Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Jaguars @ Ravens Preseason Game Night Thread***

(08-08-2019, 10:07 PM)Firesky Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 09:55 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I know it's only the first preseason game, but could it get any worse?

We could be turning the ball over more lol. Our RB's are getting solid gains as well. There are definitely positives, I also have a feeling that with a new QB, new OC and brand new offense. They want to show as little as possible so that there's no way to prepare for us in the early weeks of the season; this will better allow our Defense to carry us like in 2017. It's not just film of the offense, but film of individual players, specifically Foles and his favorite targets. More of a theory than anything but I think it warrants some discussion yk

I know we don't wanna show our cards, but c'mon. We're showing nothing at all.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Ravens with several explosive plays. Jaguars.... zilch

Ravens played starters, we didn't. I think our coaching staff is taking this game as a joke and maybe to evaluate some fringe roster guys and literally nothing more. Our offensive play calls were even about as vanilla as it can get.

I'm not worried at all yet, but if we look like this again next week maybe it's time start asking some questions.

Probably the worst preseason game 1 in Jaguars history.

(08-08-2019, 10:13 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Probably the worst preseason game 1 in Jaguars history.

32 guys, basically entire first team and half of second string didn't even dress - vs Ravens starters. 

What did you expect?

At this point these probably aren't even practice squad level guys anymore.

(08-08-2019, 10:13 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: Ravens played starters, we didn't. I think our coaching staff is taking this game as a joke and maybe to evaluate some fringe roster guys and literally nothing more. Our offensive play calls were even about as vanilla as it can get.

I'm not worried at all yet, but if we look like this again next week maybe it's time start asking some questions.

Stop with the ravens played their starters. From quarter 2 to 4 the talent on the field was equal.   The Jaguars just look like a poorly prepared and coached team.

You can't blame this debauchery on the fact that we didn't play starters. The Ravens' starters went out of the game a long time ago. And we still have done nothing. It looks like the Jaguars have done zero preparation for this game.

The 3rd string receivers we threw out there dropped several nice balls from Minshew. I haven't exactly considered WR a "strength" of ours since ARob went down week 1 of 2017. but Dede, Lee and Conley are servicable, and Chark is coming along; it's just apparent we CANNOT suffer an injury to that position this year especially Dede.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(08-08-2019, 10:15 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 10:13 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: Ravens played starters, we didn't. I think our coaching staff is taking this game as a joke and maybe to evaluate some fringe roster guys and literally nothing more. Our offensive play calls were even about as vanilla as it can get.

Stop with the ravens played their starters. From quarter 2 to 4 the talent on the field was equal.   The Jaguars just look like a poorly prepared and coached team.

You beat me to it, but we said the exact same thing

(08-08-2019, 10:15 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:

Nope. Since math doesn't seem to be your strong suit, 32 guys not dressed would include 10 second stringers. If Ravens played starters, it would make sense they then sent in thier second team - vs our third team... So uh, no it wasn't "equal"

(This post was last modified: 08-08-2019, 10:19 PM by Flagler Jagsfan.)

McGoober has some legs

We should be looking at the cuts of other teams for WR's and definitely work the waiver wire. I think some of these camp bodies need to be churned if they can't catch a cold...
Championship Formula:

4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(08-08-2019, 10:15 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 10:13 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Probably the worst preseason game 1 in Jaguars history.

32 guys, basically entire first team and half of second string didn't even dress - vs Ravens starters. 

What did you expect?

Come on now, I know you have good football acumen.  Sorely is a rookie that played in the 2nd quarter and beyond. He looked better than the Jaguars backups.

(This post was last modified: 08-08-2019, 10:21 PM by sfljaguarsfan.)

(08-08-2019, 10:16 PM)Firesky Wrote: The 3rd string receivers we threw out there dropped several nice balls from Minshew. I haven't exactly considered WR a "strength" of ours since ARob went down week 1 of 2017. but Dede, Lee and Conley are servicable, and Chark is coming along; it's just apparent we CANNOT suffer an injury to that position this year especially Dede.

Now the WR drops were a concern i can understand, those seemed like a mix of bad slightly poor throws and drops but wasn't exactly thrilling either way

I vote we don't play or even let the starters practice. We just can't afford to put a backup in.

(08-08-2019, 10:17 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 10:15 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Stop with the ravens played their starters. From quarter 2 to 4 the talent on the field was equal.   The Jaguars just look like a poorly prepared and coached team.

You beat me to it, but we said the exact same thing

Yeah man, people still defending Marrone.

(This post was last modified: 08-08-2019, 10:23 PM by sfljaguarsfan.)

(08-08-2019, 10:19 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 10:15 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: 32 guys, basically entire first team and half of second string didn't even dress - vs Ravens starters. 

What did you expect?

Come on now, I know you have good football acumen.  Sorely is a rookie that played in the 2nd quarter and beyond. He looked better than the Jaguars backups.

Whoa, did I just get a compliment from somebody on here? I think I'm tearing up a little! 

Ever seen the Patriots preseason records? I rest my case. This game doesn't mean much. If it happens next week this bad I'll be a little concerned.

(08-08-2019, 10:20 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 10:16 PM)Firesky Wrote: The 3rd string receivers we threw out there dropped several nice balls from Minshew. I haven't exactly considered WR a "strength" of ours since ARob went down week 1 of 2017. but Dede, Lee and Conley are servicable, and Chark is coming along; it's just apparent we CANNOT suffer an injury to that position this year especially Dede.

Now the WR drops were a concern i can understand, those seemed like a mix of bad slightly poor throws and drops but wasn't exactly thrilling either way

It pains me to say this... but our Receivers across the board have really regressed as a whole under McCardell. Jerry Sullivan worked magic here and even the depth guys had solid fundamentals as far as catching and routes; I think we really erred in letting him depart ways from the coaching staff.
Championship Formula:

4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(08-08-2019, 10:23 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 10:19 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Come on now, I know you have good football acumen.  Sorely is a rookie that played in the 2nd quarter and beyond. He looked better than the Jaguars backups.

Whoa, did I just get a compliment from somebody on here? I think I'm tearing up a little! 

Ever seen the Patriots preseason records? I rest my case. This game doesn't mean much. If it happens next week this bad I'll be a little concerned.

Lolol.  Hilarious. Yeah,  I hope we look better with Foles playing a series.

If Foles gets injured,. we WILL have the #1 pick in the draft. Pray he stays healthy. Our backup QB's suck! We probably should've kept Kessler at this rate.