mainly because these two teams are vying for bragging rights. Sheffield Wednesday, Reading and Leeds do not want to get sucked into the late relegation battle.. Norwich are still not mathematically incapable of making the playoffs, but it's doubtful. Birmingham are fighting for their lives at the bottom and Sunderland are all but down.

I think Wolverhampton Wanderers will win the league and looking at Cardiff City's remaining games, Fulham will remain in the playoffs rather than breaking into the top 2. I do think, however, they'll be the best placed team in the playoffs (considering they keep the run going) solely down to momentum.

If the season was to end today, with Fulham, Derby County, Middlesboro and Aston Villa in the playoff spots, I'd bet my money on Fulham winning the playoffs and advancing to the Premier League. The old (British) saying of "it's a funny old game" will come into this, obviously.. this is the reason why I think The Championship league is so much more exciting than the Premier League.

Tottenham flopping all over the place against Bournemouth

SO I ASK THOSE OF YOU IN THE KNOW ..... Are there certain PL Teams and Players that are known for their excessive flopping in attempt to draw penalty kicks or red/yellow cards? Tottenham was flopping all over the place yesterday; especially Son Heung-min.

(03-12-2018, 04:00 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(03-11-2018, 06:08 PM)DragonFury Wrote: It may not be the Premiership but I didn't want to start a new thread on it: Khan's other team has gone on a remarkable stretch over the past three months, they've won 11 of their past 14 games, tied the other three, and haven't lost since 16 December 2017. During that time they've climbed from 12th in the standings to 4th and might just be able to challenge for second place which would mean direct promotion to the premiership.

Considering their remaining 8 games left:

Obviously the results aren't a forgone conclusion but it would take a brave person to bet against them staking a claim.

Brentford and Millwall are London rivals and the games should be tight, mainly because these two teams are vying for bragging rights. Sheffield Wednesday, Reading and Leeds do not want to get sucked into the late relegation battle.. Norwich are still not mathematically incapable of making the playoffs, but it's doubtful. Birmingham are fighting for their lives at the bottom and Sunderland are all but down.

I think Wolverhampton Wanderers will win the league and looking at Cardiff City's remaining games, Fulham will remain in the playoffs rather than breaking into the top 2. I do think, however, they'll be the best placed team in the playoffs (considering they keep the run going) solely down to momentum.

If the season was to end today, with Fulham, Derby County, Middlesboro and Aston Villa in the playoff spots, I'd bet my money on Fulham winning the playoffs and advancing to the Premier League. The old (British) saying of "it's a funny old game" will come into this, obviously.. this is the reason why I think The Championship league is so much more exciting than the Premier League.

WOW  !!   I totally overlooked the progress of Fulham FC as they were stagnant around the 8-12 mark in the standings earlier in the year.   This is going to get fun and exciting.  It would be huge if they can get promoted to the PL; preferably as a #1 or #2 finish.  The 4-team playoffs scare me because, as was the case last year, all it takes is 1 bad call to lose a game via a penalty kick (see Fulham vs Reading 2017 --- it sucked) !!

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2018, 09:44 AM by DarloJAG84.)

(03-12-2018, 09:27 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Tottenham flopping all over the place against Bournemouth

SO I ASK THOSE OF YOU IN THE KNOW ..... Are there certain PL Teams and Players that are known for their excessive flopping in attempt to draw penalty kicks or red/yellow cards?  Tottenham was flopping all over the place yesterday; especially Son Heung-min.

Funnily enough, yes there are.

One of the worst ones for it is Dele Alli. He's an excellent player but has to cut that out of his game.

Son is bad too, as you rightly suggest.

Wilfried Zaha (Crystal Palace) is bad for it and is Raheem Sterling (Manchester City).

Tottenham Hotspur's manager has said to his players "if you sense contact, you should go down" - this is simulation and should be stamped out, not promoted.

Take the Manchester United v Liverpool game, there was an instance in which Salah was being pushed and pulled in the Manchester United penalty area, if he had gone down he would have (rightly) been awarded a penalty. However, he remained honest and stayed on his feet, the play fizzled out to nothing and no foul was given. For continuity, more players should have this attitude. I get that you can be awarded a penalty, but why go down if the challenge doesn't force you to do so? It's the very reason for why Soccer players get such a bad rep.

(03-12-2018, 09:32 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(03-12-2018, 04:00 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Considering their remaining 8 games left:

WOW  !!   I totally overlooked the progress of Fulham FC as they were stagnant around the 8-12 mark in the standings earlier in the year.   This is going to get fun and exciting.  It would be huge if they can get promoted to the PL; preferably as a #1 or #2 finish.  The 4-team playoffs scare me because, as was the case last year, all it takes is 1 bad call to lose a game via a penalty kick (see Fulham vs Reading 2017 --- it sucked) !!

Absolutely, luckily the playoff semi-finals are over two legs (home and away) with the second leg being decided by Extra Time and penalties if the game ends in a draw. So if you have a poor first leg, you can at least have a second chance at rectifying it.

The final, however is a lottery.

I'm not sure if you know the way it's set up, but for those who don't, the final table will show the top two in the Championship league get promoted automatically.. then 3rd plays 6th and 4th plays 5th both over two legs.. the winner of each plays each other at Wembley in the final with the winner advancing to the Premier League.

Last weeks results:

Manchester United 2-1 Liverpool
Newcastle 3-0 Southampton
Everton 2-0 Brighton
Huddersfield 0-0 Swansea
West Brom 1-4 Leicester
West Ham 0-3 Burnley
Chelsea 2-1 Crystal Palace
Arsenal 3-0 Bournemouth
Bournemouth 1-4 Tottenham
Stoke 0-2 Manchester City