Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars school/prospect visit tracker

(04-15-2019, 12:10 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/zach_goodall/status/...41504?s=21

^ My sleeper pick

There are gonna be a ton of really good RB's available after the draft. He may be one.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-15-2019, 12:35 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-15-2019, 12:10 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/zach_goodall/status/...41504?s=21

^ My sleeper pick

There are gonna be a ton of really good RB's available after the draft. He may be one.

Huh. Thompson will be drafted in the first 4 rounds

(04-15-2019, 02:00 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-15-2019, 12:35 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: There are gonna be a ton of really good RB's available after the draft. He may be one.

Huh. Thompson will be drafted in the first 4 rounds

Everything I read is saying 5th or 6th round on Darwin Thompson. One site even has him as the 28th ranked RB in the class.

(04-15-2019, 02:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-15-2019, 02:00 PM)JackCity Wrote: Huh. Thompson will be drafted in the first 4 rounds

Everything I read is saying 5th or 6th round on Darwin Thompson. One site even has him as the 28th ranked RB in the class.

I wouldn't like to see the rest of that sites rankings if they have Thompson 28th. One of the best space backs in the draft easily

(04-15-2019, 12:35 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

^ My sleeper pick

I don't see us using a top 30 visit on a guy we wouldn't draft

(04-15-2019, 02:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-15-2019, 12:35 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: There are gonna be a ton of really good RB's available after the draft. He may be one.

I don't see us using a top 30 visit on a guy we wouldn't draft

The top 30s are commonly used for priority UDFA type players too. Just don't think Thompson is an example of one

There's only so many teams that will draft a RB and you have Josh Jacobs, Miles Sanders, David Montgomery, Damien Harris, Benny Snell, Bryce Love, Trayveon Williams, Darrell Henderson, Devin Singletary, Mike Weber, Wes Hills, Rodney Anderson, Justice Hill, Tony Pollard, Alex Barnes, Devine Ozigbo, Darrin Hall, Travis Homer, James Williams, Ryquell Armstead, Elijah Holyfield, Myles Gaskin, Ty Johnson, Nico Evans, Damarea Crockett, Jordan Scarlett, Karan Higdon and Jalin Moore have been the top guys I've seen in rankings and even many of them won't even get drafted. There's just so much talent at the position and not enough teams with RB needs to draft all these players. There might only be 12-16 teams that even use a pick on a RB.

(This post was last modified: 04-15-2019, 03:42 PM by JackCity.)

(04-15-2019, 03:30 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: There's only so many teams that will draft a RB and you have Josh Jacobs, Miles Sanders, David Montgomery, Damien Harris, Benny Snell, Bryce Love, Trayveon Williams, Darrell Henderson, Devin Singletary, Mike Weber, Wes Hills, Rodney Anderson, Justice Hill, Tony Pollard, Alex Barnes, Devine Ozigbo, Darrin Hall, Travis Homer, James Williams, Ryquell Armstead, Elijah Holyfield,  Myles Gaskin, Ty Johnson, Nico Evans, Damarea Crockett, Jordan Scarlett,  Karan Higdon and Jalin Moore have been the top guys I've seen in rankings and even many of them won't even get drafted. There's just so much talent at the position and not enough teams with RB needs to draft all these players. There might only be 12-16 teams that even use a pick on a RB.

An average of around 24 RBs a year have been drafted in the last decade (not including fullbacks). While not many RB will be filling front line roles, there will be a ton drafted to fill out backfields and add value in specific roles (space back, power back, all rounder etc etc). The depth of class will likely lead to better quality UDFA RBs, but that won't stop a large bulk of them from being drafted.

There won't be any less than like 20 RBs drafted this year.

https://twitter.com/zach_goodall/status/...60454?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(04-16-2019, 11:22 AM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/zach_goodall/status/...60454?s=21

He's a sleeper that I really like.

Davis seems ok as an early day 3 IOL. He graded ok at RT for his senior season but was better as a guard, and his athletic profile is subpar.

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2019, 08:29 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Looking a little deeper into Darwin Thompson

http://rotoviz.com/2019/03/darwin-thomps...s-pro-day/

He is 5'7" and strong an ox.  

"Despite splitting the Aggies’ backfield with Gerold Bright, Thompson topped 1,000 rushing yards for the third straight year, and was college football’s most elusive runner according to Cole Brown of Pro Football Focus. Thompson’s weightlifting feats are becoming legendary (including a 345-pound clean as a 180-pound high schooler), and his 28 bench reps at the pro day didn’t disappoint. Thompson declared for the NFL draft after a single season of Division I football, but at an electric 5 feet 8 inches and 198 pounds he’s already drawn comparisons to Tarik Cohen, in part because of his JUCO background."

Possibly the best recieving back in the draft

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/dr...-the-draft

Thompson, while flying under the radar with the Aggies in 2018, gained 1,210 yards after contact and forced 61 missed tackles across his 175 touches. He ranked fourth in forced missed tackles per touch (0.349) and second in yards after contact per touch (6.91) among the 210 FBS backs with 100 or more touches on the year.

Though limited to just 151 carries this past season, Thompson ranked eighth in forced missed tackles per rush (0.318) and sixth in yards after contact per rush (5.07). His ability to make defenders miss in the open field and remain upright through contact is among the best entering this year’s draft.

Looking specifically at his receiving ability, where the 5-foot-8, 200-pounder will make most of his money in the NFL, Thompson led all 83 FBS backs with 20 or more receptions in yards after contact per reception (18.5) and forced missed tackles per reception (0.542).

[Image: DARWIN-1.0.gif]

I hope we do draft this guy. My top guy if he is there in the 6th

(04-16-2019, 08:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Looking a little deeper into Darwin Thompson

"Despite splitting the Aggies’ backfield with Gerold Bright, Thompson topped 1,000 rushing yards for the third straight year, and was college football’s most elusive runner according to Cole Brown of Pro Football Focus. Thompson’s weightlifting feats are becoming legendary (including a 345-pound clean as a 180-pound high schooler), and his 28 bench reps at the pro day didn’t disappoint. Thompson declared for the NFL draft after a single season of Division I football, but at an electric 5 feet 8 inches and 198 pounds he’s already drawn comparisons to Tarik Cohen, in part because of his JUCO background."

Thompson, while flying under the radar with the Aggies in 2018, gained 1,210 yards after contact and forced 61 missed tackles across his 175 touches. He ranked fourth in forced missed tackles per touch (0.349) and second in yards after contact per touch (6.91) among the 210 FBS backs with 100 or more touches on the year.

Though limited to just 151 carries this past season, Thompson ranked eighth in forced missed tackles per rush (0.318) and sixth in yards after contact per rush (5.07). His ability to make defenders miss in the open field and remain upright through contact is among the best entering this year’s draft.

Looking specifically at his receiving ability, where the 5-foot-8, 200-pounder will make most of his money in the NFL, Thompson led all 83 FBS backs with 20 or more receptions in yards after contact per reception (18.5) and forced missed tackles per reception (0.542).

I hope we do draft this guy.  My top guy if he is there in the 6th

Agreed. I picked him as my sleeper pick in the other thread a few weeks back. He may not last till the 6th though if he’s getting Cohen comps. Remember Cohen was a 4th rounder.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2019, 08:45 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-16-2019, 08:39 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(04-16-2019, 08:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Looking a little deeper into Darwin Thompson

I hope we do draft this guy.  My top guy if he is there in the 6th

Agreed. I picked him as my sleeper pick in the other thread a few weeks back. He may not last till the 6th though if he’s getting Cohen comps. Remember Cohen was a 4th rounder.

Is he really a sleeper if he had a top 30 visit with us? Yeah, we dont have a 5th and I doubt we take him in the 4th though. Either way I hope he ends up with us some how.

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2019, 08:46 PM by JackCity.)

Easily one of the best players to be a space back here as I've mentioned before. Won't be there in the 6th, likely not in the 5th either. He's been pretty hyped by the draft community for months

You would have actually seen him briefly in the last season of Last Chance U. He had like 170 yards and 2 TDs Vs them in the last game.

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2019, 08:54 PM by knarnn.)

(04-16-2019, 08:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-16-2019, 08:39 PM)knarnn Wrote: Agreed. I picked him as my sleeper pick in the other thread a few weeks back. He may not last till the 6th though if he’s getting Cohen comps. Remember Cohen was a 4th rounder.

Is he really a sleeper if he had a top 30 visit with us? Yeah, we dont have a 5th and I doubt we take him in the 4th though.  Either way I hope he ends up with us some how.

Prior to his pro day and combine snub he was getting 6th round and later grades. Now that the cat is out of the bag probably not. He may very well be a 4th round target.

(04-16-2019, 08:48 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(04-16-2019, 08:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Is he really a sleeper if he had a top 30 visit with us? Yeah, we dont have a 5th and I doubt we take him in the 4th though.  Either way I hope he ends up with us some how.

Prior to his pro day he was getting 6th round or later grades. Now that the cat is out of the bag probably not. He may very well be a 4th round target.

Possibly, there will be some good backs there in the 4th when we pick.  I guess we will have to see who is still on the board when our pick comes.

The Jags are planning to send a contingent to see Tytus Howard on campus.

https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000...ssion=true

(04-17-2019, 11:07 AM)knarnn Wrote: The Jags are planning to send a contingent to see Tytus Howard on campus.

https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000...ssion=true

It's all about coachability with that one IMO.  He's super raw technically at the position but seems to possess the traits necessary to do very well. If they think after meeting with him he'll respond quickly to technical fixes, he could be a great value pick.

I'd be excited about him in the fourth (more likely to go in the third), but the odds of him starting year one are fairly slim.

Glad they are doing homework on him.

I think there's a really slim chance we go online in the first if we stay at 7. I think its Hockenson or dline. If we trade back I think it's a higher possibility we go online in the first