Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL Network: Best QB in the AFC South?

NFL Network Morning Crew discussed The best QB in the AFC south,/ And even though Blake is in the AFC South and won the division last year. Does not even get a mention.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap...m=referral

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-11-2018, 02:06 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: NFL Network Morning Crew discussed The best QB in the AFC south,/ And even though Blake is in the AFC South and won the division last year. Does not even get a mention.

This surprises you how???
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(04-11-2018, 02:06 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: NFL Network Morning Crew discussed The best QB in the AFC south,/ And even though Blake is in the AFC South and won the division last year. Does not even get a mention.

They don't think Blake is the best QB in the division if Luck and Watson are 100% healthy. 

They are probably right, but I'm way more cautious about crowning Watson the way many have been. 
6.5 games in the NFL is a small sample to make up your mind on a player. Especially a QB.   I need to be convinced he'll be able to keep that up when the better defenses have more tape and a gameplan for him.

If all 4 QBs are healthy, Blake is probably the 3rd best or a fringe 2nd candidate.

Am i missing something??? i thought availability is the main ability in evaluating players. Soooo Blake has played through injury and lead us to the AFC Ship and he's not even mentioned, or 3rd best as a poster suggested. Time to cut on madden to understand this logic more in depth.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(04-11-2018, 02:51 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Am i missing something??? i thought availability is the main ability in evaluating players.  Soooo Blake has played through injury and lead us to the AFC Ship and he's not even mentioned, or 3rd best as a poster suggested.  Time to cut on madden to understand this logic more in depth.

Yes. 

The morning show hosts said "if they are all at 100% health" early in the discussion.

(04-11-2018, 02:51 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Am i missing something??? i thought availability is the main ability in evaluating players.  Soooo Blake has played through injury and lead us to the AFC Ship and he's not even mentioned, or 3rd best as a poster suggested.  Time to cut on madden to understand this logic more in depth.

It has nothing to do with Madden dude...
If all QBs are healthy, Luck is easily the best QB.
Now Blake could be in conversation for the 2nd depending on how you view Mariota/Watson.

Going into the next season though, I like Blake being healthy and in the 2nd year of the same system.
Whereas Watson is learning a new playbook coming back from injury and Luck is coming back from injury.
I'm not a fan of Ms. Mary, she's my 4th QB in the division regardless of anything.

Even 100% healthy i would take BB5 over the other 3. Watson does not have enough experience yet, Marriota is not as good as BB5 and luck is vastly over hyped about how good he is.

I couldn't care less who the QB is or what anybody thinks of them as long as we get to the Super Bowl.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-11-2018, 03:03 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: Even 100% healthy i would take BB5 over the other 3. Watson does not have enough experience yet, Marriota is not as good as BB5 and luck is vastly over hyped about how good he is.

Before shoulder injuries derailed him Luck was playing pretty dang good football.
The only question is will he ever get back to that point... I have my doubts.

I also have my doubts about Watson...

However... it's easy to see why people wouldn't credit Blake as the best QB... he has had numerous issues with consistency, accuracy, and turnovers.
And his best games this past season where over shadowed by clunkers in between.

Luck has the better resume and Watson is being sold on his potential and promise, basically ignoring the idea the ACL injury will have any impact.
Which is why I said Bortles could be viewed as a fringe 2nd best QB in the division.

But... the talk shows are gonna talk about the big bang stuff that Watson showed in most games last year
*cough cough, in garbage time, cough cough*

(04-11-2018, 03:02 PM)Kane Wrote:

It has nothing to do with Madden dude...
Now Blake could be in conversation for the 2nd depending on how you view Mariota/Watson.

Going into the next season though, I like Blake being healthy and in the 2nd year of the same system.
Whereas Watson is learning a new playbook coming back from injury and Luck is coming back from injury.
I'm not a fan of Ms. Mary, she's my 4th QB in the division regardless of anything.

How is luck easily better if hes healthy? Just because espn and nfl network say he is the second coming does not make it true. His stats when he was heallthy are not much better then BB5. Im just not convinced he is as good as advertised he played against a very week divison his first few seasons.

Luck 5 years                          BB5 4 years

TD -Int     132-68                                     90-64
COMP %    59.2                                         59.1
YARDS     19,078                                      14,928
P RAT.       87.3                                          80.8

(04-11-2018, 03:03 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: Even 100% healthy i would take BB5 over the other 3. Watson does not have enough experience yet, Marriota is not as good as BB5 and luck is vastly over hyped about how good he is.

If Blake had about 5 more games last year in which he played the way he did vs Baltimore, Seattle and Indy, then you'd have my ear on this one.  Unfortunately, he was still a bit of a roller coaster ride in terms of consistency in his accuracy and decisions. 

He's tough as nails, he took a big step, and I tend to think he'll take another one in 2018, but I just couldn't take him over a healthy Luck at this point.  

Watson is a tougher call for me due to the sample size and Mariota doesn't move the needle for me at all. Don't trust him to stay healthy or protect the ball. 
I'd say it's be a toss-up between Watson and Blake right now for me to be second on that list.

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2018, 03:24 PM by JAGFAN88.)

Looks like luck is almost exactly as consistent and accurate as BB5 LOL and if we add all the drops Blake has thrown his completion % might eclipse Lucks Tongue

Not surprising at all. Especially when they're all healthy. Luck inherited a dumpster fire for a franchise and still managed to go 3 - 3 in the play-offs during his first three years. This is with no running game, no offensive line, no defense and maybe just T.Y Hilton to boast on the outside. Has he been Peyton Manning? No. But to be 43 - 27 with a 3 - 3 play-off record at the age of 27 while missing a ton of time and playing through brutal injuries over the last two years is still pretty damn impressive. When he's at 100% we should all be concerned.

Watson was playing like he was on track to win OROY before the ACL injury that landed him on IR. He has a ton of potential. Clearly the ability is there. But as NYC pointed out. It's too early to crown the kid. Not enough tape on him yet. Still has a lot to prove in year two. And that leaves Mariota. In all honesty. I think he's a little overrated. He regressed a lot last year and for the most part he's been carried by a strong running game, a stout offensive line and a defense that has gotten better each year since he's been there. Bortles and him are about the same QB IMHO. But I give Bortles a slight edge because he played better than Mariota last year.

For me, when everybody is healthy, it would look like this right now:

1. Andrew Luck - When he's healthy he's a threat. May be a bigger threat with Reich as the head coach bringing over a KC/PHI style offense.
2. Blake Bortles - Progressed nicely and should improve on 2017. Hackett and Marrone seem to have a good plan to support him and his skill set.
3. Marcus Mariota - Neck and neck with Blake but he regressed in 2017 and I think Blake will be better. Especially with Vrabel there for the first time coaching that team.
4. Deshaun Watson - Showed a lot of flashes in a short amount of time but he won't be a surprise or rookie sensation in 2018 anymore and they're also changing the offense on him this year.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I feel sorry for Luck, recovering shoulder injury and he's going to get smashed again behind the Indy line. I see him having a mediocre year, assuming he makes it through it.

If all four are healthy, that's a pretty strong group of starters as a whole.

Wasn't long ago you weren't able to say that.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(04-11-2018, 03:19 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(04-11-2018, 03:02 PM)Kane Wrote: It has nothing to do with Madden dude...

How is luck easily better if hes healthy? Just because espn and nfl network say he is the second coming does not make it true. His stats when he was heallthy are not much better then BB5. Im just not convinced he is as good as advertised he played against a very week divison his first few seasons.

Well according to your own data, Blake would have to throw 42 TDs to 4 interceptions next year to catch Luck. That alone seems like a clear answer if everything else is equal.

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2018, 05:17 PM by JAGFAN88.)

(04-11-2018, 05:03 PM)rufftime Wrote:
(04-11-2018, 03:19 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: How is luck easily better if hes healthy? Just because espn and nfl network say he is the second coming does not make it true. His stats when he was heallthy are not much better then BB5. Im just not convinced he is as good as advertised he played against a very week divison his first few seasons.

Well according to your own data, Blake would have to throw 42 TDs to 4 interceptions next year to catch Luck.  That alone seems like a clear answer if everything else is equal.
I'll give you that, wont mention that we where a very low scoring team and it was a team effort not just blake as to why we didnt score more TDs. But if that is the only difference in those stats it just Confirms that Luck is not easily better then BB5 but they are similar in yards and completeion percentage and qb rating. My point is that Given if they all where healthy i think Blake is the best QB, but i will admit i have a biased against Luck because i have never seen him perform to the Goat level that the networks put on him, and some here believe in.

(04-11-2018, 03:19 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(04-11-2018, 03:02 PM)Kane Wrote: It has nothing to do with Madden dude...

Taking your figures at face value Luck has thrown for 42 more TDs and about 4000 more yards missing all of last year.

It's no contest.

Now granted, Bortles has had some bad teams and bad coaching, but just looking at the raw numbers, it's huge advantage Luck.

The question now is if Luck will ever be healthy enough to physically approximate his performance his first four years. 

I doubt he will.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2018, 05:56 PM by Jags.)

From what I’ve seen, he’s 3rd best....at best.   Come on, we run the ball and play calling itself shows the confidence the team has.   I’m really hoping lye improves and the fixed wrist helps him.  I really want him to succeed.   But I’m calling it now,  we ain’t going to the AFC Championship Game

Don’t be a baby.