Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Should The Jaguars Be Actively Shopping Shorts Right Now, Like Cleveland Is Allegedly Doing With Josh Gordon?

Quote:I'd wait until we play the Rams game to believe that 1st sentence. 

Also, right now it seems the Tampa Bay Bucs remain a serious threat for the first overall pick. 

And if they're bad enough to get the first pick you really think they'll pass on Bridgewater? Especially after the Rams traded out of the #2 pick they could have had RG3? 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:And if they're bad enough to get the first pick you really think they'll pass on Bridgewater? Especially after the Rams traded out of the #2 pick they could have had RG3? 

HUh?....I'm the one saying that if the Rams get the 1st overall pick they will take Bridgewater. Bradford sucks. He's had enough time to develop and he's not. 

Quote:HUh?....I'm the one saying that if the Rams get the 1st overall pick they will take Bridgewater. Bradford sucks. He's had enough time to develop and he's not. 

If they're as serious threats to the #1 spot as you think, what makes you believe that if they get it they'll trade out of that spot to pass on Bridgewater?

Which would mean they passed on Bridgewater for some extra picks. 

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2013, 10:04 AM by Cleatwood.)

Quote:If they're as serious threats to the #1 spot as you think, what makes you believe that if they get it they'll trade out of that spot to pass on Bridgewater?

Don't the Rams already have a win? and they play us next week so that automatically gives them 2 wins... They won't have the #1 pick but the Bucs have a legit chance.

Bucs have an ok defense and Doug Martin so they probably win 1 game

Quote:If they're as serious threats to the #1 spot as you think, what makes you believe that if they get it they'll trade out of that spot to pass on Bridgewater?

....I see what you are saying. 

So, thus making any extra picks garnered for Shorts as meaningless. 

Its a good point. 

I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens this week first. 

The trade deadline is the end of October, so theres still plenty of time. 

Quote:Don't the Rams already have a win? and they play us next week so that automatically gives them 2 wins... They won't have the #1 pick but the Bucs have a legit chance

Yeah. The Bucs are a train wreck right now, unfortunately for us. 

The Jaguars should be shopping everyone they can that isn't a core player moving forward.

That goes for Gabbert, that goes for Marcedes, that goes for anyone on the offensive line except the tackles, that goes for any of the WRs (if the price is right).

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2013, 10:08 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:The Jaguars should be shopping everyone they can that isn't a core player moving forward.

That goes for Gabbert, that goes for Marcedes, that goes for anyone on the offensive line except the tackles, that goes for any of the WRs (if the price is right).

I totally agree. 

and by core players at this point, I mean Blackmon, Joeckel &.... ???

Quote:The Jaguars should be shopping everyone they can that isn't a core player moving forward.

Hahaha Now who is going to give us a bag of Cool Ranch Dorritos for Gabbert?

Quote:Hahaha Now who is going to give us a bag of Cool Ranch Dorritos for Gabbert?

Well...there's something in a container with a growth on it in my roommates fridge...I'll trade that for Gabbert deal?

Quote:Hahaha Now who is going to give us a bag of Cool Ranch Dorritos for Gabbert?
The Jaguars got a pick last year for Mike Thomas.

I'm sure if Caldwell is any good he can find someone to give the Jaguars something for him.

I saw some really bad signs from him yesterday. He started off like he was normal. Threw the ball down the field a lot, then once Shorts betrayed him a couple of times he stopped trying to pass it. Maybe I'm wrong and no one at all was open and all he could do was run into sacks, but I didn't like what I saw.

Quote:The Jaguars got a pick last year for Mike Thomas.

I'm sure if Caldwell is any good he can find someone to give the Jaguars something for him.

I saw some really bad signs from him yesterday. He started off like he was normal. Threw the ball down the field a lot, then once Shorts betrayed him a couple of times he stopped trying to pass it. Maybe I'm wrong and no one at all was open and all he could do was run into sacks, but I didn't like what I saw.
I highly doubt that. Who in the world would want Gabbert on their team?

It's funny how quickly you change your Gabbert tune after one game.

We will lose to the Rams.  Don't worry.

Quote:I highly doubt that. Who in the world would want Gabbert on their team?

It's funny how quickly you change your Gabbert tune after one game.

He's still the more entertaining guy to watch than Henne. At least he tried to throw it down the field when he got a 1v1 coverage. Henne is too much dink and dunk.

The difference is the Jaguars might actually get a late round pick for Gabbert, they definitely won't get anything for Henne.

Quote:He's still the more entertaining guy to watch than Henne. At least he tried to throw it down the field when he got a 1v1 coverage. Henne is too much dink and dunk.

The difference is the Jaguars might actually get a late round pick for Gabbert, they definitely won't get anything for Henne.
You realize that Gabbert hasn't led the team on any TD drives right? Not even in garbage time... Henne atleast did that against the Seahawks in Seattle. Not sure how it is more entertaining to watch Gabbert not score TD's than it is to watch Henne score some in Garbage time.

They both suck tho... Teddy time!

Quote:You realize that Gabbert hasn't led the team on any TD drives right? Not even in garbage time... Henne atleast did that against the Seahawks in Seattle. Not sure how it is more entertaining to watch Gabbert not score TD's than it is to watch Henne score some in Garbage time.

They both suck tho... Teddy time!
Who cares?

I'm not going to pin it on Gabbert that Shorts dropped two passes in the endzone anyway.

Henne is Garbage, he shouldn't have even made the roster. At least Gabbert looked like he was trying before he lost his trust in the WRs.

Quote:Who cares?

I'm not going to pin it on Gabbert that Shorts dropped two passes in the endzone anyway.

Henne is Garbage, he shouldn't have even made the roster. At least Gabbert looked like he was trying before he lost his trust in the WRs.
I'm sure a lot of players try hard... They just suck

Freeman for Shorts--straight up.  From the Michael Scott book of negotiating, it's win/win/win  Wallbash

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2013, 07:53 AM by David4499.)

Trade Gus Bradley for someone that knows how to win.... PLEASE!!!!!!

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

After seeing the Monroe deal, I now retract my wanting to trade Shorts, because knowing Caldwell, he'd probably take another teams latest 7th rounder in return for Shorts and come away thinking he got a great deal!!!

smh.... :angry: