Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Andrew Luck retiring!!!!

(08-25-2019, 07:39 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The worst part is we lose the Captain Luck Twitter journal.

The biggest travesty in all of this...

I was giddy all day yesterday, still can't wipe the grin off my face

SCREW THE CLOTS!!
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Definitely some consolation to the fact that the Jags beat the Colts 19-13 in the final game of the 2011 season; essentially enabling the Colts to get the #1 pick (as the Colts did everything possible to lose that game)

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2019, 10:55 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Colts Team Doctor

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b7611d5815c8668237b53d4...=giphy.gif]

Good news is we can't be last this year at least. That's about it.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

Seeing the Colts fans boo Luck off the field.

What a classy fanbase. Made in the image of their owner. Cant wait to beat them.

(08-26-2019, 11:44 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: Seeing the Colts fans boo Luck off the field.

What a classy fanbase. Made in the image of their owner. Cant wait to beat them.

We've boo'd for almost every possible scenario.  I wouldn't throw stones...ijs
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(08-26-2019, 11:44 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: Seeing the Colts fans boo Luck off the field.

He can wipe his tears with the millions of dollars he has.

Seriously.. who cares? I'd boo a millionaire little weakling like him too.

I hate to see him leave the game at such a young age, yet he has to do what he feels is best for himself and his family.  I know fans don't like it (specifically Colts fans) and the timing wasn't ideal, but his health, his life and his family are much bigger than the game.  It's like that for any player.

Think of Telvin Smith.  He walked away from the game and millions of dollars.  In the end it's all about taking care of one's self and their family.

Life goes on.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-26-2019, 04:44 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I hate to see him leave the game at such a young age, yet he has to do what he feels is best for himself and his family.  I know fans don't like it (specifically Colts fans) and the timing wasn't ideal, but his health, his life and his family are much bigger than the game.  It's like that for any player.

Think of Telvin Smith.  He walked away from the game and millions of dollars.  In the end it's all about taking care of one's self and their family.

Life goes on.

Exactly,  kudos to these guys for leaving on their own accord for something greater than the game and the money.  I’m sure it’s a tough decision.  Wish him the best.  Respected him as a player.  Glad he’s not a rival.

(08-26-2019, 03:35 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:

He can wipe his tears with the millions of dollars he has.

Seriously.. who cares? I'd boo a millionaire little weakling like him too.
Weakling? Hahahaha 

You’re a loser.

Exactly.  Had we experienced Gabbert retiring at halftime, the entire Jags fanbase would have given him a standing ovation.

He was massively overrated. Short term a disaster for the Colts but could be good for the franchise long term not being saddled paying elite money to a non elite qb

(08-26-2019, 10:13 PM)lastonealive Wrote: He was massively overrated. Short term a disaster for the Colts but could be good for the franchise long term not being saddled paying elite money to a non elite qb

Luck was massively over rated? please elaborate. He was on pace to break just about any passer record he wanted if he could stay healthy but his franchise neglected to protect him for almost half a decade which resulted in him getting obliterated behind the line. The guy showed class on and off the field and gave a hell of a lot to that city. if he stayed healthy I would absolutely say he is the top 5 in the league.

It is a shame that it all ends for him this way. Even though they are division rivals, he is a hard guy to hate.

(08-26-2019, 07:16 AM)Rico Wrote:
(08-25-2019, 10:26 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: I'll take an unpopular view on the Luck retirement. The timing stinks and puts his team in a serious hole. If he wanted to retire, he should have done so after last season, when the Colts could used FA or the draft to replace him.

Was he supposed to know he would get hurt again?
I'm sure he didn't expect to stay injury free, given his history. In 2017, his injuries were so severe that he was thinking about quitting football then.
I can't blame the fans for being angry.  His retirement was announced DURING THE GAME.  There was no goodbye, he just walked off the field.  He blindsided the entire organization.

(08-26-2019, 10:53 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote:
(08-26-2019, 07:16 AM)Rico Wrote: Was he supposed to know he would get hurt again?
I'm sure he didn't expect to stay injury free, given his history. In 2017, his injuries were so severe that he was thinking about quitting football then.
I can't blame the fans for being angry.  His retirement was announced DURING THE GAME.  There was no goodbye, he just walked off the field.  He blindsided the entire organization.

Wrong... Him retiring was leaked... They had it scheduled for Sunday at 3:00pm. They were going to have the announcement press conference at that time.

Somebody leaked it to Schefter and he broke the story in the middle of the game. That had nothing to do with Luck, it was some scumbag within/around the Colts organization that leaked it.

The Colts FO knew about it 1 1/2 - 2 weeks prior to yesterday. It's not like he just dropped that news on them yesterday and decided to walk off the field on a whim.

Luck doesn't owe jack [BLEEP] to those "fans" that boo'd him. Those "fans" are scumbags plain and simple. Entitled pieces of [BLEEP] is all that they are.

(08-26-2019, 10:50 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(08-26-2019, 10:13 PM)lastonealive Wrote: He was massively overrated. Short term a disaster for the Colts but could be good for the franchise long term not being saddled paying elite money to a non elite qb

Luck was massively over rated? please elaborate. He was on pace to break just about any passer record he wanted if he could stay healthy but his franchise neglected to protect him for almost half a decade which resulted in him getting obliterated behind the line. The guy showed class on and off the field and gave a hell of a lot to that city. if he stayed healthy I would absolutely say he is the top 5 in the league.

It is a shame that it all ends for him this way. Even though they are division rivals, he is a hard guy to hate.
He also turned it over a lot and was often shut out early in games and put up huge numbers while way down in games. He actually turned it over more than bortles, particularly so in playoffs.

A decent to good QB. Wasn't close to elite though. In fact they actually did better when Hasselbeck filled in for him one year.

(08-26-2019, 11:14 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(08-26-2019, 10:50 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: Luck was massively over rated? please elaborate. He was on pace to break just about any passer record he wanted if he could stay healthy but his franchise neglected to protect him for almost half a decade which resulted in him getting obliterated behind the line. The guy showed class on and off the field and gave a hell of a lot to that city. if he stayed healthy I would absolutely say he is the top 5 in the league.

He also turned it over a lot and was often shut out early in games and put up huge numbers while way down in games. He actually turned it over more than bortles, particularly so in playoffs.

A decent to good QB. Wasn't close to elite though. In fact they actually did better when Hasselbeck filled in for him one year.

Laughing

Happy for you to dispute any of the points raised.

(08-26-2019, 10:50 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:

Don't even bother with that clown. He rode Borts jock until the day he left town and has always been a Luck hater. Some people just refuse to acknowledge greatness if its on a rival team. He probably doesnt think Peyton was great either.

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2019, 12:29 AM by JackCity.)

(08-26-2019, 11:14 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(08-26-2019, 10:50 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: Luck was massively over rated? please elaborate. He was on pace to break just about any passer record he wanted if he could stay healthy but his franchise neglected to protect him for almost half a decade which resulted in him getting obliterated behind the line. The guy showed class on and off the field and gave a hell of a lot to that city. if he stayed healthy I would absolutely say he is the top 5 in the league.

*Did better when Luck was severely injured and barely able to play. 

Also Luck has a 83% win rate when the Colts held an opponent below 30 points, only Brady has higher, its ahead of Peyton, Big Ben, Rodgers, Wilson, Brees etc etc.

Albeit I don't expect the guy who thought Bortles was the top dog in the AFC south to be objective about a rival team