Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Prius Owner Freaks Out After Seeing Couple In Big Diesel Truck

Prius Owner Freaks Out After Seeing Couple In Big Diesel Truck

No two vehicles are perhaps more different than a Prius and a diesel truck. So, it comes as no surprise that the owners of each might have some differences of opinion on things. But, when one Prius owner saw what a couple was doing in a diesel truck in a parking lot, she freaked out — and it was all caught on video.

https://taphaps.com/prius-owner-couple-diesel-truck/
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

[Image: South-Park-Smug.jpg]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I like how the woman was described as a "Prius owner" rather than a "crazy lady" which is what she is. No editorializing going on there, sirree.

I hate "holier than thou" people who stick their noses in other people's business and try to preach to them how to live. I was hoping that mom would "clock" that Prius owner.

I want to buy a Prius and wrap it in real tree camo so I can confuse everyone at once.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2019, 07:30 PM by Jags.)

(02-07-2019, 05:37 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [Image: South-Park-Smug.jpg]
Thanks!!

One of my favorite episodes right there.

(02-07-2019, 06:00 PM)DragonFury Wrote: I like how the woman was described as a "Prius owner" rather than a "crazy lady" which is what she is. No editorializing going on there, sirree.

Do you ever defend drivers of “real vehicles”?  Or do you have a Prius?  And smell your own butt-gas like in the pic above?

I don't really care why people choose to buy certain vehicles.  However, in my experience people that buy a Prius or a similar vehicle usually are the types of people that try to force their "values" onto other people.  I personally own several diesel vehicles and tools.  Yes they produce more smoke than a conventional gasoline engine, but they are also far more efficient.  They are also used to help feed the local population as well as ourselves.

I personally would like to purchase a Prius one day, take it out on my property, load it up with some tannerite and blow it up... just because I can.  If/when I actually do it I'll post it on youtube.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(02-07-2019, 07:30 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I don't really care why people choose to buy certain vehicles.  However, in my experience people that buy a Prius or a similar vehicle usually are the types of people that try to force their "values" onto other people.  I personally own several diesel vehicles and tools.  Yes they produce more smoke than a conventional gasoline engine, but they are also far more efficient.  They are also used to help feed the local population as well as ourselves.

I personally would like to purchase a Prius one day, take it out on my property, load it up with some tannerite and blow it up... just because I can.  If/when I actually do it I'll post it on youtube.

I may have a man crush on you.  If you ever do procure a Prius, please invite me over to partake in the festivities.

(02-07-2019, 07:30 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I don't really care why people choose to buy certain vehicles.  However, in my experience people that buy a Prius or a similar vehicle usually are the types of people that try to force their "values" onto other people.  I personally own several diesel vehicles and tools.  Yes they produce more smoke than a conventional gasoline engine, but they are also far more efficient.  They are also used to help feed the local population as well as ourselves.

Blwo it up???? Careful of those batteries, they'll contaminate the land but......
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(02-07-2019, 06:54 PM)EricC85 Wrote: I want to buy a Prius and wrap it in real tree camo so I can confuse everyone at once.

Put a gun rack in the back and a set of monster tires on it, while you're at it. LOL.

Ha! I find this thread funny due to the coincidence that I own a Prius AND a diesel truck (a Ram Cummins). The Prius is for my 75 mile per day commute. The truck is for everything else. :-)
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(02-07-2019, 08:14 PM)hb1148 Wrote: Ha! I find this thread funny due to the coincidence that I own a Prius AND a diesel truck (a Ram Cummins). The Prius is for my 75 mile per day commute. The truck is for everything else. :-)

It makes sense to me to own both. They are both efficient at what they do. And the owners of Diesels are usually getting them for the same reason (the real reason anyway) that most prius owners do: improved fuel economy relative to their class.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2019, 09:52 PM by homebiscuit.)

(02-07-2019, 08:14 PM)hb1148 Wrote: Ha! I find this thread funny due to the coincidence that I own a Prius AND a diesel truck (a Ram Cummins). The Prius is for my 75 mile per day commute. The truck is for everything else. :-)

My commute is 4.5 miles. I feel so fortunate. My truck barely has time to get up to temp before it's shut down. I drove a Yukon XL for years because it was completely affordable to operate working so close to home. However, I would love to have an electric car for such a short commute, and the truck for everything else.

(02-07-2019, 09:18 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:

It makes sense to me to own both. They are both efficient at what they do. And the owners of Diesels are usually getting them for the same reason (the real reason anyway) that most prius owners do: improved fuel economy relative to their class.

Very true. The 3/4 ton actually get's better mileage than the half ton hemi. Plus the Prius would look funny pulling a trailer. Wink
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(02-07-2019, 07:26 PM)Jags Wrote:
(02-07-2019, 06:00 PM)DragonFury Wrote: I like how the woman was described as a "Prius owner" rather than a "crazy lady" which is what she is. No editorializing going on there, sirree.

Do you ever defend drivers of “real vehicles”?  Or do you have a Prius?  And smell your own butt-gas like in the pic above?

There's no such thing as a real vehicle, not unless you're so insecure about your own personality that you feel you must tie yours in with whatever transport you've bought for yourself.

Also, you can say fart now.

The great defender of vegans and economy car owners world-wide...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-08-2019, 05:21 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(02-07-2019, 07:26 PM)Jags Wrote:

There's no such thing as a real vehicle, not unless you're so insecure about your own personality that you feel you must tie yours in with whatever transport you've bought for yourself.

When you ride into work, do you wear your work clothes over the spandex or do you keep them in your man bag, I’m sorry, “satchel”?

Just for the fun of arguing with you, a “real vehicle” (IMO) is one I feel my family is safe in as well as can do things I may need it to do.  In my case...you guessed it!!! I drive a manly truck Smile.    And before you knock the “Having a truck for driving around”, I actually need to tow and haul for work.  But even if I didn’t, I’d still have one.  I lifted it slightly, but it still gets decent gas mileage.  Idk what I’m doing wrong.

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2019, 06:23 PM by Jags.)

I will say, if I had $80-$100k sitting around burning a hole in my pocket (which I don’t) I’d be curious about a Tesla.  But then I’m low to the ground again and I’m not sure how I feel about being limited in range.  In that case, id probably be better off getting a Peterbuilt.

(02-08-2019, 06:15 PM)Jags Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 05:21 PM)DragonFury Wrote: There's no such thing as a real vehicle, not unless you're so insecure about your own personality that you feel you must tie yours in with whatever transport you've bought for yourself.

When you ride into work, do you wear your work clothes over the spandex or do you keep them in your man bag, I’m sorry, “satchel”?

Just for the fun of arguing with you, a “real vehicle” (IMO) is one I feel my family is safe in as well as can do things I may need it to do.  In my case...you guessed it!!! I drive a manly truck Smile.    And before you knock the “Having a truck for driving around”, I actually need to tow and haul for work.  But even if I didn’t, I’d still have one.  I lifted it slightly, but it still gets decent gas mileage.  Idk what I’m doing wrong.

You're not doing anything wrong in buying and driving whatever vehicle you choose. Different people have different needs and desires and they buy different cars to meet them. Defining someone by what car they own is lazy journalism and judging people for what car they own is lazy thinking.

(02-08-2019, 06:04 PM)Rico Wrote: The great defender of vegans and economy car owners world-wide...

More like someone who's tired of the sad little echo chamber this forum seems to have become.

(02-08-2019, 06:26 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 06:15 PM)Jags Wrote: When you ride into work, do you wear your work clothes over the spandex or do you keep them in your man bag, I’m sorry, “satchel”?

You're not doing anything wrong in buying and driving whatever vehicle you choose. Different people have different needs and desires and they buy different cars to meet them. Defining someone by what car they own is lazy journalism and judging people for what car they own is lazy thinking.

You’re absolutely right.  But don’t worry.  That’s why I judge people for many reasons! Wink