Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Left Tackle Injuries and Solutions

Just saw Daniel Popper tweet that Wells broke his foot yesterday. 
(EDIT: likely a miscommunication there - just a groin injury on Wells)

He looked bad before being hurt and Walker was no better. 

We're on our third LT - looks like the #2 won't be back any time soon and the #1 is done till next year. 

Any thoughts on addressing the position moving forward this year?

Here's one guy's list of notable FAs:

http://nfltraderumors.co/top-2018-nfl-free-agents-list/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

First thing I do is call the 49ers and see what it would take to get Staley.

Off the list you provided, I'm getting Gillislee, Austin Howard and Fleener on the phone.

(10-08-2018, 01:31 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: First thing I do is call the 49ers and see what it would take to get Staley.

Off the list you provided, I'm getting Gillislee,  Austin Howard and Fleener on the phone.

Yep, I've been pushing the Staley idea as well. I think it works perfectly for both teams. Niners season is donzo and staley is probably only playing 1 or 2 more seasons. We dont need him long term with cam coming back but he immediately gives us an above average LT for the remainder of this year.

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2018, 01:52 PM by Caldrac.)

I don't know enough about the position to really speak to it. But if they find an upgrade I would imagine it would have to be secured via trade.

Other than that all they can probably do is just scheme up the offense to have the tight end or full back favor the left side with blocking assignments. And that's even scary when you factor in that we're getting thinner at those positions as well.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I wouldn't mind going after Staley as a fill gap. He's definitely not a Cam replacement. But if he plays well, could force cam to get better. We need to start drafting depth on our o line. Any of the starters go down and we show it.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

I know it was mentioned somwhere before but we could Move Linder to LT he has the size and talent. and Put Shatly back in at center

(10-08-2018, 01:55 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: I know it was mentioned somwhere before but we could Move Linder to LT he has the size and talent. and Put Shatly back in at center

I would only do this as a last resort. Fastest way to get to the QB is up the middle and could hurt our run game. I would keep linder at center.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2018, 02:00 PM by JAGFAN88.)

I know this one may be way out of left field but Calais plays on the FG unit. Put that man mountain out at LT Tongue

(10-08-2018, 01:56 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote:
(10-08-2018, 01:55 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: I know it was mentioned somwhere before but we could Move Linder to LT he has the size and talent. and Put Shatly back in at center

I would only do this as a last resort. Fastest way to get to the QB is up the middle and could hurt our run game. I would keep linder at center.

Shatly is not a big drop off at center from linder. He played over a half of the Jets game and noone noticed the difference.

Hmm, I'm a little confused. On here you said you saw a tweet that Wells broke his foot but on your thread, "Marrone's Monday Pressure" you stated Marrone said Wells just injured his groin and was week to week?

wait what... wells broke his foot??? what happened to groin injury??

(10-08-2018, 02:01 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: wait what... wells broke his foot??? what happened to groin injury??

I think Popper just answered incorrectly on twitter.  Confused by questions on Grant, ASJ, Wells all at once. Groin is the more likely reality.

oh ok...

why is richardson not an option to play? a 4th round tackle should be able to contribute

(10-08-2018, 02:06 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: oh ok...

why is richardson not an option to play?  a 4th round tackle should be able to contribute

No one ever said he wasn't but you.

(10-08-2018, 01:31 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: First thing I do is call the 49ers and see what it would take to get Staley.

Off the list you provided, I'm getting Gillislee, Austin Howard and Fleener on the phone.

Staley sounds good to me. If there's a time to invest a pick for a trade, it's now. OL is too important and injuries there are piling up too much.

About the RB I think there are some options, I like those and Darkwa as well.

(10-08-2018, 02:06 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: oh ok...

why is richardson not an option to play?  a 4th round tackle should be able to contribute

He was drafted at RT and that is where he spent the preseason. I do understand he played some LT in college i would have him trying to get up to speed with the LT plays.

I am wondering if Richardson has been getting any reps at LT. Pass blocking was his strong suit in college he could probably be a better stop gap than what we currently have.

Yeah I think now's the time to throw Richardson in. Seems like his development has been relatively slow but the hope is you have him develop on the field and after a couple of games with help he starts showing off some of his traits.

(10-08-2018, 03:59 PM)Upper Wrote: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...3759197186

Bad history with Flaherty. Doubtful there's any interest.

Quote:Flowers has experienced troubles in the past. He had run-ins with offensive line coach Pat Flaherty his rookie season and hasn't been a popular figure in the offensive line room since joining the Giants.
espn - 06/18

That, and he is beyond terrible.