Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Jaguars @ Titans Thursday Night Football Game Thread***

I'm not sure exactly where this ranks in our most embarrassing losses... But it's up there.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Welp, our offense is averaging 6.5 points a game past 2 weeks

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2018, 12:22 AM by rpr52121.)

(12-07-2018, 12:17 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(12-07-2018, 12:15 AM)rpr52121 Wrote: If they lose to Redskins and Dolphins then yes.

Why do those games matter to you? Why should one win against those teams matter? Because a lot of people are in that boat... and I flat out don't understand it. I don't care if we beat one of those teams 6-3... Marrone is not good enough. Period.

Even when this team was clicking the last three Tennessee match ups, the Jags have not beaten the Titans. This team is on fumes offensively and on short week, with a QB that is basically playing based on reps last week because he got none this week. The Jags were never going to win, especially after the Titans almost lost to the Jets. It was only a question if it was close.

Marrone should probably be gone after this season anyways, but you don't fire him right after this game. Doesn't solve anything.

Kessler was impressive tonight.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Game over.

NH3...
"AZANE"

I hate to say this, but Marrone has lost this team. I can't see these players playing for this guy. Love to be a fly on the wall in the locker room right now.
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

(12-07-2018, 12:17 AM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote:
(12-07-2018, 12:15 AM)lastonealive Wrote: It's been similar to Blake but we are now worse than ever.

Blake's mobility was our one weapon

Hahahahahahahaha that's just as funny as this game is right now!!

You anyone but bortles guys are really digging in. Kessler has 22 points in 10 quarters with half of them in garbage time and 2 a safety.

The line and the wrs are bad. You lot decided to fully blame the qb and hype up a mediocre backup and now we are worse

(12-07-2018, 12:23 AM)lastonealive Wrote:
(12-07-2018, 12:17 AM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote: Hahahahahahahaha that's just as funny as this game is right now!!

You anyone but bortles guys are really digging in. Kessler has 22 points in 10 quarters with half of them in garbage time and 2 a safety.

The line and the wrs are bad. You lot decided to fully blame the qb and hype up a mediocre backup and now we are worse

I just like seeing spirals!
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

(12-07-2018, 12:21 AM)JagJohn Wrote: I'm not sure exactly where this ranks in our most embarrassing losses... But it's up there.

Agreed.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(12-07-2018, 12:21 AM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(12-07-2018, 12:17 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Why do those games matter to you? Why should one win against those teams matter? Because a lot of people are in that boat... and I flat out don't understand it. I don't care if we beat one of those teams 6-3... Marrone is not good enough. Period.

Even when this team was clicking the last three Tennessee match ups, the Jags have not beaten the Titans. This team is on fumes offensively and on short week, with a QB that is basically playing based on reps last week because he got none this week. The Jags were never going to win, especially after the Titans almost lost to the Jets. It was only a question if it was close.

Marrone should probably be gone after this season anyways, but you don't fire him right after this game. Doesn't so anything.

That's not my question. Not just this game. I'm saying there is a large group of people, not just you, who say.... well if they win 1 or 2 more games Marrone should stay... but if they lose those 2/3 games... he should be out. Why is that? Why does 1-2 wins keep this man a job? I've seen nothing that says he should keep the job. Is it just because of last season? Last season, even though we made the AFC championship all year long I was pretty critical about Marrone. I thought he was skating by with an outstanding defense, very weak schedule, and no injuries what so ever. I thought he showed terrible game management last season. When it mattered.. and we had the Patriots on the ropes... Marrone laid down. He just disgusts me as a HC. 

Sometimes when you recognize trash... just take it out. No need to let it settle and wonder if it's going to turn into something else. Like what we have done with Blake for 5 years.

I'd take a wobbly old Peyton Manning pass anyday

(12-07-2018, 12:29 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(12-07-2018, 12:21 AM)rpr52121 Wrote: Even when this team was clicking the last three Tennessee match ups, the Jags have not beaten the Titans. This team is on fumes offensively and on short week, with a QB that is basically playing based on reps last week because he got none this week. The Jags were never going to win, especially after the Titans almost lost to the Jets. It was only a question if it was close.

Marrone should probably be gone after this season anyways, but you don't fire him right after this game. Doesn't so anything.

That's not my question. Not just this game. I'm saying there is a large group of people, not just you, who say.... well if they win 1 or 2 more games Marrone should stay... but if they lose those 2/3 games... he should be out. Why is that? Why does 1-2 wins keep this man a job? I've seen nothing that says he should keep the job. Is it just because of last season? Last season, even though we made the AFC championship all year long I was pretty critical about Marrone. I thought he was skating by with an outstanding defense, very weak schedule, and no injuries what so ever. I thought he showed terrible game management last season. When it mattered.. and we had the Patriots on the ropes... Marrone laid down. He just disgusts me as a HC. 

Sometimes when you recognize trash... just take it out. No need to let it settle and wonder if it's going to turn into something else. Like what we have done with Blake for 5 years.

I tend to agree, and I've never been one for knee jerk reactions. Marrone should go. I think the only bright spot on this team is some of the talent on defense. We need a philosophy switch and build for the long term

(12-07-2018, 12:29 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(12-07-2018, 12:21 AM)rpr52121 Wrote: Even when this team was clicking the last three Tennessee match ups, the Jags have not beaten the Titans. This team is on fumes offensively and on short week, with a QB that is basically playing based on reps last week because he got none this week. The Jags were never going to win, especially after the Titans almost lost to the Jets. It was only a question if it was close.

Coaches are rarely fired for bad game management though. It takes more for them to be fired normally. I was not talking about what I would do, but what Jags would do. 

The issue is not 1 or 2 more win, but more so who those wins are against as well as how they show up in other games. I said few weeks ago that if Jags lose to Buffalo and Miami, Marrone should be gone. The issue now is how well they play on given the expectations for the players out there and depending on who they are playing. Defense under performed heavily today, so if that continues he would obviously be gone.

(12-06-2018, 11:40 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: That TD saved Marrone for another 3 seasons.

Golden
[Image: incredulous.gif]

(12-07-2018, 12:36 AM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(12-07-2018, 12:29 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: That's not my question. Not just this game. I'm saying there is a large group of people, not just you, who say.... well if they win 1 or 2 more games Marrone should stay... but if they lose those 2/3 games... he should be out. Why is that? Why does 1-2 wins keep this man a job? I've seen nothing that says he should keep the job. Is it just because of last season? Last season, even though we made the AFC championship all year long I was pretty critical about Marrone. I thought he was skating by with an outstanding defense, very weak schedule, and no injuries what so ever. I thought he showed terrible game management last season. When it mattered.. and we had the Patriots on the ropes... Marrone laid down. He just disgusts me as a HC. 

Coaches are rarely fired for bad game management though. It takes more for them to be fired normally. I was not talking about what I would do, but what Jags would do. 

The issue is not 1 or 2 more win, but more so who those wins are against as well as how they show up in other games. I said few weeks ago that if Jags lose to Buffalo and Miami, Marrone should be gone. The issue now is how well they play on given the expectations for the players out there and depending on who they are playing. Defense under performed heavily today, so if that continues he would obviously be gone.

You're right they aren't, I agree. I should of included here, but my biggest gripe with Marrone that I was mentioning in other threads is his inability to have any hold on the discipline of the team. He preaches accountability...but he does absolutely nothing to enforce it and there's plenty of examples throughout the season to show for it. 

Guess we will see what happens at the end of the season.

(12-07-2018, 12:48 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(12-07-2018, 12:36 AM)rpr52121 Wrote: Coaches are rarely fired for bad game management though. It takes more for them to be fired normally. I was not talking about what I would do, but what Jags would do. 

You're right they aren't, I agree. I should of included here, but my biggest gripe with Marrone that I was mentioning in other threads is his inability to have any hold on the discipline of the team. He preaches accountability...but he does absolutely nothing to enforce it and there's plenty of examples throughout the season to show for it. 

It's pretty hard to enforce accountability though in the NFL especially if it is happening in position groups without much depth and when you lots of injuries. You can't just cut your high priced players either.

(12-07-2018, 01:04 AM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(12-07-2018, 12:48 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: You're right they aren't, I agree. I should of included here, but my biggest gripe with Marrone that I was mentioning in other threads is his inability to have any hold on the discipline of the team. He preaches accountability...but he does absolutely nothing to enforce it and there's plenty of examples throughout the season to show for it. 

It's pretty hard to enforce accountability though in the NFL especially if it is happening in position groups without much depth and when you lots of injuries. You can't just cut your high priced players either.

I used this example in a different thread. 

Last week, 3-8.... season is lost. What's a major problem with the team? Discipline. Boneheaded penalties... oh yeah we lead the league in those. Last week, we got Ronnie Harrison (who by the way... played outstanding) make a completely boneheaded penalty getting in the face of Ebron when he was 20 yards away from the play and had zero impact... where on good teams in the playoffs... those penalties can lose you a game. You got Bryan rolling the long snapper when Marrone says "Well we talked about it all week long". How about sending a damn message? I'm not advocating sending Harrison or Bryan to the bench for the whole game.... but the season is lost sit their [BLEEP] down for a series or two and start to begin to gain some respect among your peers. What I see is nobody gives a damn what Marrone says or respects him. Who do the rookies follow? The veterans. They've been making the same damn penalties all season as well... nothing happens. It's embarrassing. You look at great coaches... what would they do? You got Belichick cutting players after team violations and sitting Malcolm Butler in the SB. That's bold. 

At this point, the whole "accountability" preaching by Marrone is a complete joke. He's that teacher in middle school where all the class clowns act up in who keeps saying he is going to do something, but never does... and now the whole class is in on it. Just my opinion.

(12-06-2018, 03:25 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote:
(12-06-2018, 03:19 PM)jalenramseysays Wrote: Derrick Henry lol.... when's the last time he got 15+ carries? The Titans don't even know how to use their own RB, they prefer handing it to their backup TE instead of Henry on 4th and 1. (Example: Houston vs Tennessee)

Something tells me this post won't age well....

Lol whoops. What happened chief?
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

After watching that Henry run, over and over, it's quite obvious that this defense has forgotten the basics of tackling.

(12-07-2018, 02:10 AM)unf_nashvillian Wrote:
(12-06-2018, 03:25 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: Something tells me this post won't age well....

Lol whoops. What happened chief?

You definitely need to update your signature gif.