Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump Says Ilhan Omar Should Go Back to Africa

(07-15-2019, 05:41 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Calculated move by a man who is smarter than most people in the room.

The Democratic party took the bait, as expected, and are in full implode mode.

Unsure why people continue to underestimate him.
I bought you some knee pads on sale from Amazon today.

I’m sure your knees are sore at this point.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-15-2019, 08:23 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(07-15-2019, 04:39 PM)Kane Wrote: Oh geez
Racists! Racists! Everywhere!

That word has almost no meaning anymore since you people like to throw it around so willy nilly.

And by "you people" I mean, wimpy little snowflakes (regardless of political affiliation)

There were laws in this country governing things as mundane as:
  • Where people of color could live
  • whom people of color could marry
  • into what entrances people of color could enter
  • from what water fountains people of color could drink
  • Where people of color could be after sundown
  • what hospitals could treat people of color
  • what schools/colleges/universities people of color could attend
  • where people of color could sit in theaters, diners and other establishments-if allowed in
  • under what circumstances people of color could serve on juries
    and countless other areas.  This doesn't even get into laws that are facially race neutral but with discriminatory effect, nor does this get into the private practices and societal norms otherwise not codified in the law.  So committed was the South to those repugnant principles and practices, they were willing to secede from this country.
These laws persisted throughout this country's history until the 1960s and 70s.  These laws could not persist without the assent of the majority-actual or tacit.  When these laws were changed, the people who supported those unjust laws and practices didn't just disappear.  Many passed their bigotry down to their kids, and worked to weaken the new laws designed to promote equality.  If laws against speeding-which have well known and tangible penalties for violating them-are routinely ignored by those not inclined to obey them, what of those laws that endeavor to enforce equality?  

If you are tired of hearing about racism, trust me when I tell you people of color are tired of experiencing it.  If you personally do not support the tenets of bigotry, then speak out against those who perpetuate it.  If,as I suspect you do, then prepare for the fallout of your hatred, which includes substantial rejection in the marketplace of ideas.

None of your arguments have anything to do with the remarks of Trump. He was not addressing the moronic foursome because of their skin color, and the foursome are the ones promoting different treatment of Americans based on their own chosen woke criteria.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(07-15-2019, 01:15 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: News Flash: Trump says what everyone else is thinking.

Nobody I know, thinks racist things like that. Of course I haven't attended any Skinhead/KKK/Aryan Nation/Alt-Right/Nazi/Proud Boys meetings, so maybe I'm out of the loop.

(07-15-2019, 09:23 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(07-15-2019, 08:23 PM)Bullseye Wrote: There were laws in this country governing things as mundane as:
  • Where people of color could live
  • whom people of color could marry
  • into what entrances people of color could enter
  • from what water fountains people of color could drink
  • Where people of color could be after sundown
  • what hospitals could treat people of color
  • what schools/colleges/universities people of color could attend
  • where people of color could sit in theaters, diners and other establishments-if allowed in
  • under what circumstances people of color could serve on juries
    and countless other areas.  This doesn't even get into laws that are facially race neutral but with discriminatory effect, nor does this get into the private practices and societal norms otherwise not codified in the law.  So committed was the South to those repugnant principles and practices, they were willing to secede from this country.
These laws persisted throughout this country's history until the 1960s and 70s.  These laws could not persist without the assent of the majority-actual or tacit.  When these laws were changed, the people who supported those unjust laws and practices didn't just disappear.  Many passed their bigotry down to their kids, and worked to weaken the new laws designed to promote equality.  If laws against speeding-which have well known and tangible penalties for violating them-are routinely ignored by those not inclined to obey them, what of those laws that endeavor to enforce equality?  

If you are tired of hearing about racism, trust me when I tell you people of color are tired of experiencing it.  If you personally do not support the tenets of bigotry, then speak out against those who perpetuate it.  If,as I suspect you do, then prepare for the fallout of your hatred, which includes substantial rejection in the marketplace of ideas.

None of your arguments have anything to do with the remarks of Trump. He was not addressing the moronic foursome because of their skin color, and the foursome are the ones promoting different treatment of Americans based on their own chosen woke criteria.
These comments were specifically addressed to Kane, and not necessarily about Trump.

The post before specifically addressed Trump and his comments.

There are plenty on the left (and some in the middle and a select few on the right) who have asserted Trumps immigration policy is racist as hell, yet only those four were urged to "go back to where you came from."

Trump has firmly and repeatedly aligned himself with racism.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(07-15-2019, 05:41 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Calculated move by a man who is smarter than most people in the room.

[Image: year_of_the_sheep_funny_post_cards_postc...vr_324.jpg]

Remind me never to piss Bullseye off. +infinity to everything except the rot in hell part. I'd like to see Trump live to a ripe old age so he can see how quickly he's written off and forgotten by history.

(07-15-2019, 09:28 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(07-15-2019, 01:15 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: News Flash: Trump says what everyone else is thinking.

Nobody I know, thinks racist things like that. Of course I haven't attended any Skinhead/KKK/Aryan Nation/Alt-Right/Nazi/Proud Boys meetings, so maybe I'm out of the loop.
You must not be one of us folks absent skin tone. The Dem memo states if you are white, you are all those groups wrapped up into one privileged package.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(07-15-2019, 07:51 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(07-15-2019, 03:34 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I wouldn't exactly say "what everyone else is thinking", but a large number of people do think and feel the same way.  The comment was made towards the "children" in Congress, but it should have been more specific to the African.

Before anyone decides to call me "racist" for pointing out that Ilhan Omar is indeed African let's set the record straight.  There is only one race... that being the human race.  She is ethnically African.

The only reason that I said that the comment should have been directed to her specifically is because she and her family immigrated here (the right way mind you) because they wanted to be in a better place.  That's why most people that immigrate here want to do, yet she basically says that this country is not "good enough".

Two of the other three are children of migrants (that did it LEGALLY) from places that are in fact worse off than this country.  Puerto Rico (AOC) and "Palestine" (Rashida Tlaib).

I don't like or agree with President Trump's tweet, though I can certainly see where it was coming from.  It's certainly not "what I was thinking" regarding these children elected to Congress.

It just so happens the target of his rants happen to be women of color?

Spare me the nonsense about us being "human beings."  This country's history has treated "human beings" quite differently based upon skin color.  Omar is American.  Full fledged...wholly legalized American Citizen with all of the rights that flow from being a citizen-as are the other three Congresswomen to which he refers.  

Where the hell does Trumo get off telling anyone-especially legal U.S. citizens-to leave the country, anyhow?  The fact he is urging these four United States citizens to leave the country almost as urgently as those in cages along the border shows that legal status is but flimsy pretext for those policies and proclamations.

He mentioned that all they do is complain.  First off, when does criticizing the president constitute hatred of the country?!?  Under that tacit rationale, Trump should have exited stage right when he began his wholly baseless attacks on former President Obama, and should have taken the bigoted and intransigent fascists on the right with him.

He cites allegedly anti semitic and pro al Qaeda sentiments uttered by Omar as a basis for them to leave. Again, by that rationale, Trump should be long gone from here.

What enemies of this country has Trump NOT aligned himself with?  He supports the flying of the Confederate flag and the preservation of confederate monuments, which glorify a group of individuals who were willing to renounce citizenship in this country; a group founded-by its own admissions-upon principles opposite to the U.S. Constitution those of you on the right so reflexively yammer about revering; a group that took up arms against American troops, ultimately costing over 600,000 American lives.

He supported the "very fine people" of Charlottesville, who flew Confederate flags and Nazi flags.  For those of you who conveniently choose to forget, this country was at war with the Nazis between 1941-1945.  By the way, the Nazis were coalesced around anti semitism, as evidenced by "some very fine people" of Charlottesville who chanted "Jews will not replace us."

He bends over backwards to fellate Putin, former head of the KGB, the CIA equivalent of this country's biggest 20th century adversary, the former Soviet Union. His relations with Russians is unlike any U.S. president that came before him.  Furthermore, he engaged-without preconditions-one of the last remaining communist countries in the world-North Korea, who joined the Soviet union in opposing the United States, to the point where they went to war against us.

The fact is, this country was founded on dissent.  Some of the greatest moments in this country involved reasoned, passionate debate over genuine philosophical/political differences on how best to govern this country.  The First Amendment of the Constitution guarantees the right to free speech thusly, in relevant part:  "Congress shall make no law...or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press;  or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for the redress of grievances." There is nothing in Article II that negates this, or for that matter, the rights of members of Congress to criticize sitting presidents.   There are any number of Supreme court cases that have the most eloquent advocacy of policy-in majority and dissenting opinion-you will ever see.  As distasteful, misguided, myopic, and yes, bigoted as I find many takes on the right, without question I affirm your rights to voice those views without having to excuse yourself from the country.  How dare this egotistical and bigoted [BLEEP] stain invite anyone who dares to disagree with him to leave the country?!?  If his policies are the right ones, he should have no problem defending the logic of them to his critics.  Instead, he divides this country again along racial and ethnic lines with his blatant hypocrisy and betrays the traditions that made this country great.  As many times as the right accused former President Obama of being a dictator, not once did he try to get his critics to leave the country because they dared disagree with him.  Not once did he call Fox news and other right leaning media "the enemy of the people."

May Trump rot in hell.
Should have just posted the link to the DNC monthly newsletter. Pretty long rant of opinionated drivel that could use some fact checking but meh. Sometimes you just have to let the turd either float or sink. This bowl snake needs to marinate!

(This post was last modified: 07-15-2019, 11:17 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Some of you should read the entire "racist " tweet. Your media left out the "come back" part.

Lot of anger and new cases of TDS going on here.

(07-15-2019, 09:18 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

I bought you some knee pads on sale from Amazon today.

I’m sure your knees are sore at this point.

When my knees get sore, I just rest on the padding of my wallet the Trump economy has fattened.

(07-15-2019, 09:29 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(07-15-2019, 09:23 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: None of your arguments have anything to do with the remarks of Trump. He was not addressing the moronic foursome because of their skin color, and the foursome are the ones promoting different treatment of Americans based on their own chosen woke criteria.
These comments were specifically addressed to Kane, and not necessarily about Trump.

The post before specifically addressed Trump and his comments.

There are plenty on the left (and some in the middle and a select few on the right) who have asserted Trumps immigration policy is racist as hell, yet only those four were urged to "go back to where you came from."

Trump has firmly and repeatedly aligned himself with racism.

Well CNN used the term racist in every headline on their website yesterday. No surprise coming from the CCCP network.

1) While the logical conclusion is that Trump was referring to four particular congresswomen, he didn't state any names, or any number (the "e" did imply more than one).

2) "Plenty" does not mean right. All sorts of nonsense has been and/or is still believed by "plenty" of people. Every Republican president and presidential candidate this century has been called "racist," so much so that the term has become a meaningless insult.

3) Trump has done nothing racist. Even if you want to put forth the idea that he discriminates based on certain characteristics, Central American is not a race, Muslim is not a race, Mexican is not a race. Basically, Trump is putting the interests of US citizens ahead of foreigners in his immigration policy. That's what I would expect of the President of the United States.

4) Trump's policies have done more for African Americans than any president since Johnson signed the Civil Rights Bill. Black (and Hispanic) unemployment is at record low levels. He cut many Obama regulations that would have caused electricity and gasoline prices to skyrocket, both of which were regressive hits on poor families. His tax cut, specifically doubling of the standard deduction, gave a huge tax cut to the lower middle class.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(07-15-2019, 10:58 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(07-15-2019, 09:28 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Nobody I know, thinks racist things like that. Of course I haven't attended any Skinhead/KKK/Aryan Nation/Alt-Right/Nazi/Proud Boys meetings, so maybe I'm out of the loop.
You must not be one of us folks absent skin tone. The Dem memo states if you are white, you are all those groups wrapped up into one privileged package.

What does that mean? Are you saying I'm not white? For the record, I am Caucasian. Almost entirely German and French. I live in the country, drive a pickup and am a proud gun owner. That doesn't make a difference though. Racist tweets are racist tweets no matter who they come from. To see them coming from the President of the United States is shameful embarrassing and scary. If you don't see them as racist, that says more about you, than it does about me.

(This post was last modified: 07-16-2019, 06:07 AM by The Real Marty.)

(07-15-2019, 03:34 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

I wouldn't exactly say "what everyone else is thinking", but a large number of people do think and feel the same way.  The comment was made towards the "children" in Congress, but it should have been more specific to the African.

Before anyone decides to call me "racist" for pointing out that Ilhan Omar is indeed African let's set the record straight.  There is only one race... that being the human race.  She is ethnically African.

The only reason that I said that the comment should have been directed to her specifically is because she and her family immigrated here (the right way mind you) because they wanted to be in a better place.  That's why most people that immigrate here want to do, yet she basically says that this country is not "good enough".

Two of the other three are children of migrants (that did it LEGALLY) from places that are in fact worse off than this country.  Puerto Rico (AOC) and "Palestine" (Rashida Tlaib).

I don't like or agree with President Trump's tweet, though I can certainly see where it was coming from.  It's certainly not "what I was thinking" regarding these children elected to Congress.

She is an American citizen and she has a right to her views and she has a right to participate in politics.

My wife is a legal immigrant.  If she stated a political position that you disagreed with, would you tell her she should go back to her country of origin?

People who say things like that are just weak.  "Go back to where you came from" is not a valid political argument.  It's a cop-out.   It's weak.  Especially when you are addressing an American citizen who has a right to their viewpoint.  No matter how crazy or stupid their viewpoint is, they have a right to participate in politics and express their views.

How about Melania Trump?  If she says, "Make America great again," would you tell her, "You came here to be in a better place, and now you say it's not good enough."  Would you say that to her?

....and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run. Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it's done.

(07-16-2019, 05:55 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-15-2019, 03:34 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I wouldn't exactly say "what everyone else is thinking", but a large number of people do think and feel the same way.  The comment was made towards the "children" in Congress, but it should have been more specific to the African.

She is an American citizen and she has a right to her views and she has a right to participate in politics.

My wife is a legal immigrant.  If she stated a political position that you disagreed with, would you tell her she should go back to her country of origin?

People who say things like that are just weak.  "Go back to where you came from" is not a valid political argument.  It's a cop-out.   It's weak.  Especially when you are addressing an American citizen who has a right to their viewpoint.  No matter how crazy or stupid their viewpoint is, they have a right to participate in politics and express their views.

How about Melania Trump?  If she says, "Make America great again," would you tell her, "You came here to be in a better place, and now you say it's not good enough."  Would you say that to her?

Melania would be correct. The country was better when she got here, declined in the intervening time period, and needed to be lifted up from what the last administration did to it. Unlike The Squad who are jabbering on about how the USA has never been great and is in fact outright evil. [BLEEP] them.

(07-15-2019, 09:35 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

[Image: year_of_the_sheep_funny_post_cards_postc...vr_324.jpg]

Yep, Trump is shearing them left and right.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-16-2019, 12:46 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(07-15-2019, 10:58 PM)B2hibry Wrote: You must not be one of us folks absent skin tone. The Dem memo states if you are white, you are all those groups wrapped up into one privileged package.

What does that mean? Are you saying I'm not white? For the record, I am Caucasian. Almost entirely German and French. I live in the country, drive a pickup and am a proud gun owner. That doesn't make a difference though. Racist tweets are racist tweets no matter who they come from. To see them coming from the President of the United States is shameful embarrassing and scary. If you don't see them as racist, that says more about you, than it does about me.
Not sure what was difficult to understand here. Also, there was not one racist thing written in the POTUS twitter rant. Not one. You are a prime example of the word being so overused that folks don't know what it means. Then you go with the typical, you don't agree with me so you are (insert buzz word). It's sad and comical at the same time.

(07-16-2019, 05:55 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Please tell us what the rest of the POTUS statement was. "Go back to where you came from and ...?" It's not a cop out. I see it as an individual that was actually getting pissed off about a small click that constantly bashes America and policy but offers nothing of substance except, wait for it... racist, anti-semitic, divisive, communist, anti-law enforcement, xenophobic, etc. They are far-left, white hateing extremeists that support La Raza, communism, and Sharia Law. The "squad" is trying to use their color as a way to gain power and respect since they don't have enough brain trust to do it with legislation!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0WU2a4nPZ4

(07-15-2019, 03:19 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: Sometimes I wonder how Trump could possibly have any supporters left, and then I visit the ol' Political forum of the Jungle.  Xenophobia and racism, but it's okay because some of us agree!

(07-16-2019, 08:26 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(07-16-2019, 05:55 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: She is an American citizen and she has a right to her views and she has a right to participate in politics.

Please tell us what the rest of the POTUS statement was. "Go back to where you came from and ...?" It's not a cop out. I see it as an individual that was actually getting pissed off about a small click that constantly bashes America and policy but offers nothing of substance except, wait for it... racist, anti-semitic, divisive, communist, anti-law enforcement, xenophobic, etc. They are far-left, white hateing extremeists that support La Raza, communism, and Sharia Law. The "squad" is trying to use their color as a way to gain power and respect since they don't have enough brain trust to do it with legislation!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0WU2a4nPZ4

It is so much easier only saying parts of quotes that support a demented narrative. 

AOC + 3 are polling VERY low. I believe AOC was at 22% and Omar at 9%. The Dems are in for a shock...

So we have a President of the United States who tells four American citizens, elected representatives, that if they don't like his policies, they should leave the country, go back to where they came from.

And just coincidentally, they're all non-white. And three out of the four were born in the United States.

How can anyone excuse that kind of behavior in a President?

(07-16-2019, 09:48 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: So we have a President of the United States who tells four American citizens, elected representatives, that if they don't like his policies, they should leave the country, go back to where they came from.    

And just coincidentally, they're all non-white.  And three out of the four were born in the United States.  

He didn't mention a thing about his policies.

(This post was last modified: 07-16-2019, 10:03 AM by The Real Marty.)

(07-16-2019, 09:56 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-16-2019, 09:48 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: So we have a President of the United States who tells four American citizens, elected representatives, that if they don't like his policies, they should leave the country, go back to where they came from.    

And just coincidentally, they're all non-white.  And three out of the four were born in the United States.  

He didn't mention a thing about his policies.

Okay, I'll change it to:

So we have a President of the United States who tells four American citizens, elected representatives, that if they don't like the way the country is being run, they should leave the country, go back to where they came from.     

I've said it before- even if you like his policies, how can anyone excuse the lying, the bullying, the name-calling, and all the rest of his behavior?  I like some of his policies, but he is such an odious person, such an embarrassment as a President, that I cannot ever vote for him.