Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Intresting Jurrel Casey Article. Titans knew Blake couldn't beat them.

The team seem to fall right into the Titans gameplan.   They knew Blake couldn't beat them.  Even with Yeldon banged up, its still hard to wonder why we gave up on the running game.  Interesting to see how the Titans planned to put the game in Blake's hands.

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2018/9/23/...to-bortles
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If that's not every team's gameplan vs the Jags then I'm not sure what they're doing with themselves.

People went crazy over Bortles' game vs the Patriots, and while he threw it accurately and kept the mistakes to a minimum and deserves credit for that, the Jags were running a ton of crossers and underneath passes that for whatever reason the Pats never game planned for or adjusted to stop. For Belichick to be the defensive genius he is, he certainly didn't act like it.

Vrabel and Pees realized this and pretty much took away all the underneath stuff and dared Blake to beat them deep, which he's generally not capable of, though in part it's our personnel that allowed us to do this. Titans have a really solid 4 deep at corner and Byard is one of the best center fielding safeties in football, and Vaccaro has played well this year. Maybe the Pats just didn't have the personnel to do what the Titans did.

I could say a lot in hindsight to. He would be squawking a diff story if just a few things went diff. The b's penalty on Malik would have changed the game if not called imo. Starting to really dislike Casey.

(09-26-2018, 07:08 PM)Titans4Vols Wrote: If that's not every team's gameplan vs the Jags then I'm not sure what they're doing with themselves.

People went crazy over Bortles' game vs the Patriots, and while he threw it accurately and kept the mistakes to a minimum and deserves credit for that, the Jags were running a ton of crossers and underneath passes that for whatever reason the Pats never game planned for or adjusted to stop. For Belichick to be the defensive genius he is, he certainly didn't act like it.

Vrabel and Pees realized this and pretty much took away all the underneath stuff and dared Blake to beat them deep, which he's generally not capable of, though in part it's our personnel that allowed us to do this. Titans have a really solid 4 deep at corner and Byard is one of the best center fielding safeties in football, and Vaccaro has played well this year. Maybe the Pats just didn't have the personnel to do what the Titans did.

welcome back

I'ts not that Blake cannot beat them with that. This offense and system cannot beat defense that takes that away. Blake has flashes and times when he gives a really good deep ball.

But they often refuse to style a game plan on offense with vertical attack unless they "have to" meaning playing the Steelers, Patriots, Colts, etc. If they aren't afraid of the other team's offense, they devolve into dink and dunk. It's really infuriating. They hardly ever run routes with double moves.

Combined that with few receivers that are true jump ball threats, them beating into Blake that not taking a chance and risking a pick is better than playing aggressive, and limited opportunities to really getting Bortles in rhythm.

Today is Wednesday ....isn't it time to get off this subject?
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(09-26-2018, 07:24 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: Today is Wednesday ....isn't it time to get off this subject?

No, don't you know he has to start a new thread on the same subject daily??

I always love people who say, :"that's why we did it"... or ... "we knew that or this"... FOOLISH TALK... why even acknowledge it?...fcol!!!l!!
I think they are already getting in to some peoples heads, if you ask me....for next time.
MOVE ON....

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2018, 09:11 PM by copycat.)

(09-26-2018, 06:45 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: The team seem to fall right into the Titans gameplan.   They knew Blake couldn't beat them.  Even with Yeldon banged up, its still hard to wonder why we gave up on the running game.  Interesting to see how the Titans planned to put the game in Blake's hands.

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2018/9/23/...to-bortles

Full disclosure, I didn't read the article.  With that out of the way, when did the Jaguars organization ever put the ball in Blake's hands?  The game plan as I saw it was take a few shots, if that doesn't work for what ever reason, put it all the defense and play oppressively conservatively on offense.  

I personally don't get it.  They put the ball on BB5's shoulders for New England and after him passing every test took it out the next week.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Yeah they didn't put the game on Blake. Did he make mistakes? Yes. But the gameplan didn't seem very good all the way around.

It's a bad habit which Tennessee always seems to bring out in us.

Blake didn't just beat them underneath though. Cole was abusing Rowe intermediate and deep all game.
No pain, no gain.

For those who say we didn't put the game on Blake, are you blind?

The team had 14 carries total. The team passed it almost 3 times as much. If that is not putting it into the QB's hands, I don't know what is.

(09-28-2018, 07:55 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: For those who say we didn't put the game on Blake, are you blind?

The team had 14 carries total.  The team passed it almost 3 times as much.  If that is not putting it into the QB's hands, I don't know what is.

Are you really this blind?  I am trying to be nice here but really?  He threw to backs and threw screens all day long.  Did you even watch the game?  At no point in that game did they tell Blake to go win the game.  Even in the desperation of the waning minutes rather than allowing Bortles to take a shot down field and hoping for a PI call they chose to lateral on not one but two plays.  Blake could win 3 consecutive Super Bowls and your history of posting here suggest you would still be calling for his head.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Ray Charles is your name? Blake dropped back almost 40 times and missed some easy throws. You can't blame it all on the coaching for the QB being afraid to throw the ball deep. I think he threw 10+ yards once the whole game.

BTW I picked Blake to push for a probowl spot before the season. He played well againt new England then bipolar Blake showed up against Tennessee.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

(09-28-2018, 08:20 PM)copycat Wrote:
(09-28-2018, 07:55 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: For those who say we didn't put the game on Blake, are you blind?

The team had 14 carries total.  The team passed it almost 3 times as much.  If that is not putting it into the QB's hands, I don't know what is.

Are you really this blind?  I am trying to be nice here but really?  He threw to backs and threw screens all day long.  Did you even watch the game?  At no point in that game did they tell Blake to go win the game.  Even in the desperation of the waning minutes rather than allowing Bortles to take a shot down field and hoping for a PI call they chose to lateral on not one but two plays.  Blake could win 3 consecutive Super Bowls and your history of posting here suggest you would still be calling for his head.

I thought they would throw one deep there too. With twenty some seconds to get into field goal range a deep ball could draw a p.i. and win/tie the game for you. I was shocked when they didnt
[Image: incredulous.gif]

As a Jags fan, I stopped watching the Jags in 3Q. I put on the Tacks in our box in the stadium. TN game today against Philly tells me the South is going thru Nashville. This Landry kid is really good. His trip sack saved TN [BLEEP] today. Casey was a monster again. Jags have got to stay on TN tail. TN defense is the real deal folks. I thought the Jags had the best D by far in the South, I no longer believe it. Landry Evans and Casey were spectacular today in this Philly game. I don't see Blake beating Philly's D. TN abandoned the run and gave the ball to Mariota and he became the white McNair today. Their new OC is the [BLEEP]. They converted three 4th downs on their GW drive in OT against the SB champs. TN is no paper tiger. Conklin's return neutralized the DE. Jax is still better on D than Philly because of their secondary but Mariota sent a message the last two weeks. I want to see Mariota against NE now.

If he wins that TN is the team to beat in my estimation as much as it pains me.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

(09-30-2018, 04:58 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: As a Jags fan, I stopped watching the Jags in 3Q.  I put on the Tacks in our box in the stadium.  TN game today against Philly tells me the South is going thru Nashville.  This Landry kid is really good.  His trip sack saved TN [BLEEP] today.   Casey was a monster again.  Jags have got to stay on TN tail.  TN defense is the real deal folks.  I thought the Jags had the best D by far in the South,  I no longer believe it.  Landry Evans and Casey were spectacular today in this Philly game.  I don't see Blake beating Philly's D.  TN abandoned the run and gave the ball to Mariota and he became the white McNair today.  Their new OC is the [BLEEP].  They converted three 4th downs on their GW drive in OT against the SB champs.  TN is no paper tiger.  Conklin's return neutralized the DE.  Jax is still better on D than Philly because of their secondary but Mariota sent a message the last two weeks.  I want to see Mariota against NE now.  

Your username explains your post.

TN is a bad team. How they keep winning I have no idea.

Ya Tennessee got bailed out by the refs on that one 4th down, just flail your arms dramatically on 4th and it's a 1st down. Marriota had 3 awful on the last drive. You can become a Tennesse fan CTE, good riddance.

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2018, 05:31 PM by BritJag.)

(09-30-2018, 04:58 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: As a Jags fan, I stopped watching the Jags in 3Q.  I put on the Tacks in our box in the stadium.  TN game today against Philly tells me the South is going thru Nashville.  This Landry kid is really good.  His trip sack saved TN [BLEEP] today.   Casey was a monster again.  Jags have got to stay on TN tail.  TN defense is the real deal folks.  I thought the Jags had the best D by far in the South,  I no longer believe it.  Landry Evans and Casey were spectacular today in this Philly game.  I don't see Blake beating Philly's D.  TN abandoned the run and gave the ball to Mariota and he became the white McNair today.  Their new OC is the [BLEEP].  They converted three 4th downs on their GW drive in OT against the SB champs.  TN is no paper tiger.  Conklin's return neutralized the DE.  Jax is still better on D than Philly because of their secondary but Mariota sent a message the last two weeks.  I want to see Mariota against NE now.  

Ugh. Pukeworthy titans. That winning drive literally sapped the joy derived from the Jags' win. Even when the Jags get 500+ yards and potentially could have been lauded, the titans steal our thunder, yet again. Fox aired the game in DC so I watched it all. Yes titans D is legit, but why can't Blake and the Jags O beat Philly's D if Ms. Mary and his O can? Also, white McNair? Check Ms. Mary's ethnicity again.

Anyway, a fantastic thrilling win for them. They are a tough, gritty, determined bunch. Scrappy and fight to the end. Congrats to Nashville Dave n co.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Titans dont have some genius level innovative defense. They just match up well against us. We can't run consistently well against even bad defenses. So it's fairly easy for them to take away our running game. They do a good job of not allowing Blake to make plays with his feet. And they do a good job taking away our short passing game. That's all there is to it.

The only other thing to really take into account is the fact that they always seem to play us really hard and always seem really jacked up for the game. It's almost like we're their super bowl for some reason.