Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Clowney vs Bridgewater

We are one franchise QB away from doing something. Our Defense can start putting it together if we don't have to keep them on the field for the entire game.

TEST

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:lol you clearly know nothing about the state of the franchise after the 07 season. read up and youll understand  :thanks:. 

Right, the state of the franchise dictated that we needed a horrible DE who would be out of the league 5 years later.  You're really nailing the case for it.

Quote:Right, the state of the franchise dictated that we needed a horrible DE who would be out of the league 5 years later.  You're really nailing the case for it.
lol yes because if we knew he would bust during the draft we would still pick him. wow youre an idiot.

I just want to point out that if you dig into my post history from last offseason, I was a BIG Clowney supporter. Wanting to take Geno last year was LARGELY in part to me wanting us to be able to take Clowney this year.

I am not upset in the slightest that we didn't take a QB in last years draft, but that all but eliminated any chance of us taking anything other than a QB this year. There were only three possible scenarios here;

1) We took a QB last year and take a DE in 2014.

2) We take a surrounding piece in 2013 and a QB in 2014.

3) We take a surrounding piece in 2013, Gabbert comes alive, we take a DE in 2014.

Option 1 is off the table, and option 3 is seeming highly unlikely.

As much as I verbally blow Bridgewater on the internet, I am still far more realistic than anyone who thinks there were more options than that.

TEST

Probably your best post, vw.

Quote:Probably your best post, vw.

It's like a alcohol level to female attractiveness index. The worse Blaine looks the better my posts look.

TEST

I've never liked Blaine or Henne.

im old school i like defense and power running game. did someone keep count of how many interceptions was yesterday? never seen so many in one weekend lol

Quote:im old school i like defense and power running game. did someone keep count of how many interceptions was yesterday? never seen so many in one weekend lol

And that doesn't work in the NFL anymore.  The rules have changed to the point where it's a passing league now.  Old School doesn't work anymore.  

32 Interceptions yesterday.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

And incidentally, the number of interceptions is going up because the number of passing attempts is skyrocketing.

TEST

Quote:And that doesn't work in the NFL anymore.  The rules have changed to the point where it's a passing league now.  Old School doesn't work anymore.  

32 Interceptions yesterday.

its working so far for the chiefs and seattle and you can make a case with the titans.  dont say it doesnt work anymore. yes the league has implemented more rules to protect the offense. but right now i'd rather have a defense that can keep us in games, than say be the chargers/cowboys.

Quote:its working so far for the chiefs and seattle and you can make a case with the titans.  dont say it doesnt work anymore. yes the league has implemented more rules to protect the offense. but right now i'd rather have a defense that can keep us in games, than say be the chargers/cowboys.

Seattle has a really, really good quarterback. Don't crown the Chiefs just yet.

Quote:Seattle has a really, really good quarterback. Don't crown the Chiefs just yet.
youre not understanding my point  :whistling: but to respond to your comment, aside from the jags game(because jaguars), wilson hasnt been that good this season. and the chiefs defense has been dominating their opponents and hasnt asked smith to do much.

Giving what we've seen so far from this current Jaguars team, I'm still amazed that Pirkster believes getting Clowney -- a DE -- and some second round project at qb would be the best way to turn around this team.

Quote:Giving what we've seen so far from this current Jaguars team, I'm still amazed that Pirkster believes getting Clowney -- a DE -- and some second round project at qb would be the best way to turn around this team.

I think he falls into the category of people afraid of drafting a QB. Even a highly developed stud like Theodore.

TEST

QB fear is on the verge of being officially announced as a mental disorder. It's rampant and only getting worse.

Well, you guys had me convinced that maybe I am too hard on 1st/2nd Overall QBs I really wasn't giving a fair shake. You guys convinced me that "Hey, maybe these guys are right and I'm wrong. Maybe we should take Geno Smith #2 overall because this is a QB league." You almost had be convinced that I had a mental disorder until... well...... you know the rest of the story.

Bridgewater is a much, MUCH better prospect than Geno Smith. I support drafting Bridgewater, but I also don't think the Jaguars would be screwed if they went a different route.

Quote:Well, you guys had me convinced that maybe I am too hard on 1st/2nd Overall QBs I really wasn't giving a fair shake. You guys convinced me that "Hey, maybe these guys are right and I'm wrong. Maybe we should take Geno Smith #2 overall because this is a QB league." You almost had be convinced that I had a mental disorder until... well...... you know the rest of the story.

Bridgewater is a much, MUCH better prospect than Geno Smith. I support drafting Bridgewater, but I also don't think the Jaguars would be screwed if they went a different route.

Now this makes a little more sense. I just really do not want to pass on Teddy. I think he is going to be an absolute stud in the NFL.
Shock the world

Quote:Now this makes a little more sense. I just really do not want to pass on Teddy. I think he is going to be an absolute stud in the NFL.
i think clowney is gonna be a stud also and i dont really want to pass on him. im happy either way but in a passing league, a stud DE is paramount.

Quote:i think clowney is gonna be a stud also and i dont really want to pass on him. im happy either way but in a passing league, a stud DE is paramount.

If Clowney is getting tired with double teams in college, he is going to die of exhaustion playing on a Jaguars team with no offense where he has to play almost the entire game.

TEST