Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mueller Investigation Complete

(05-14-2019, 10:34 AM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(05-14-2019, 09:45 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Barr has been AG for 3 years? New sheriff in town.

Sorry, but some of your role models are going to prison.

Wake me up when something actually happens.

Donald talks a good game - but it's all talk. See North Korea. See Lock Her Up! See Clinton Foundation. See Uranium One. See a lot of things.

Obviously Barr was hired to spin and lie for Donald, and he certainly seems up to the task. And he'll do what he can. I doubt it will go very far. But it gets the troops fired up. It's just another phony issue to take into the 2020 campaign. Donald is always playing the victim.

This isn't Donald Trump talking. This is an attorney general doing the job an AG is ethically supposed to be doing.

Maybe in your little world it is easy to write off a 2 time AG as a liar and spinner, but in the real world, he is the smartest guy in the room.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-14-2019, 10:58 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(05-14-2019, 10:34 AM)Adam2012 Wrote: Wake me up when something actually happens.

Donald talks a good game - but it's all talk. See North Korea. See Lock Her Up! See Clinton Foundation. See Uranium One. See a lot of things.

Obviously Barr was hired to spin and lie for Donald, and he certainly seems up to the task. And he'll do what he can. I doubt it will go very far. But it gets the troops fired up. It's just another phony issue to take into the 2020 campaign. Donald is always playing the victim.

This isn't Donald Trump talking. This is an attorney general doing the job an AG is ethically supposed to be doing.

Maybe in your little world it is easy to write off a 2 time AG as a liar and spinner, but in the real world, he is the smartest guy in the room.

As much as it kills me to say this, and I am pretty sure I'm taking years off my life by doing so, Trump has had two years to do this and he hasn't until now that the political ball seems to be in his court. Nothing comes of it. It's all about keeping his base angry at this point.

(05-14-2019, 12:26 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(05-14-2019, 10:58 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: This isn't Donald Trump talking. This is an attorney general doing the job an AG is ethically supposed to be doing.

As much as it kills me to say this, and I am pretty sure I'm taking years off my life by doing so, Trump has had two years to do this and he hasn't until now that the political ball seems to be in his court. Nothing comes of it. It's all about keeping his base angry at this point.

Lol, and if he had you'd be first in line screaming "Obstruction!!!!"
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-14-2019, 12:26 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(05-14-2019, 10:58 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: This isn't Donald Trump talking. This is an attorney general doing the job an AG is ethically supposed to be doing.

What the deep state did should worry every American. I think when Trump is out of office, people will have time to settle down and truly understand how dangerous this is/was.

(05-14-2019, 12:53 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-14-2019, 12:26 PM)TJBender Wrote: As much as it kills me to say this, and I am pretty sure I'm taking years off my life by doing so, Trump has had two years to do this and he hasn't until now that the political ball seems to be in his court. Nothing comes of it. It's all about keeping his base angry at this point.

Lol, and if he had you'd be first in line screaming "Obstruction!!!!"

A parallel investigation isn't obstruction.

(05-15-2019, 12:23 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(05-14-2019, 12:53 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, and if he had you'd be first in line screaming "Obstruction!!!!"

Like hell it wouldn't be called exactly that. You know it. I know it. Trump knows it and Nancy gets giddy over the prospect.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Hey Libs, what ever happened to this? Asking for a friend.

[Image: flat,550x550,075,f.jpg]

(05-15-2019, 09:31 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Hey Libs, what ever happened to this? Asking for a friend.

Not a lib. You're probably more liberal. Just don't like our current Buffoon in Chief. You, obviously, have lower standards. You actually think Donald is some kind of great business man. Hahahaha. Oh - don't read the New York Times. As if there is any chance of that. And don't you believe a word they say about Santa Clause or the Easter Bunny.

Re the Mueller Report. Trumpettes will do their best to ignore it. Pretend it never happened. Those of us who have actually read it will probably conclude that Trump did his best to obstruct justice. Mueller pretty much said that - but because of DOJ policy nothing would happen to Donald, unless Congress chooses to act. Mueller also found that Trump people sure kept bumping into Russians. All the time. But he could prove no conspiracy. Don Jr. lucked out, as Mueller said he was to dumb to know what he was doing (the Trump Tower meeting). Collusion? Sure? The Trump Tower is the very definition. But it's not illegal. And Trumpettes don't mind such sleazy behavior - that's been shown time after time.

And why is Donald so afraid of Joe Biden?
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(05-15-2019, 12:27 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 09:31 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Hey Libs, what ever happened to this? Asking for a friend.

Not a lib. You're probably more liberal. Just don't like our current Buffoon in Chief. You, obviously, have lower standards. You actually think Donald is some kind of great business man. Hahahaha. Oh - don't read the New York Times. As if there is any chance of that. And don't you believe a word they say about Santa Clause or the Easter Bunny.

Re the Mueller Report. Trumpettes will do their best to ignore it. Pretend it never happened. Those of us who have actually read it will probably conclude that Trump did his best to obstruct justice. Mueller pretty much said that - but because of DOJ policy nothing would happen to Donald, unless Congress chooses to act. Mueller also found that Trump people sure kept bumping into Russians. All the time. But he could prove no conspiracy. Don Jr. lucked out, as Mueller said he was to dumb to know what he was doing (the Trump Tower meeting). Collusion? Sure? The Trump Tower is the very definition. But it's not illegal. And Trumpettes don't mind such sleazy behavior - that's been shown time after time.

And why is Donald so afraid of Joe Biden?

Tic-toc, tic-toc. Time for the Dems to pay their Barr bill! See what I did there?

As far as Biden? Don't worry about him. AOC and Bernie will handle him for Don.

(05-15-2019, 12:23 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(05-14-2019, 12:53 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, and if he had you'd be first in line screaming "Obstruction!!!!"

Neither is an article II personell decision.

(05-15-2019, 12:27 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:

Not a lib. You're probably more liberal. Just don't like our current Buffoon in Chief. You, obviously, have lower standards. You actually think Donald is some kind of great business man. Hahahaha. Oh - don't read the New York Times. 

U realize he lead off the apprentice with that story right?  Don't worry.  Ur only a decade or so late to the party.  

As for sleazy behavior, a former Republican nominee for president and members of the GOP establishment trafficked in salacious Russian propaganda (the dossier) the dnc and the Democratic establishment paid for the darn thing.  The more civilized European Union underwrote it in an effort to subvert global populist ascendance.  Where are these better angels that are so far above the fray?

(05-15-2019, 01:54 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 12:23 AM)TJBender Wrote: A parallel investigation isn't obstruction.

Neither is an article II personell decision.

How many times have we been through this? If someone is investigating you and you call someone else and order them to fire the person investigating you, what are you doing to that investigation?

(05-15-2019, 02:19 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 01:54 PM)jj82284 Wrote: Neither is an article II personell decision.

How many times have we been through this? If someone is investigating you and you call someone else and order them to fire the person investigating you, what are you doing to that investigation?

Depends. What was the merit for that investigation in the first place? If you don't have an answer, don't worry. The Barr bill is about to be paid!

(05-15-2019, 02:25 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 02:19 PM)TJBender Wrote: How many times have we been through this? If someone is investigating you and you call someone else and order them to fire the person investigating you, what are you doing to that investigation?

Depends. What was the merit for that investigation in the first place? If you don't have an answer, don't worry. The Barr bill is about to be paid!

If an official investigation is launched into me, it does not matter one rat's [BLEEP] what the findings of that investigation are. If I took actions deliberately intending to disrupt or obstruct that investigation, like ordering my legal counsel to fire the person investigating me, I have committed obstruction. Where is the bar of "merit" in your mind? Does a federal investigation of a sitting President not have enough "merit" for orders from that President intended to circumvent Congress to not be obstructing the investigation? Or would Trump have to be standing in Times Square with Vladimir Putin singing the Russian national anthem while peeing on an American flag for there to be enough "merit" to say that the President attempted to obstruct justice? Does the bar of merit raise or lower depending on which party holds the White House?

Barr is going to do as much with this as Trump did when he promised to lock Hillary up. I thought that was his top priority after he got that check from Mexico for the wall--oops!

(05-15-2019, 02:40 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 02:25 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Depends. What was the merit for that investigation in the first place? If you don't have an answer, don't worry. The Barr bill is about to be paid!

If an official investigation is launched into me, it does not matter one rat's [BLEEP] what the findings of that investigation are. If I took actions deliberately intending to disrupt or obstruct that investigation, like ordering my legal counsel to fire the person investigating me, I have committed obstruction. Where is the bar of "merit" in your mind? Does a federal investigation of a sitting President not have enough "merit" for orders from that President intended to circumvent Congress to not be obstructing the investigation? Or would Trump have to be standing in Times Square with Vladimir Putin singing the Russian national anthem while peeing on an American flag for there to be enough "merit" to say that the President attempted to obstruct justice? Does the bar of merit raise or lower depending on which party holds the White House?

Barr is going to do as much with this as Trump did when he promised to lock Hillary up. I thought that was his top priority after he got that check from Mexico for the wall--oops!

When in doubt, ask yourself the question of if this investigation would have happened had Hillary won. The answer to that question lets you know how important it was.

(05-15-2019, 02:49 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 02:40 PM)TJBender Wrote: If an official investigation is launched into me, it does not matter one rat's [BLEEP] what the findings of that investigation are. If I took actions deliberately intending to disrupt or obstruct that investigation, like ordering my legal counsel to fire the person investigating me, I have committed obstruction. Where is the bar of "merit" in your mind? Does a federal investigation of a sitting President not have enough "merit" for orders from that President intended to circumvent Congress to not be obstructing the investigation? Or would Trump have to be standing in Times Square with Vladimir Putin singing the Russian national anthem while peeing on an American flag for there to be enough "merit" to say that the President attempted to obstruct justice? Does the bar of merit raise or lower depending on which party holds the White House?

When in doubt, ask yourself the question of if this investigation would have happened had Hillary won. The answer to that question lets you know how important it was.

I disagree. Hillary Clinton wasn't investigated for her mishandling of government emails (among other things that will never be proven), but she should have been. If there's credible evidence of someone working with a foreign power to manipulate US election results, I would expect them to be investigated whether they win the election, whether they lose miserably or whether they're not involved in the election at all. Jeff Sessions saw enough merit to it to keep it alive, and to recuse himself from the proceedings. What does that say about how much merit it had?

(05-15-2019, 02:59 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 02:49 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: When in doubt, ask yourself the question of if this investigation would have happened had Hillary won. The answer to that question lets you know how important it was.

I disagree. Hillary Clinton wasn't investigated for her mishandling of government emails (among other things that will never be proven), but she should have been. If there's credible evidence of someone working with a foreign power to manipulate US election results, I would expect them to be investigated whether they win the election, whether they lose miserably or whether they're not involved in the election at all. Jeff Sessions saw enough merit to it to keep it alive, and to recuse himself from the proceedings. What does that say about how much merit it had?

What was the evidence though? A fake dossier? There was no real evidence!

Jeff Sessions was a gutless jellyfish.  Democrats are scattering like rats when the lights come on right now. We will find out the merit it had very soon...

(05-15-2019, 03:01 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 02:59 PM)TJBender Wrote: I disagree. Hillary Clinton wasn't investigated for her mishandling of government emails (among other things that will never be proven), but she should have been. If there's credible evidence of someone working with a foreign power to manipulate US election results, I would expect them to be investigated whether they win the election, whether they lose miserably or whether they're not involved in the election at all. Jeff Sessions saw enough merit to it to keep it alive, and to recuse himself from the proceedings. What does that say about how much merit it had?

What was the evidence though? A fake dossier? There was no real evidence!

Jeff Sessions was a gutless jellyfish.  Democrats are scattering like rats when the lights come on right now. We will find out the merit it had very soon...

So the determination of the AG, the highest law enforcement official in the land, that the investigation had merit is invalid because he's "a gutless jellyfish". That's your standard of merit? Your personal opinion of the AG determines the merit of the case? Geez dude, you're starting to sound like a Republican in the 1990's, determined to impeach Bill Clinton for releasing thousands of Little Willies onto a blue dress because there was totally merit to investigating a President's sex life.

(This post was last modified: 05-15-2019, 03:43 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(05-15-2019, 03:37 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 03:01 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: What was the evidence though? A fake dossier? There was no real evidence!

So the determination of the AG, the highest law enforcement official in the land, that the investigation had merit is invalid because he's "a gutless jellyfish". That's your standard of merit? Your personal opinion of the AG determines the merit of the case? Geez dude, you're starting to sound like a Republican in the 1990's, determined to impeach Bill Clinton for releasing thousands of Little Willies onto a blue dress because there was totally merit to investigating a President's sex life.

My standard of merit is that the fake dossier produced by a 54 year old man with a mullet was used to start this investigation.

Sometimes you just have to use good old common sense and instincts TJ.

P.S. After getting to know Hillary, Slick Willy is a hero in my book. Who could blame the guy?

[Image: 171005-christopher-steele-ac-814p_5d7c75...00-630.jpg]

(05-15-2019, 03:37 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 03:01 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: What was the evidence though? A fake dossier? There was no real evidence!

Abuse of Power is and was a legitimate concern. A trumped up intelligence dossier paid for by the political opposition used to create a smear campaign as a self-professed "insurance plan" to destabilize the rightfully elected President? That's more like treason. But Orange Man Bad means that no matter what Trump did or didn't do (or does or doesn't do at this point) he'll ALWAYS be guilty in the Left and NeverTrumpers (BIRM) eyes, because he had the temerity to beat HRH HRC in a national election. As a result of that expression of the will of the American People we've had unending assaults upon the man, his family, his staff, the election process itself...all of it a whiny, petulant hissy fit thrown by obnoxious children who were told "no" by the American voter. And they just can't stand it. And it's going to happen again next year and we might actually have real bloodshed in the streets, all because the left doesn't like to lose and think that their Feels will trump actual physical violence. But hey, sometimes the herd needs a good culling, so eyes up and power dry, it's gonna be a good one.