Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Trade Ramsey for third overall pick
Yes
ya? NO!
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
NFL.com.(GMF) How Jets May Trade #3 Pick for Ramsey

There is not enough NO in the world to express my answer to this.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

All day! We can agree about his talent level but his me first attitude doesn't jive with me whatsoever.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(04-23-2019, 11:29 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: All day! We can agree about his talent level but his me first attitude doesn't jive with me whatsoever.

The kid played through a knee injury all season last year and went out of his way to stay off of the injury report as much as he could. Denied being hurt week after week to reporters. Many players would have been seeking out the bench and whining about it. 

You may dislike his arrogant attitude, but he has not displayed a me-first approach to playing CB for the Jaguars.

(04-23-2019, 11:29 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: All day! We can agree about his talent level but his me first attitude doesn't jive with me whatsoever.
Lol based on what? Working out somewhere else?

If you just ignore social media entirely you'll be a lot happier with your life and the players on the team you support.

Just saying.

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2019, 12:15 PM by Bullseye.)

Was he thinking of himself or the team when he chided the media for covering the Fowler--Ngakoue fight?

Was he thinking of himself or the team when he played through the knee injury?

Was he thinking of himself or the team when he said he wants to be a Jaguar for his entire career?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

He is overrated but still one of the best and can/will get better. His attitude stinks though (or more like his lack of maturity).

(04-23-2019, 12:11 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

Was he thinking of himself or the team when he chided the media for covering the Fowler--Ngakoue fight?

Was he thinking of himself or the team when he played through the knee injury?

Was he thinking of himself or the team when he said he wants to be a Jaguar for his entire career?
Didn't you know? If you're an outspoken player, you are selfish and me-first.

(04-23-2019, 07:55 AM)Nikowho Wrote: Um....trade one of the few true blue chips this team has on defense? One of the better cornerbacks in the league in coverage?

I can't even fathom why someone would think that's a great idea. Especially with Jacksonville's luck with first round picks in this past decade..

"One of the better cornerbacks in the league"? He's one of the very best, if not the best. He was gimped by injuries all last year but played anyway.

(04-23-2019, 08:48 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: If the Jags did trade Ramsey (which they won’t) everyone on this board voting to trade him would be the first to say “we need cornerback help bad.”

So stupid. Just like it was dumb for the Raiders to trade Mack. All-Pro players are extremely hard to find and when you have one WHO IS STILL 25 YEARS YOUNG OR YOUNGER you don’t trade them. Period.

If a true franchise QB under the age of 30 were on the table, someone like Mahomes or Goff, then I think I'd pull the trigger. But let's be real: no one's trading a true franchise QB under the age of 30 for any defensive back, whether he's William James or Deion Sanders.

I don't see "me-first". I see a guy who was ragged on by the media all last season and continues to be ragged on by them, starting with wild, random speculation that he was as good as gone, leading into this last mess with Coughlin's statement being taken out of context and Ramsey being shoved into it and now the press is trying to trade him again. I'd get sick of the media too, after a while. Go back through last year and you're not going to see him whining about a contract or complaining about being made to play hurt. Read between the lines of his "reply" tweet to Coughlin and you'll quickly put together that it wasn't directed at Coughlin or the team at all.

(04-23-2019, 12:19 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: He is overrated but still one of the best and can/will get better. His attitude stinks though (or more like his lack of maturity).

I don't know how Jalen Ramsey is overrated when you consider that he was playing hurt almost all of last year and was still one of the absolute best in the league, but that's just me.

(04-23-2019, 12:19 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: He is overrated but still one of the best and can/will get better. His attitude stinks though (or more like his lack of maturity).
How can you be overrated and also be one of the best?

Is there anything higher than being a top 3 corner? lol

Question: If you were to put Ramsey into this draft, where would he be?

He'd still be a consensus top 5 pick, easily

The more I think about the 3 straight up for him, the more insulting it is, and I was indignant at the first sight of this hypo.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-23-2019, 01:27 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-23-2019, 12:19 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: He is overrated but still one of the best and can/will get better. His attitude stinks though (or more like his lack of maturity).

Came here to say exactly this.  How do you overrate him if he's one of the best and still improving?  lol

(04-23-2019, 01:46 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Question:  If you were to put Ramsey into this draft, where would he be?

The more I think about the 3 straight up for him, the more insulting it is, and I was indignant at the first sight of this hypo.
He would go no later than #3 overall. 49ers and Jets both need corner help and Ramsey is elite.

Maybe for the 3rd and their first next year too.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(04-22-2019, 11:08 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I would do this for one simple reason,  He is going to demand a monster contract next year.  I don't know if we can invest in paying Yannick and Ramsey that kind of money next year.  Defensive line has priority.

In this scenario we could draft the best defensive player aside from bosa on the board with the #3 pick and turn around and get Hockenson 7th.   Look for the best cb available in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Ramsey is the best cb in the league but I don't think it's wise to pay top dollar at the cb posiiton.  I am a fan of paying the big men up front.  With the salary cap you often can't pay both your secondary and defensive line top dollar so a choice has to be made.

Yes to all of this. Even the monster contract demand alone is worth doing it for. The Jags would be guaranteed Allen, Bosa, or Williams at #3 and then take an offensive piece at #7. And like you said, take BAP corner near the top of round 2. Bouye would be no slouch as a #1 corner. I'd rather have a monster D-line that comes in waves than a pretty good but aging line with a dominant corner who eats up a ton of cap room.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(04-23-2019, 03:24 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(04-22-2019, 11:08 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I would do this for one simple reason,  He is going to demand a monster contract next year.  I don't know if we can invest in paying Yannick and Ramsey that kind of money next year.  Defensive line has priority.

In this scenario we could draft the best defensive player aside from bosa on the board with the #3 pick and turn around and get Hockenson 7th.   Look for the best cb available in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Ramsey is the best cb in the league but I don't think it's wise to pay top dollar at the cb posiiton.  I am a fan of paying the big men up front.  With the salary cap you often can't pay both your secondary and defensive line top dollar so a choice has to be made.

Yes to all of this. Even the monster contract demand alone is worth doing it for. The Jags would be guaranteed Allen, Bosa, or Williams at #3 and then take an offensive piece at #7. And like you said, take BAP corner near the top of round 2. Bouye would be no slouch as a #1 corner. I'd rather have a monster D-line that comes in waves than a pretty good but aging line with a dominant corner who eats up a ton of cap room.
Cool. And if Williams/Bosa/Allen don't pan out? Then what?

You've given up an All-Pro corner (which in todays NFL might be just as important as pass rusher) for basically nothing.

(04-23-2019, 01:27 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

By being top 5 CB but everyone saying he is the best. His numbers were much worse last year.

He is top 5, not top3, not the best.

Perhaps we can trade Ramsey for Luck

Shutdown corners don't come around every year in the draft, and Ramsey is one. Ramsey should draw a much bigger price tag than #3 in a year where top ten mock drafts are all over the place.

As for his salary, we can always franchise tag him for a year - or just pay the guy. Won't know until we try. If he walks in free agency, then we live with it. It's what the best franchises do all the time.

Trading him for #3 is a terrible idea.

(04-23-2019, 01:46 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Question:  If you were to put Ramsey into this draft, where would he be?

You take #3 + something else, maybe a 3rd rounder or a promising young player (cornerback?) on the Jets roster. Kind of like what the Giants got with Jabril Peppers from the Browns in the Beckham deal.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt