Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "Let's talk about"

We sat around the fire pit with friends and just shot the breeze until about midnight, while drinking wine.  Man, something about a fire (well, and the wine) makes people yammer on about anything and everything.  It's a blast, I highly recommend the purchase of a fire pit.

That's today's editorial.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2014, 02:17 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:We sat around the fire pit with friends and just shot the breeze until about midnight, while drinking wine.  Man, something about a fire (well, and the wine) makes people yammer on about anything and everything.  It's a blast, I highly recommend the purchase of a fire pit.

That's today's editorial.

Fire pit  = good, I'm with ya there...

(Not aimed at you personally) But its funny how everyone seems to be a wannabe wine drinker now. Its become trendy and cliche. 

Oooh, lets all go to the winery for wine tasting, oh yay that sounds fun.... Rolleyes yuppie wannbe's. Ooohhh...look at us, and how faux cultured we are.... :down:

Gimme my beer (and/ or my bourbon) and lets go see a live band or go to some dive bar like regular people without the stick up their rear!

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2014, 02:18 PM by rollerjag.)

With whom are you associating? It seems like you comment on the behavior of an inordinate amount of jerks.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:With whom are you associating? It seems like you comment on the behavior of an inordinate amount of jerks.

I hate it here. So many fake people. But thats probably everywhere, nowadays. 

I wouldn't assume that. Most of the people I know in my area either don't drink, or hide their drinking. It is an uncommon occurrence to see alcohol consumed at public events.

- Bob Marley

Quote:I wouldn't assume that. Most of the people I know in my area either don't drink, or hide their drinking. It is an uncommon occurrence to see alcohol consumed at public events.

He is in New Jersey... :whistling:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

ok, you both lost me somewhere....

Yeah, I get that. There's a big difference in societal norms in the various regions of this country.

- Bob Marley

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2014, 02:34 PM by rollerjag.)

Quote:ok, you both lost me somewhere....

You were talking in generalities that I've found, from experience, to be untrue. I was unclear in my post about public drinking that it was an example.

- Bob Marley

generalities of fake people everywhere or generalities of the wannabe wine drinking phenomenon?... or part of same thing I guess...

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2014, 02:42 PM by rollerjag.)

Both, actually. You mention the proliferation of people going to wine tastings, I bet you can count the number of people who live in my home county that have ever been to a wine tasting on one hand.

Just an example, mind you, and I'm not conceding the point that people who go to wine tastings are fake.

- Bob Marley

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2014, 02:44 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Both, actually. You mention the proliferation of people going to wine tastings, I bet you count the number of people who live in my home county that have ever been to a wine tasting on one hand.

Oh....yeah , man up here where I live, it seems to be the "rage".....(yawn)....these people seem to think it makes them sophisticated or something... theres a middle class type around here that want to pretend like they are more than that....

Quote:ok, you both lost me somewhere....

I was actually responding to his previous comment about you having to deal with a lot of jerks. :thumbsup:

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2014, 02:52 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I was actually responding to his previous comment about you having to deal with a lot of jerks. :thumbsup:

Oh, yes, lots. More than you know. I really hate fake people. Its a pet peeve. The worst ones are the ones who are nice to your face and then its open season once your back is turned. Lots of that type around here. Or they make sure they do a lot of charitiable events because of how it makes them look in the public eye, not because of the goodness of their heart...They always make sure theres an audience. The best judge of character is how they treat people who do not benefit them or when no ones looking...and I have seen it, and its two faced. 

My hating that type is probably part of why I'm the way I am on here. Love me or hate me, my personality is genuine/ authentic. Nothing fake about me. I see some of the fake people around my town and I want to vomit. 

Quote:Oh, yes, lots. More than you know. I really hate fake people. Its a pet peeve. The worst ones are the ones who are nice to your face and then its open season once your back is turned. Lots of that type around here. Its probably why I'm the way I am on here. Love me or hate me, my personality is genuine/ authentic. Nothing fake about me. I see some of the fake people around my town and I want to vomit.

Jersey isn't known as the state full of warm, friendly people! :no:

Quote:Jersey isn't known as the state full of warm, friendly people! :no:

edited it to add a few things, too

Quote:Baseball is America's way of ruining an otherwise perfectly lovely summer afternoon.

I do hate baseball

Damn it I'm agreeing with the European again!
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Damn it I'm agreeing with the European again!

Next thing you know you'll be copying our health care system. Oh wait.

Quote:Next thing you know you'll be copying our health care system. Oh wait.

The wreck that's left millions uninsured?

Quote:The wreck that's left millions uninsured?

Your new system is modeled directly off ours. Ours has roughly 1.5% uninsured, mostly people who choose so because of religious reasons. The problem isn't with the system, it's with the people.