Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Are we still fans of BAP drafting?

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2018, 01:15 PM by knarnn.)

(04-27-2018, 01:10 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 11:42 AM)this guys is an athletic freak.  yes, freak.  Freak is usually overused but it fits the bill perfectly. Wrote: he's raw, but hoping that playing next to Calais Campbell, Yannick, Malik etc make him learn some good moves/countermoves... combined with his athleticism and it could be scary

Should we start calling him Baby JJ Watt?

JJ Watt was actually his nickname at UF.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-27-2018, 01:14 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 01:10 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Should we start calling him Baby JJ Watt?

Too bad none of that showed up on the actual football field.

His dad was a Navy Seal. He had no choice but to become who he is.

Makes me like him even that much more.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(04-27-2018, 03:32 PM)pirkster Wrote: His dad was a Navy Seal.  He had no choice but to become who he is.

Makes me like him even that much more.

I don't put much faith in a Tier 2 SF'er.

(04-27-2018, 11:54 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 11:45 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: And that's how teams fail.

He wasn't even impressive in his highlight reel. Against scrubs.

Yep. Those DE’s who get tons of sacks and QBs who throw for 45 TDs in college always succeed in the pros. Because they had good stats in college means they always perform well

Exactly.  Its 32 1st round picks with at least 10 that have great college stats.  Superstars are often developed and alot of times unknown(not top 5 or drafted rd 1).   I guess we're waiting on these dozens of apparent superstars to wake up in years 5-10, if ever.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2018, 03:50 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(04-27-2018, 11:38 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Depends, this year yes! we have the luxury of drafting BAP right now.

No we don't. We are a year or so away from being able to do that. We have immediate needs at OG, TE and LB.

I've always believed you take the BAP at a position of need in the first 3 rounds and from there, you take the BAP at any position.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2018, 03:52 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

On topic, Im cool with BAP. Seeing so many players i thought would go rd 1 fall to 2, and seeing the price tags of the trades to move up. I think we are in a good position to move up, if need be, to grab a certain player we like.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

I have never seen so many Wendy Whiners in Jagsland before. Mike Mayock ranks him 26th best in draft. Daniel Jeremiah ranks him 24th best in draft. Draftscout.com has him as the 22nd best player in the draft. CBSsports has him as the 17th best player. And the list of respected analysts (and former scouts) goes on and on giving Taven Bryan rankings better than the Jag's 29th. The Jag's scouting department, with TC and DC leading, made a BAP call that will benefit this year rotationally, and provide DL cap flexibility next year. They also made the decision as he is a good player with tremendous upside. Everyone is entitled to their negative opinion, but the majority of professionals with far greater resources to make informed decisions disagree.

I’m good with it. People forget aside from ARob, this team was extremely fortunate with injuries. A missed game here or there, yes, but no major injuries. Foolish to expect that amazing feat this year. God forbid we lose a DLineman to injury for the year at least we have a great backup.
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

This was BAP at 29.  He should have gone higher.   Look how this guy moves at the combine. Look at his moves and change of direction, is better than most LBs and he is 290+lbs.   I'm getting goosebumps.  Jags got a baller.

(04-27-2018, 03:56 PM)ATLjag Wrote: I have never seen so many Wendy Whiners in Jagsland before.  Mike Mayock ranks him 26th best in draft.  Daniel Jeremiah ranks him 24th best in draft.  Draftscout.com has him as the 22nd best player in the draft.  CBSsports has him as the 17th best player.  And the list of respected analysts (and former scouts) goes on and on giving Taven Bryan rankings better than the Jag's 29th.  The Jag's scouting department, with TC and DC leading, made a BAP call that will benefit this year rotationally, and provide DL cap flexibility next year.  They also made the decision as he is a good player with tremendous upside.  Everyone is entitled to their negative opinion, but the majority of professionals with far greater resources to make informed decisions disagree.

Those guys probably just never watched his highlight tapes though. He didn't get a sack on every single play! Bust!

Best available player is the only way to go if you want your team to have long term success.

I'm a fan of the junction, where top end talent meets need
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(04-27-2018, 01:14 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 01:10 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Should we start calling him Baby JJ Watt?

His nickname was Wyoming Wild Man because of the way he plays

(04-27-2018, 06:54 PM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: I'm a fan of the junction, where top end talent meets need

This is clearly the right answer.

If you drafted purely on talent and ignored need you could end up drafting seven defensive tackles.

Need must come into the equation and the concern over the Bryan pick is that there were simply bigger immediate needs.

I guess we find out when the team takes the field this season.

BAP is fine. The pick was good. You aren't going to get an electric pick like Fournette every draft.

Yes - BAP is the key to building a talented roster. Of course you aren't going to draft 7 defensive tackles in one year, but you don't want to pass on a top prospect for someone less talented.  The draft is for the long haul.

(04-27-2018, 06:54 PM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: I'm a fan of the junction, where top end talent meets need

And here's the right answer.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Most teams would love to be in Jacksonville's place right now. To have the luxury to draft BAP is a step in the right direction. Hell, I don't remember a time the Jags were this flush with talent.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Big Biggups Brothers
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~