Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags Select Taven Bryant

We are in win now mode, and they pick a DT? Wow.

When will he play? Preseason? Maybe a camp body?

Seriously man. We got Dareus, Jackson, Yannick, Campbell, Fowler, etc. We dont need a DT.

This reminds me of the year Gene Smith picked 2 DT's back to back. 

Im having flashbacks of Tyson Alualu. We needed offense.  Wow, I cant believe this pick.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We need to resign Yannick next year. Marcel and Jackson are both going to be too expensive. One of them HAS to go. I think this is a solid pick. The kid can play.
BORTLES ISN'T A FRANCHISE QB. FOURNETTE WILL BE A BUST.

Just relax, half of the first rounders in each draft become washed up anyway. Let's see how they do the rest of the rounds

I admit, I don't know much about the guy. That said, I don't love this pick one bit.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

This IMO was one of the best decisions we could've made. Our D is what had us at 10-6 last year, why not continue to bolster it? It gives us added depth and a cheap plan for the future.

I like it long term, but it does feel like we are just rolling last years team minus a couple guys back out there again.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Relax your kacks.

He's Malik Jacksons/Calais Campbell's replacement (which we need).

He's was top of their board and is one of the freakiest athletes we have seen at his spot.

https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/9897...57152?s=19

Maybe jags plan to make him a middle linebacker since paul retired.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Lots of big salaries looming on defense. This pick eases the pain of letting a talented vet walk to clear cap space.

Plus - let's not forget Coughlin's Brady-beating strategy with the giants... waves of pass rushers. Endless waves of pass rushers.

No. 29 overall: Jaguars select DT Taven Bryan

http://prod.www.jaguars.clubs.nfl.com/ne...bb5edb693f

With the No. 29 overall selection in the 2018 NFL Draft, the Jaguars select Florida defensive tackle Taven Bryan

Terrible pick. Blake needs all the protection he can get. Had stud OL avaliable. Pathetic

2nd round, Hernandez is still there, and the Jaguars draft Harold landry, defense defense defense

(04-26-2018, 11:38 PM)JackCity Wrote: Relax your kacks.

He's was top of their board and is one of the freakiest athletes we have seen at his spot.

Is there a list of the 10 ahead of him? Just to see what their careers were like.

(04-26-2018, 11:38 PM)JackCity Wrote: Relax your kacks.

He's not a sexy pick at all but it gives the jaguars a lot of flexibility and he could turn out to be a stud. He's got a pretty high floor and a very high ceiling. 

Here's hoping for something like gesicki in Rd 2.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(04-26-2018, 11:41 PM)BklynJag Wrote: Terrible pick. Blake needs all the protection he can get. Had stud OL avaliable. Pathetic

The drafts not over crybaby

This guy sucks. What. The. Heck.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2018, 12:29 AM by B2hibry.)

I like the pick. It shows good vision toward the future. Caldwell wants sustained success and this makes the inevitable high price releases less painful. Honestly, not sure who you pick in that spot besides him. He’s pretty highly rated at his position. The jags make their money on the later rounds. We’ll see value picks on the O side.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

I don't get why people think this is the end of the world.

This DL is really expensive and will HAVE to have a cut or two next year. Now we will have a super talented athlete with a year under his belt in the system to take over

No TE was worth picking this early. I can see the disappointment for people who wanted Hernandez, but there are starters out there that can be found at that position in round 3

A- grade for the pick on NFL.com

I picked him in our board mock draft for Philly. He’s a Calais clone and future pro bowler.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."