Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kessler the one bright spot on the team tonight

Well Tyrod will be available...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2018, 01:56 AM by JackCity.)

(12-07-2018, 01:49 AM)lastonealive Wrote: Well Tyrod will be available...

A better QB than Blake yes. He'd be a fine bridge QB while we let our rookie develop.

(12-07-2018, 01:49 AM)lastonealive Wrote: Well Tyrod will be available...

He might be able to usurp Blake as "the top dog in the AFC south"

If I scoured the league for a QB that was "most likely to do the same dumb [BLEEP] as Blake Bortles" I'm 100% positive my end result would be Tyrod [BLEEP] Taylor

I'm all about upgrading - not about side stepping

(12-07-2018, 01:58 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: If I scoured the league for a QB that was "most likely to do the same dumb [BLEEP] as Blake Bortles" I'm 100% positive my end result would be Tyrod [BLEEP] Taylor

I'm all about upgrading  - not about side stepping

Wildly different QBs , Tyrods whole game is based on minimizing risk. Flawed for sure , partly why he's not a good long term starter , but much better option than Blake as the bridge.

(12-07-2018, 02:01 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-07-2018, 01:58 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: If I scoured the league for a QB that was "most likely to do the same dumb [BLEEP] as Blake Bortles" I'm 100% positive my end result would be Tyrod [BLEEP] Taylor

I'm all about upgrading  - not about side stepping

Wildly different QBs , Tyrods whole game is based on minimizing risk. Flawed for sure , partly why he's not a good long term starter , but much better option than Blake as the bridge.
I see a remarkably equal amount of bad decisions and errant throws. 

It's a hard pass for me

(12-07-2018, 12:54 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(12-07-2018, 12:51 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I didn't see any bright spot in this game. It was a total black void of emptiness.

Westbrook's play and Bryan flashing that incredible first step that he showed in college, were the only positives I took away from this game.

bryan will be good just needs another off season

(12-07-2018, 02:03 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-07-2018, 02:01 AM)JackCity Wrote: Wildly different QBs , Tyrods whole game is based on minimizing risk. Flawed for sure , partly why he's not a good long term starter , but much better option than Blake as the bridge.
I see a remarkably equal amount of bad decisions and errant throws. 

It's a hard pass for me

I don't think they are on the same scale at all. Tyrods Alex Smith esque in that if he's gonna lose you the game it'll be due to being overly conservative Vs awful turnovers and poor decisions. 

Much better fit for this team even if overall he's not the future.

I see better much options than Taylor. I'm sick of game manager types. I'd rather have Foles as a bridge QB, but if we did go for a game manager, Flacco is a way better option than Taylor.

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2018, 08:50 AM by Section105Fan.)

No bright spots......ZERO! I’m so tired of people saying “ well, his OL didn’t help him”, then, when the OL gives the QB plenty of time and the QB screws it up, “ the QB didn’t help “, or when the defense plays well, “ the offense didn’t help “, or when they commit stupid personal fouls, “ If it wasn’t for those stupid personal fouls “.

This entire team sucks! There are no bright spots! The players have no heart , no soul, no pride, the coaches can’t coach or motivate, and the folks who evaluate talent are incompetent.
The team “ gets motivated “ for maybe 3 or 4 games a year, usually after they embarrass themselves two or three weeks in a row.

This is different than a few years ago, when they had boatloads of cap space. Now they find themselves with virtually no cap space and a roster loaded with overpaid, subpar players. They face tens of millions of dollars of dead money if they dump these do-nothings. Yes, J-Ville is the place where first rounders come to die, and where veterans looking for that last big contract come to retire.

there is no bright spot,Jags have no HC that can win,no QB,no offenssive line,and no defense at all when playing mobile qbs who have a superstar rb. the only bright spot is thier cheer leaders. no bright spot on the team. now they team will be loseing for years to come again thanks to doug.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Kessler isn't better than Bortles. All the excuses being made for him about how bad the surrounding talent played could apply just as equally to Blake. It's not as if only in the last two weeks did the offensive line suddenly forgot how to block, the WRs forgot how to catch, and Fournette forgot how to find a lane. Those have been problems all year long. Don't be blinded by your dislike of Bortles. They both have their strengths and weaknesses and they are obviously a different kind of QB. Neither of them are good enough to carry a team that isn't playing well.

Just in! Marrone says they will look at the film, make the necessary adjustments, and work on correcting mistakes this week at practice. He says that he, not the players, are responsible for their poor performance.He has to do a better job, he says.

My response?

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blan, blah, blah, blah, blah, and blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

Think you have to strike Kessler's games at the browns off his record....
as a rookie he was literally thrown into the raging fire that was Cleveland
so he's really 1-1.
BB5 has had 5 years....5 freaking years and what?... 3 trips to California to learn to throw
a football.
Just play the year out with Kessler....see what we have...draft a QB and keep
who ever the new coach likes as a backup. or heck keep both as a backup.
Fact remains we have ourselves in a QB mess again.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2018, 09:33 AM by homebiscuit.)

(12-07-2018, 08:49 AM)Section105Fan Wrote: Just in! Marrone says they will look at the film, make the necessary adjustments, and work on correcting mistakes this week at practice. He says that he, not the players, are responsible for their poor performance.He has to do a better job, he says.

My response?  

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blan, blah, blah, blah, blah, and blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

Marrone: “Obviously. You know?”

I simply won’t believe that he is running his program the same way he did last year. I think Marrone got complacent and realized it too late to save the team. He pulled the rug out from under his own feet.

Good lawd what a stupid thread. Kessler was pitiful.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(12-07-2018, 08:28 AM)rfc17 Wrote: Kessler isn't better than Bortles.  All the excuses being made for him about how bad the surrounding talent played could apply just as equally to Blake.  It's not as if only in the last two weeks did the offensive line suddenly forgot how to block, the WRs forgot how to catch, and Fournette forgot how to find a lane.  Those have been problems all year long.  Don't be blinded by your dislike of Bortles.  They both have their strengths and weaknesses and they are obviously a different kind of QB.  Neither of them are good enough to carry a team that isn't playing well.

Kessler's better at playing QB than Bortles. That isn't the same as saying Kessler's a great QB. He's just ok. I wouldn't mind him as a backup at his price. I was on the Bortles bandwagon for the first 4 years of his career and thought I'd been rewarded after his play at the end of last year but it's clearly been a case of fool's gold. Yeah the struggles haven't been all his fault but he's a QB that needs all the pieces in place to succeed, not the player you build a franchise around.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Well, in the first half, Kessler extended some plays and made a few throws that Blake wouldn't or maybe even couldn't have made. The result might have been largely the same though - Blake would have taken off running.
I didn't watch the second half... Flipped back long enough to see that it was 30-2 and was glad I'd started watching something else.

Kessler wasn't the problem in that loss, but the situation w/ he and Bortles hasn't changed.

Pick your poison. They both have their issues. Which type of suckage do you prefer?

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2018, 11:10 AM by Kane.)

I was the first one to run to the boards and tell people to chill out about Kessler after the win he "led" us to last week.
Bortles sucked, but Kessler sucks too, I said.

But he sure as hell played a lot better than I've seen from our QB much of this year last night.
The OL is what it is... trash. We're starting back ups to back ups out there. Kess had 0 protection and even less time.
Fournette couldn't find any holes when they were there (which wasn't often).
Moncrief alligator arms just about everything.
And the D decided it wasn't going to tackle anyone.

We don't need to talk about "bright spots" in that [BLEEP] show... but lets not dog one of the 2 or 3 guys out there really playing their butts off.
Kess
DeDe
Calais

If you actually watched, and believe me... I force fed myself 3.75 quarters of that game... You could see what Kessler could do with protection and time.
If you actually used your eyes instead of being jaded and angry at everyone you could see just how bad it is for ANY QB that is back there.

If you think Brady or Rodgers is making plays with this OL you're out your damn mind. Stop blaming the QB for everything. Especially when he really was a rare "bright spot" on the evening.
Yeah he fumbled, when he was hit with 3 defenders after 1.5 seconds.
Yeah he isn't tossing a bunch of TDs.... (cuz FBs quit on their routes, and coaches wanna call run plays our OL and RB can't execute)
Yeah, he isn't escaping the rush like a Blake Bortles could... but that's what we the fans wanted, remember?

Next season is long ways a way......

(12-07-2018, 11:00 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Kessler wasn't the problem in that loss, but the situation w/ he and Bortles hasn't changed.

Pick your poison.  They both have their issues.  Which type of suckage do you prefer?

Indeed.
He sure does throw the ball a lot better though doesn't he? lol

(12-07-2018, 08:28 AM)rfc17 Wrote: Kessler isn't better than Bortles.  All the excuses being made for him about how bad the surrounding talent played could apply just as equally to Blake.  It's not as if only in the last two weeks did the offensive line suddenly forgot how to block, the WRs forgot how to catch, and Fournette forgot how to find a lane.  Those have been problems all year long.  Don't be blinded by your dislike of Bortles.  They both have their strengths and weaknesses and they are obviously a different kind of QB.  Neither of them are good enough to carry a team that isn't playing well.
Dog. That's literally the point every person who wants Kessler is making.

They both can't lead an offense but one of them will be paid 21 million dollars next year. If there is no difference in your offense from your 21 million dollar starter to your 1 million dollar backup, you cut your losses with the starter. 

Blake needs everything around him to be perfect just to be average. Time to move on.