Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Need some suggestions on week 1 game

Thumbs Up 

I live in Michigan, and my buddy who I live with (Chiefs fan) decided to buy tickets to the game this sunday. I'm super stoked since it will be my first jaguars game and my first visit to Jacksonville in my lifetime, so I was hoping to get some suggestions on good food, bars, possibly some good spots to tailgate, and shad khan's mustache. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2019, 06:11 PM by Jags.)

You want a suggestion on the Shad stache?  

I won’t judge, weirdo.

(09-05-2019, 06:11 PM)Jags Wrote: You want a suggestion on the Shad stache?  

I won’t judge, weirdo.

I just remember people wearing em back when he first bought one and thought it was neat lol.

Shocked 

I won’t judge, weirdo.

I'd like a ride on that stache, bro.

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2019, 06:33 PM by Jags.)

(09-05-2019, 06:27 PM)jags_r_bake Wrote:

I won’t judge, weirdo.

I'd like a ride on that stache, bro.

I’m not surprised

(09-05-2019, 06:25 PM)jaguarista Wrote:

I won’t judge, weirdo.

I just remember people wearing em back when he first bought one and thought it was neat lol.

OH!!!    I took it like jags-r-bake did.  Maybe I’m the weirdo.  Just not as weird as jags_r_bake

Start hydrating now. Hope your tickets aren't on the north of east sides of the stadium. Be prepared for the environment as this may be one of the hottest games ever in Jacksonville.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Sadly only been able to make it over to Jacksonvillle once and that was in 2003 so I dont know how useful any info I had would be!

Enjoy the game buddy, always a special experience. I'd like to think if we were to win the SB with Shad, everyone in Duval County would grow one!

(09-05-2019, 05:51 PM)jaguarista Wrote: I live in Michigan, and my buddy who I live with (Chiefs fan) decided to buy tickets to the game this sunday. I'm super stoked since it will be my first jaguars game and my first visit to Jacksonville in my lifetime, so I was hoping to get some suggestions on good food, bars, possibly some good spots to tailgate, and shad khan's mustache. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The main thing you should know is that it will be hot as hell. Be prepared for that. 

97 degrees with a realfeel temp of 104. High humidity, very little wind. 

If you are looking to eat downtown I recommend Spliffs Gastropub, Bellweather or Burrito Gallery. 

If you get a spot in tailgaters parking on Talleyrand there will be lots of folks there pregaming. 
Google the italicized and reserve aspot for around $30.

Sunscreen. Lots of it.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Can you let us know where you are staying? Jacksonville is really spread out and suggestions really need to be based on where your hotel is located. It's the kind of city that has a bunch of nice places, but you could easily miss them because a lot of them are kinda hidden.
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

If your near a Lynch’s Irish pub I would always recommend that bar. Laid back, live band, and everyone pins a dollar bill to the wall and signs their name on it.

I would also recommend you check out the Bud Zone inside the stadium.

Get there early enough to enjoy a Sausage dog or Hot Dog off of the locals. They cook them to perfection and I enjoy helping out locals.

Hitch a bike ride from the local guys for about $20 instead of walking. They can carry a few at s time in the attatched seats.

And finally, wear sunglasses and a hat of some type bc you will be sun burned for sure. Enjoy brother.

Always a lifetime experience among thousands...

Make sure to bring shades and a wide-brimmed Tillie Hat.

[Image: tom-coughlin-is-not-going-to-adjust-in-h...wkward.jpg]

Hit Jax Beach on Saturday to watch college football (Clemson vs Texas A&M 3:30 / LSU vs Texas 7:30pm) --- even Michigan vs Army at noon

Recommend barhopping at the beach - Brix and Graffiti Burger Bar are both good for the indoor/outdoor atmosphere

Gator Lodge at Philips Highway. Northwest Jax very beautiful when dark.

(09-06-2019, 10:36 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Gator Lodge at Philips Highway.  Northwest Jax very beautiful when dark.

There is no Gator Lodge.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(09-06-2019, 10:43 AM)Rico Wrote:
(09-06-2019, 10:36 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Gator Lodge at Philips Highway.  Northwest Jax very beautiful when dark.

There is no Gator Lodge.
Where'd it go?

On the other hand, a nice stroll through Durkeeville is always a treat!
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(09-06-2019, 10:47 AM)Hard_Eight Wrote:
(09-06-2019, 10:43 AM)Rico Wrote: There is no Gator Lodge.
Where'd it go?

Hasn't been called the Gator Lodge for a few years.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2019, 02:04 PM by jaguarista.)

(09-05-2019, 08:36 PM)Vicbow Rules Wrote: Can you let us know where you are staying? Jacksonville is really spread out and suggestions really need to be based on where your hotel is located. It's the kind of city that has a bunch of nice places,  but you could easily miss them because a lot of them are kinda hidden.

We really haven't decided where to say. My buddy has the grand idea the rooms will be cheaper on the day of, so just banking on luck I guess.

(09-06-2019, 09:49 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Hit Jax Beach on Saturday to watch college football (Clemson vs Texas A&M 3:30 / LSU vs Texas 7:30pm) --- even Michigan vs Army at noon

Recommend barhopping at the beach  - Brix and Graffiti Burger Bar are both good for the indoor/outdoor atmosphere

that sounds pretty awesome. definitely going to hit that up.

(09-06-2019, 10:51 AM)Rico Wrote:
(09-06-2019, 10:47 AM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Where'd it go?

Hasn't been called the Gator Lodge for a few years.

Dang but, did they repaint it? I rarely get that far north on Phillips
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

If you are downtown Bellweather is a good choice as is Burrito Gallery.

San Marco neighborhood is near downtown and has a bunch of restaurants: https://www.jaxrestaurantreviews.com/san...staurants/

Avondale neighborhood is also near downtown: Biscottis is a favorite of mine and I love Mojo's BBQ: https://www.tripadvisor.com/RestaurantsN...orida.html

As for the beaches area: Poes in Atlantic Beach is good, as is Hawkers, but I will leave Jax beach to people who are down there more.

I hope you enjoy your trip and manage to get a cheap hotel room.
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus