Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
DT Ndamukong Suh to Rams - 1-year -$14M

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...eyear-deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Apparently the Rams didn't have enough headaches.
Signature goes here.

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2018, 06:27 PM by TheeKB.)

It says over $10mil, u head 14 somewhere else?

I think it most definitely would’ve been worth that to help our d-line stop the run. That’s our d’s biggest weakness. Anybody that disagrees can sit and watch with me as he and Donald wreak havoc up front like we could have. If I’m wrong I’ll admit it.

(03-26-2018, 06:23 PM)TheeKB Wrote: It says over $10mil, u head 14 somewhere else?

I think it most definitely would’ve been worth that to help our d-line stop the run. That’s our d’s biggest weakness. Anybody that disagrees can sit and watch with me as he and Donald wreak havoc up front like we could have. If I’m wrong I’ll admit it.

I thought Dareus did just fine in that aspect

(03-26-2018, 06:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 06:23 PM)TheeKB Wrote: It says over $10mil, u head 14 somewhere else?

I thought Dareus did just fine in that aspect

I hear u but we were 21st in the league

(03-26-2018, 06:32 PM)TheeKB Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 06:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I thought Dareus did just fine in that aspect

Overall. Once Dareus got here we were top 5-10 the rest of the season I believe
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(03-26-2018, 06:33 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 06:32 PM)TheeKB Wrote: I hear u but we were 21st in the league

Overall. Once Dareus got here we were top 5-10 the rest of the season I believe

This is correct.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I just don’t see any reason not to be better if at all possible. Our d-line is a pass rushing, edge stopping swarm of wasps BUT we are suspect up the middle and u know it. Suh pulls double duty A LOT, can u imagine the havoc!? I mean the packages u could run with that unit is crazy. U could plug Fowler in for Posluszny or have him stunt and drop back at mlb.
Starting lineup
LDE Ngakoue
LDT Jackson/Dareus
RDT Suh/Jones
RDE Campbell

Our bear package would be nuts. Showing a 5 man front
That could play as a legit 5 or go 4-3/3-4 without the blink of an eye... c’mon! Do I really have to try this much to sell it

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2018, 07:43 PM by Jaguarmeister.)

(03-26-2018, 06:32 PM)TheeKB Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 06:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I thought Dareus did just fine in that aspect

I did a thread on this a couple of months ago here:

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.php?tid=26512

I think you have to be mindful about how much money you spend at one position group. Our D-line is already the most expensive in the league according to Spotrac. I don't think signing Suh was given a second thought in the front office.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/positional/defensive-line/

Dareus is a former all pro. He now gets a full offseason leading up to game 1 to fully learn what he needs to and get comfortable. He played very well last season for us. Now he is probably looking at this as his prove it year, because he very well may be cut after the season for salary cap. He has plenty of motivation and has a lot of pieces around him to return to all pro.

We already got a bunch of money wrapped up in our dline.

I agree the Jaguars really don't need Sue, but the Rams can use him. I had the Jaguars and Rams so close that this transaction actually moved them over the Jaguars in my rankings.

Beleive it or not, I have the Jaguars now is first place in the AFC, but in 5th place overall behind four NFC teams. Meanwhile my bottom six teams are all AFC teams.
'02

(03-26-2018, 06:56 PM)TheeKB Wrote: I just don’t see any reason not to be better if at all possible. Our d-line is a pass rushing, edge stopping swarm of wasps BUT we are suspect up the middle and u know it. Suh pulls double duty A LOT, can u imagine the havoc!? I mean the packages u could run with that unit is crazy. U could plug Fowler in for Posluszny or have him stunt and drop back at mlb.
Starting lineup
LDE Ngakoue
LDT Jackson/Dareus
RDT Suh/Jones
RDE Campbell

Our bear package would be nuts. Showing a 5 man front
That could play as a legit 5 or go 4-3/3-4 without the blink of an eye... c’mon! Do I really have to try this much to sell it

a) We were fine against the run once we acquired Dareus.
b) Where is the money supposed to come from, especially since we have a boatload tied up at DT already?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

This is arguable but Suh might not even be a starter if he were on the jags right now.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(03-27-2018, 07:42 AM)Achilles Wrote: This is arguable but Suh might not even be a starter if he were on the jags right now.

He'd be the best DT on our team soo

He wouldn't be the best.
Huh

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2018, 07:59 AM by JackCity.)

(03-27-2018, 07:53 AM)Monty Wrote: He wouldn't be the best.

Malik is great but not quite on Suh's level. Either way, Suh would easily start for us lmao.

Suh was a beast with the Lions....not so much with Miami.

What's the over/under on minutes played before his first Unsportsmanlike?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.