Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "Let's talk about"

Larry's Giant Subs makes a hot sandwich called a Chicago Italian Beef that is a toasted roll containing thinly sliced roast beef, hot giardiniera peppers and an au jus for dipping.

I'll kill for a good Reuben.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Larry's Giant Subs makes a hot sandwich called a Chicago Italian Beef that is a toasted roll containing thinly sliced roast beef, hot giardiniera peppers and an au jus for dipping.

I'll kill for a good Reuben.

I love a good Cuban sandwich...they're my favorite!!

How's your trip going?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

MMMMMmmmm, we have a place around my area that makes a really good Cuban sandwich . Its an old style market. All their food is Delicious!!!

Quote:MMMMMmmmm, we have a place around my area that makes a really good Cuban sandwich . Its an old style market. All their food is Delicious!!!

It's a sandwich full of pork...what's not to love?? Love

Quote:I love a good Cuban sandwich...they're my favorite!!

Dang.  Now I'm hungry!  I'm a sucker for a good cuban sammich.  

Quote:Dang.  Now I'm hungry!  I'm a sucker for a good cuban sammich.

Darn it...Now I am too!!! Sad

I wish Jax had a better selection of Cuban places...

Quote:I wish Jax had a better selection of Cuban places...
Yeah. Is Havana Jax still around down there? 

I must admit -  I can get a very authentic cuban sammich pretty easily up here.  Smile

This place actually will deliver to my apt. :

Quote: 

<ul class="">[*]

<div style="margin:0px;font-weight:700;font-size:14px;color:rgb(17,90,60);">Sandwich Cubano
(Pork, Ham, Swiss Cheese, Dill Pickles, Mustard)
<p style="font-size:14px;"> 

</div>

[*]

<div style="margin:0px;font-weight:700;font-size:14px;color:rgb(17,90,60);">Cubano Especial
(Smoked Ham, Pork, Swiss Cheese, Pickles, Mustard)

</div>

[*]

<div style="margin:0px;font-weight:700;font-size:14px;color:rgb(17,90,60);">Media Noche
(Cuban Sandwich on Sweet Egg Dough Bread)

</div>

[*]

<div style="margin:0px;font-weight:700;font-size:14px;color:rgb(17,90,60);">Pan con Ropa Vieja
(Tender Shredded Flank Steak on Pressed Cuban Bread)

</div>

[*]

<div style="margin:0px;font-weight:700;font-size:14px;color:rgb(17,90,60);">Pan con Lechon
(Slow Cooked Tender Pork on Pressed Cuban Bread)

</div>

</ul> 
<ul class="">[*]

[*]

</ul>

Quote:Yeah. Is Havana Jax still around down there? 

I must admit -  I can get a very authentic cuban sammich pretty easily up here.  Smile

•  

•  

I hate you right now!!! Tongue

Yes, Havana Jax is still here, and the food is still good, but they have been trying to take it a little more upscale there the past few years since they've added the Cuba Libre lounge next to it. Not really somewhere to just pop in for a quick sandwich... Sad

Quote: 

Yeah. Is Havana Jax still around down there? 

• <div style="margin:0px;font-size:15px;">

•  

</div>

Thats actually pretty cheap for NYC,,,,,

Quote:I love a good Cuban sandwich...they're my favorite!!

How's your trip going?

So far so good.  Getting settled in now.  The time difference isn't too bad because the flight arrived in the evening, so I got a good night's sleep to start off.  I needed it because I don't sleep well on planes, which means I was awake for about 30 hours.  You know that kind of tired; when your mind drifts for just a second and the next thing you know your head is falling forward.  

Now I have to go get some cheap perv shots for DragonFury...

I make Cuban sammiches at home for the kids.  They love 'em.  Some good hoagie rolls, thinly sliced deli ham, Swiss cheese, pickles, and a hot griddle.  Good stuff.

I love the Beef Bad Hombre pita at European Street. I always have thoughts of trying something else when I go in there and end up getting the same sandwich/pita 90% of the time.

Roast beef, jalapenos, spicy mustard. Yum. Your sinuses will be clear when you're done.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:I love the Beef Bad Hombre pita at European Street. I always have thoughts of trying something else when I go in there and end up getting the same sandwich/pita 90% of the time.

Roast beef, jalapenos, spicy mustard. Yum. Your sinuses will be clear when you're done.
I like that one too.  The Hombre - The Smokerscmitt and the Blue Max are my go-to's at E-street.  

(anyone remember Mr. Dunderbox?) 

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2014, 03:35 PM by Deacon.)

Grilled Cheese with Pastrami on rye.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Fire up the skillet and cook some red onions in a brown ale. I tried Guinness once, but it didn't come out as nice as with the Newcastle Brown.

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Once the onions are soft, drain out the used beer, slice the pastrami into strips and then add to the skillet. Let it cook on low so that the pastrami can absorb some of the flavor.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Next, pile some Jarlsberg cheese mixed with gouda and some swiss, all of it shredded and put it on both slices of bread.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Put the sandwich together with the pastrami-onion mix in between the cheese. Put the whole thing on a Foreman to toast the bread.

Enjoy with another beer. ; )

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Grilled Cheese with Pastrami on rye.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Fire up the skillet and cook some red onions in a brown ale. I tried Guinness once, but it didn't come out as nice as with the Newcastle Brown.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Once the onions are soft, drain out the used beer and then add pastrami. Let it cook on low so that the pastrami can absorb some of the flavor.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Next, pile some Jarlsberg cheese mixed with gouda and some swiss, all of it shredded and put it on both slices of bread.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Put the sandwich together with the pastrami-onion mix in between the cheese. Put the whole thing on a Foreman to toast the bread.

Enjoy with another beer. ; )

Theres a place near me that actually serves something close to this! MMMmmmm!!! Oh, and they also serve beer!! MMMMMMmmmmmmm!!!!!!

I concur, it is very good. 

In case y'all were wondering about mine...

It's a properly prepared Reuben. Or a hot pastrami on rye. 

Sorry, I can't escape my genetics. Wink

Live long and prosper \\// [Image: 660e5a470556a0f21a991347940d77c860f8c9a5.jpg]

I like bewbs.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Right?!?!?! Aren't they great?

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Right?!?!?! Aren't they great?

Great...you take them for a while. Bras are very uncomfortable!!