Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Annual Site Wide Mock

The Chargers make that scary defense even better and draft Justin Reid , safety from Stanford (brother of Eric Reid).

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The Colts were very close to taking Jaire Alexander with one of their two earlier 2nd rounders and are thrilled that he lasted to this pick.

They are surprised that they haven't drafted an olineman yet but strongly believe they have added four 1st round talents with Derwin James. DJ Moore, Rashaan Evans. and Jaire Alexander.

The good thing is we will dominate them again as they have done nothing to help their 2 weakest and most important parts of a team other than QB. The dline and oline will get destroyed again win they play us, nice. Thanks upper

(03-30-2018, 08:19 AM)Upper Wrote: The Colts were very close to taking Jaire Alexander with one of their two earlier 2nd rounders and are thrilled that he lasted to this pick.

They are surprised that they haven't drafted an olineman yet but strongly believe they have added four 1st round talents with Derwin James. DJ Moore, Rashaan Evans. and Jaire Alexander.

If Malik Hooker can fully recover from the blown ACL, adding him to Derwin James and Jaire Alexander would give the Colts an outstanding secondary.

Not as good as ours or the Rams at CB, but good enough at CB and better at S.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2018, 09:02 AM by Bullseye.)

(03-29-2018, 06:48 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Finally!

Redskins have been waiting to select.... Hayden Hurst. TE. SC.

Alex Smith needs a reliable weapon because we all know Jordan Reed will be hurt.

That would be a good pickup for the Skins but I would hate it because that's a guy I'd want for the Jags.

(03-30-2018, 07:25 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: The Bengals are dancing in the aisles. The draft has gone exactly how they had hoped and now, they can fill the biggest need on the team with a player they had a low first round grade on. With their second round selection, the Cincinnati Bengals pick Center Frank Ragnow of Arkansas. He will immediately take over the starting Center duties from the departed Russell Bodine.

He would be a nice get for the Bengals.  The reconstruction of their OL would be complete.

(03-30-2018, 07:57 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: The Arizona Cardinals select.... WR DJ Chark.

John Brown. Gone. Jeron Brown. Gone. Offense needs some weapons.

If this happened in real life, the only thing that would keep me from spewing profanity would be the knowledge that the Jaguars got Ridley at 29.

I am now on the Chark bandwagon, and he would be one of the sprint to the podium guys for me now.

(03-28-2018, 08:04 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Really hope the draft doesn’t end up like this for the colts.

They have added good players in this scenario.

My thing is they still need help on both lines.

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2018, 09:26 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(03-30-2018, 08:58 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [quote='TheO-LineMatters' pid='1116404' dateline='1522409104']
The Bengals are dancing in the aisles. The draft has gone exactly how they had hoped and now, they can fill the biggest need on the team with a player they had a low first round grade on. With their second round selection, the Cincinnati Bengals pick Center Frank Ragnow of Arkansas. He will immediately take over the starting Center duties from the departed Russell Bodine.

He would be a nice get for the Bengals.  The reconstruction of their OL would be complete.

I don't know about complete. I still have very little faith in Ogbuehi or Fisher when it comes to manning the RT position and RG could use some competition as well. The left side is good with Glenn, Boling and Ragnow, but we lack any depth all along the O-Line.

(03-30-2018, 07:25 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: The Bengals are dancing in the aisles. The draft has gone exactly how they had hoped and now, they can fill the biggest need on the team with a player they had a low first round grade on. With their second round selection, the Cincinnati Bengals pick Center Frank Ragnow of Arkansas. He will immediately take over the starting Center duties from the departed Russell Bodine.

Damn, I missed this.

(03-30-2018, 09:24 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-30-2018, 08:58 AM)Bullseye Wrote:

I don't know about complete. I still have very little faith in Ogbuehi or Fisher when it comes to manning the RT position and RG could use some competition as well. The left side is good with Glenn, Boling and Ragnow, but we lack any depth all along the O-Line.
Well, at the very least the OL should be competent, if not complete.
Dalton could have a chance to succeed behind this line, as could any RB on the Bengals.

(03-30-2018, 12:43 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-29-2018, 11:28 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Looks like the Packers and NYC4jags is on the clock.

Green Bay Packers select: 
Tim Settle DT 
[/url]
[url=http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/tim-settle?id=2560190]T
IM SETTLE  DT

Anybody wanna vote on changing this packers pick to Ronnie Harrison - SS  ? 

I meant to go safety or edge for the packers, big big dummy over here took the guy he was eyeing for the falcons pick after chugging a few beers last night.

*hiccup*  #armchairGMfail

(03-30-2018, 10:23 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-30-2018, 12:43 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Green Bay Packers select: 
Tim Settle DT 
[/url]
[url=http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/tim-settle?id=2560190]T
IM SETTLE  DT

Anybody wanna vote on changing this packers pick to Ronnie Harrison - SS  ? 

I meant to go safety or edge for the packers, big big dummy over here took the guy he was eyeing for the falcons pick after chugging a few beers last night.

The Packers really need to get their edge rush on, and there are three potential first round picks still available with Arden Key, Sam Hubbard and Lorenzo Alexander. I'm thinking you could get one of them.

In the meantime, the Cowboys are up and they desperately want Ronnie Harrison so they can finally replace Barry Church.

If I can't get Harrison, I'll have to make a tough choice between  S Jesse Bates, DE Arden Key or WR James Washington.

'02

(03-30-2018, 10:45 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(03-30-2018, 10:23 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Anybody wanna vote on changing this packers pick to Ronnie Harrison - SS  ? 

The Packers really need to get their edge rush on, and there are three potential first round picks still available with Arden Key, Sam Hubbard and Lorenzo Alexander. I'm thinking you could get one of them.

In the meantime, the Cowboys are up and they desperately want Ronnie Harrison so they can finally replace Barry Church.

If I can't get Harrison, I'll have to make a tough choice between  S Jesse Bates, DE Arden Key or WR James Washington.

I'd be fine with Arden Key to the packers / Harrison to the cowboys if the commish is willing to make the change and no one objects.

(03-30-2018, 11:10 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

I'd be fine with Arden Key to the packers / Harrison to the cowboys if the commish is willing to make the change and no one objects.

I went ahead and updated the draft with Key and Harrison.

The Lions and knarnn are now on the clock

'02

(03-30-2018, 11:10 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

I'm good with it

Key has too many red flags for me.

Lions grab Lorenzo Carter, LB, UGA
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(03-30-2018, 12:24 PM)JackCity Wrote: Key has too many red flags for me.

Yeah, he's a gamble for sure, but he's got the best upside of the pass rushers graded in that range. 

Much more talent than Carter to me - who is more of the lunch-pail type that may or not make an impact. 

I tend to gamble toward natural ability in such instances. 

Listening to DC Montgomery talk about Pettine's defense it sounds like an athletic guy like Key could be schemed in year one in some creative ways. (talks of multiple looks and "guys flying around") 
Pettine and Montgomery also seem like they'll take a pretty hard nosed approach as well - which may light a fire under the kid.

Jags02, can you make a list of the next 5 spots that need to draft. I'm at work and I'd like to stay on the latest page.

Thanks man. Love your lists by the way

(03-30-2018, 03:17 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Jags02, can you make a list of the next 5 spots that need to draft. I'm at work and I'd like to stay on the latest page.

Thanks man. Love your lists by the way

20 (52). Baltimore Ravens, JNev
21 (53). Buffalo Bills, flgatorsandjags
22 (54). Kansas City Chiefs, JagFanatic24
23 (55). Carolina Panthers, JNev
24 (56). Buffalo Bills from Los Angeles Rams, flgatorsandjags

Thanks for the compliment on my lists.
'02

Chiefs are on the phones....